Bedtime Stories Appreciation Thread!

hesser

Took me ages 2 figure out how 2 upload shit from VHS to youtube..but I managed..

Not the greatest quality but still..it's the:

Uncensored Madonna uses Steven Tyler's fingers 2 masturbate VMA '94 clip...

Yay Bedtime Stories month!!! :fag:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

thnx so much for sharing that. have never seen it in full before!!!

Do you also happen to have the FULL interview with Madonna, i think it was after the show, or during???

Took me ages 2 figure out how 2 upload shit from VHS to youtube..but I managed..

Not the greatest quality but still..it's the:

Uncensored Madonna uses Steven Tyler's fingers 2 masturbate VMA '94 clip...

Yay Bedtime Stories month!!! :fag:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:headbang:

HELL YEAH!! I haven't seen this since the night it aired. Weird but after watching that I remembered that Madonna was never announced as a presenter until the show started basically...maybe the pre-show and it was such a nice treat to have her their and of course she didn't come on til the end! Roseanne, M, Aerosmith, GOOD MTV.....GOD I miss the 90's!!

Thanks for posting!

Its VERY rare for me to say this about a video with Madonna in it. But the best thing about that video is NOT Madonna it is indeed Rosanne Arnold :lmao: . I always loved that whore. She Devil is like one of my favourite films EVER!!!! I love the way she was like 'Ok see ya later, thanks everyone.' ahahahahhahaha.

But the most shocking thing is I do rememeber this and I would have been like 9? Jeez. So what is so great about Madonna here is how well that image has stood the test of time. I mean like how dated is everything else that is going on around her at that time? I always loved that look anyway and think she wore some of the most beautiful clothes at that time. She was naughty and fun and witty and a little bit unaccepted. Which I fucking love!

Well the straight boys in my class thought she wore 2 much make up here..& I agreed at the time..

but seeing it now...she was just wow..I mean proper Oprah WOW.

mtv_10.jpg

The '94 VMA's were brilliant..Snoop performed 'Murder was the case..' Beastie Boys did 'Sabotage'..

Salt 'n Pepa did a kick ass medley...Janet was acting coy in that stupid baseball cap & loose fitting jeans..

MJ & Lisa Maree...:chuckle: & Roseanne did a great stand up 4 the opening..'You know people ask me if I'm upset 'bout my divorce & I say..I'm only upset that I'm not a widow...' Other than that her hosting was very much shouting in between acts..'Rolling Stones r so GRRRRrrrrrrreeeAAAttttttt!' :lol:

Guest Danny86

Don't think Slant Magazine's revised 2003 review was posted yet:

When Madonna declared, "Only the one who inflicts the pain can take it away," on 1992's "Erotica," she wasn't kidding. Following the funk of the Erotica album and her notorious Sex book, Madonna provided the creamy balm of Bedtime Stories, a fluffy-pillowed concept album that unfolds like a musical fairy tale. The album's first single, "Secret," is perhaps the most naked performance of her career.

Acoustic guitars, expertly sweetened vocals and producer Dallas Austin's signature R&B beats soulfully transport the listener into Madonna's troubled yet soothing world. For years, Madonna spoke in metaphors, fantasies and blatant shock tactics, but the performer indignantly struck back at her critics on "Human Nature." She didn't just hold up a mirror, she became the mirror: "Oops, I didn't know I couldn't talk about sex/I musta been crazy...I didn't know I couldn't talk about you." But whether it's the poetic ballad "Love Tried To Welcome Me," which was inspired by a stripper Madonna met in a club, or the enchanting "Sanctuary," in which she quotes Walt Whitman's "Vocalism," Madonna seemed more interested in literature and human psychology than sexual biology.

The album's mix of sorrow and romance (she compares rejection to an aphrodisiac on "Forbidden Love" and equates death and desire on "Sanctuary") exposes a woman who might have been in need of some serious therapy. Despite the album's multiple producers and genre jerkiness, it's this theme of yearning that holds it all together. Working with superstar producers is a rarity for the singer, so Babyface, who penned and produced "Take A Bow," was in scarce company.

The ballad is at once syrupy and bittersweet, calling on the words of one William Shakespeare to help recount the tale's dramatic conclusion: "All the world is a stage/And everyone has their part...But how was I to know you'd break my heart?" "Take A Bow" became Madonna's longest-running chart-topper, but it's the Björk-penned "Bedtime Story," perhaps the single with the most unfulfilled hit potential in Madonna's 20-year career, that could have been the next "Vogue." "Let's get unconscious, honey," she sings hypnotically over pulsating beats and electronic gurgles courtesy of Nellee Hooper and Marius DeVries. The song was the germ that would later inspire Madonna to seek out and conquer electronica with the likes of William Orbit and Mirwais.

"Bedtime Story" having the possibility to become the next "Vogue" is quite a stretch... :confused:

Guest thehiltonsuite

Bedtime Stories is my favorite Madonna album. It's so lush and beautiful and her voice sounds so much better with that smooth R&B sound. I think this is the best she's ever sounded. The songwriting and production is on point and she did a GREAT job making the album sound cohesive while using different producers. The looks she had for this album were also flawless.

Survival - 10/10

Secret - 10/10 (This could be my favorite Madonna song)

I'd Rather Be Your Lover - 9/10 (I don't care what anybody says this song is SICK!)

Don't Stop - 6/10

Inside of Me - 10/10 (One of the best ever, in my opinion)

Human Nature - 10/10

Forbidden Love - 8/10

Love Tried To Welcome Me - 10/10 (probably the most beautiful song she's ever written....and it's about a stripper)

Sanctuary - 10/10 (Perfection)

Bedtime Story - 10/10

Take A Bow - 10/10

Edited by thehiltonsuite

You are obsessed with charts. Do you chart your boyfriends? Do you chart the food your like with how many people in the world buy it? You must chart everything. Charting is your life.

:lol:

Thank u..... x.

Okay I had not seen this '95 DIVA comparison b4.. :wow:

Whitney : 'Before Madonna there was Babyface & I, need I say more?' :chuckle:

The Bedtime Story party fan i mentioned earlier is there as well... :lol:

TOO GOOD.

Her snort at 0:52 as she turns her head away. :lmao: :lmao:

Survival : 9

Secret : 10

I'd rather be your lover : 9

Don't Stop : 7

Inside of me : 8

Human Nature : 7

Forbidden Love : 6

Love tried to welcome me : 7

Sanctuary : 7

Bedtime story : 8

Take a bow : 10

Solid album who's perfect for the fall. ''Your honesty'' should have been there too.