Attitude:WORLD EXCLUSIVE MADONNA NEWS - NEW TRACK NAMES

iasonas

^ Thanks, Danny... I forget the exact timeline -- and yeah, I'd forgotten about how "BGO" and "Candy Shop" were leaked so early, so we knew those titles. I can't remember where JT was being interviewed, but he was really cagey. He wouldn't even confirm that you could call it a 'duet.' Maybe it was when he was interviewed by Ellen or something...

Paul said Madonna was highly professional, he learned a lot and that the new tracks are ‘lyrically classic Madonna with an edgy modern sound’.

‘Oooh’ we gasped, as we help the phone on a cord under our chin, and whipped up an omelette with the other hand, in a Thelma and Louise serving omelettes in a Texas Diner kind of way.

This is just funny to me. (I must be getting jaded!) Isn't this how her last several albums have been described by her collaborators? I mean, it barely means anything anymore to say it. I mean, fair enough, it's probably an accurate description and all, but... I just feel like saying (with a lot of sarcasm), "Thanks, now I know EXACTLY what it will sound like."

oh jeez no.. "Madonna Celebrate" as a title of the GH's album. It's just soooo corny. But then again, I recall many (including myself) dismissing a few titles from MUSIC album namely the title track as it seem so unimaginative and simplistic. The same for many of the simplistic names for COAD. I definitely thought "Get Together" was a joke as well as "Forbidden Love".

I hate to be critical here of Madonna, but if these are real titles, they aren't very imaginative. I'm hoping these are just working titles as of now. But won't Oakenfold look a fool if these tracks never show up. LOL!

It's obvious Madonna has worked with a couple people on new tracks and she will choose a couple that best suits the GH's.

Guest Danny86

^"Madonna Celebrate" sounds weird indeed, but still better than anything with "greatest", "hits", "best", "ultimate" etc in it.

I also wish these would be working titles, but unless the GH is pushed to November, there won't be any time to work on them, she's going back to rehearsals next week and will be on tour till September, when the GH is supposedly coming out. Anyway, these tracks were written in a VERY short period of time, I think she spent like 3 days in the studio with Paul, I'd imagine they can't even rename these songs because their lyrics are very basic.

"Revolver" has never been linked with Oakenfold. DJ Frank E has been hinting about a new Madonna song coming soon and it's assumed that it is "Revolver".

I thought that Anna person that everyone believes in talked about Revolver and said it was the same song.

broken is a nice title

the rest not so much

This is just funny to me. (I must be getting jaded!) Isn't this how her last several albums have been described by her collaborators? I mean, it barely means anything anymore to say it. I mean, fair enough, it's probably an accurate description and all, but... I just feel like saying (with a lot of sarcasm), "Thanks, now I know EXACTLY what it will sound like."

totally agree

I thought that Anna person that everyone believes in talked about Revolver and said it was the same song.

There are TWO producers with whom Madonna has collaborated for the GH, according to Guy O. and the Twittery-tweets of the producers themselves. Oakenfold and Frank E. "Revolver" was linked to Frank E, not to Oakenfold.

The insinuation from Guy O is that there will be two new tracks on the GH -- one from Oakenfold and one from Frank E. (If the Frank E one is good enough, that is. Otherwise, I guess we get two Oakenfold tracks.)

There was also a rumor from Anna that there might be a 'vault gem' that gets dusted off and refurbished for inclusion. (She indicated it was from the "American Life" era.) This rumor was early, though, before she went into the studio with both Oakenfold and Frank E, so I don't know if that plan fell through based on the strength of her recording sessions, or if that possibility is still on the table.

We'll see...

Anna also has recently reversed her previous position about "Revolver." She's now saying that Lil Wayne may indeed be involved. (Heaven help us... His songwriting may be helpful/useful to the track, but I'd really prefer his vocals not be included, unless just as a remix on the single EP or something...)

^That, or Madonna: Celebrate, Celebrate: Madonna," something like that.

And RE laziness- remember she plagiarized her own "Love Song" on "Hung Up," so let's not rush to any judgments withouth earing anything.

she should do what she didnt do with TIC. Put 3 new tracks on.

TIC was full of hits whereas GHV3 can hardly gather enough hits

1. Die Another Day

2. Hung Up

3. 4 Minutes

What ELSE?

Guest Pud Whacker
TIC was full of hits whereas GHV3 can hardly gather enough hits

1. Die Another Day

2. Hung Up

3. 4 Minutes

What ELSE?

interesting. id also say american life, hollywood, sorry, get together, give it 2 me...

they werent radio hits but they were known.

ill say this again, from 2000 until now has been one big long year with music. with the internet came not very many defining moments musically across the board.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I don't mind the 'Celebrate' title, it would sound ok with a good visual concept behind it and i definitely think the word sums up her career well. I think it's better than something like "25" or something boring like that. It's a cute title.

oh jeez no.. "Madonna Celebrate" as a title of the GH's album. It's just soooo corny. But then again, I recall many (including myself) dismissing a few titles from MUSIC album namely the title track as it seem so unimaginative and simplistic. The same for many of the simplistic names for COAD. I definitely thought "Get Together" was a joke as well as "Forbidden Love".

