S&S - Tel Aviv, Israel - Sept. 1 & 2

Guest chatty kathy

OMG! She does the double here! :dramatic:

I just returned from a vacation... Oh, trying not to think about my bank account after all that shiz.

Madonna adds second date in Tel Aviv

telaviv_001.jpg

Due to huge demand for tickets, pop diva decides to give second performance in Israel on September 2

Madonna, who is scheduled to perform in Tel Aviv on September 1, will give an additional concert on the following evening in light of the huge demand for tickets in Israel.

Ynet has learned that tens of thousands of tickets have already been sold since going on sale about a week ago. Many of the buyers are fans of the pop diva from abroad, who wish t attend the last concert of her current tour. The show's production has therefore approved the second concert.

Ticket sale for the additional show will open Friday, and there are still tickets available for the first performance. Ticket prices range from NIS 490 ($120) to NIS 2,500 ($620).

Over a 100,000 people are expected to attend the two shows.

The diva has been traveling the world for some time now with her international "Sticky and Sweet" tour, which was launched following the release of her latest album "Hard Candy."

The tour began in August 2008 and was scheduled to conclude in Bulgaria on August 28. But then Madonna received - and accepted - the proposal to play in the Holy Land.

This will be the icon's second performance in Israel. In 1993 she rocked the park with her concert, "The Girlie Show."

In 2004 the singer was also here, and even gave a speech at a Kabbalah center conference.

Guest FrozenLight

I love it how those press releases make it sound like Madonna decided to give a second concert blah blah blah at the last minute. It's like the Paris show at Stade de France and the Rio, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo shows....due to huge demand Madonna has decided to give an additional concert.

Let's get real these things are pretty much set way in advance and Live Nation test the market and if they feel the demand is there they automatically add a second show. I think the only ones that were not planned this time around were maybe the Oslo and Stockholm dates...looking at the schedule I think Live Nation didn't expect the demand to be as high as it was for those 2 cities. The same thing applied to the Wembley show last year...they were a few days left in the original schedule and when the first (and only) Wembley date seemed to take a while to sell-out they gave up on the second