Yeah, that was my thought - but really, in retrospect, can you imagine MUSIC being named anything but? I gave up my prejudice against her titles years ago. If the track is good, I am not sure it matters what she calls it. In the end, everyone just complains until they hear it - and most end up loving it anyway.

Anyway, these tracks were written in a VERY short period of time, I think she spent like 3 days in the studio with Paul, I'd imagine they can't even rename these songs because their lyrics are very basic.

Those days in the studio were just the recording aspect though. Justin T. told ELLEN that Madonna has notebooks and notebooks of "really good poetry." For all we know, she could've written words to demos sent to her before she went into the studio for the final vocal recording. Anything is possible in that case, really.

Also, Pat Leonard said that he and Madonna wrote most of their songs in 15 minutes or less. I don't think anyone would poo-poo those lyrics.

Guest Danny86
Those days in the studio were just the recording aspect though. Justin T. told ELLEN that Madonna has notebooks and notebooks of "really good poetry." For all we know, she could've written words to demos sent to her before she went into the studio for the final vocal recording. Anything is possible in that case, really.

Also, Pat Leonard said that he and Madonna wrote most of their songs in 15 minutes or less. I don't think anyone would poo-poo those lyrics.

In one of the Twitter updates from the studio, Guy said she couldn't get Madonna online because she was busy writing lyrics, my comment was based on that, but yeah, it's too much assumption. But I guess it's possible to say that Oakenfold is not a lyricist in the same vein as Patrick Leonard or the HC collaborators, so Madonna probably wrote some simple stuff, like on COADF. I always thought she'd only do the bare minimum for this GH, but I know we need to hear the full songs to be able to tell. I'm also guessing that "Revolver" is going to be the only proper single release and these Oakenfold ones will be just "for the fans", even if only one of them ends up on the record.

Guest Danny86

That was on the last day, with Frank E, but he did say lyrics in this post:

i was hoping to get madonna to tweet from the studio.. but shes been busy writing lyrics..3:26 PM Apr 22nd from web

The Celebrate title and song is not that bad! Actually sounds cool!

As for Revolver Little Wayne is not involved in the new version! Its sound is Electro/Pop and is said to be very, very good! :thumbsup:

As for Revolver Little Wayne is not involved in the new version! Its sound is Electro/Pop and is said to be very, very good! :thumbsup:

That may change....

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?...st&p=740423

anna_henstridge:

i confirm that what initially seemed like a full m song could be getting a guest appearance by lil wayne. let's see what happens, don't pre judge anything based on words, it could be very cool.

Guest Danny86

New Anna quote:

indeed they are all true title how could you doubt the producer? heh

the wink to 'holiday' is pretty obvious with 'celebrate', and she's about to mix some lines of that new track in the upcoming tour version of 'holiday' so that should be exciting! and thats not the only thing added to the new version but some other classic surprises! i did give a hint about that specific song earlier.

'revolver', since plans for the video have been suspended, the date of song release is clearly not resolute, in spite of what's been written around. the decision to add up wayne was only presently made. the song might be out only towards the end of her tour unless she authorizes otherwise. hang on with this one.

i think if yall liked 'get together' from her confessions album, you're going to love oakenfold's sound and particularly 'celebrate' which has a massive party anthem feel to it.. 'everybody wants to party with you' she sings. cut lady m some slack, she hardly ever kept her fans despondent

Plagiarising herself again - she also used 'broken' in TPOG.

Cherish

So tired of broken hearts and losing at this game...

What Can You Lose

Once the words are spoken

Something may be broken

I'll Remember

Inside I was a child

That could not mend a broken wing

Frozen

You're broken

When your heart's not open

The Power Of Goodbye

The spell has been broken

I loved you so

Little Star

You breathe new life

Into my broken heart

American Pie

But not a word was spoken

The church bells all were broken

Paradise (Not For Me)

Encore une fois (Once more again)

Je suis cassée (I am broken)

Gone

I won't be broken again

I'm not

I'm not what you think

Issac

You will find the gate that's open

Even though your spirit's broken

Fighting Spirit

What you gonna try when your cover's blown

How you gonna fly when your wings are broken

OMG! What a plagiarism bitch! It's a crime! :dramatic:

Guest valhum
New Anna quote:

indeed they are all true title how could you doubt the producer? heh

the wink to 'holiday' is pretty obvious with 'celebrate', and she's about to mix some lines of that new track in the upcoming tour version of 'holiday' so that should be exciting! and thats not the only thing added to the new version but some other classic surprises! i did give a hint about that specific song earlier.

'revolver', since plans for the video have been suspended, the date of song release is clearly not resolute, in spite of what's been written around. the decision to add up wayne was only presently made. the song might be out only towards the end of her tour unless she authorizes otherwise. hang on with this one.

i think if yall liked 'get together' from her confessions album, you're going to love oakenfold's sound and particularly 'celebrate' which has a massive party anthem feel to it.. 'everybody wants to party with you' she sings. cut lady m some slack, she hardly ever kept her fans despondent

Coolness :)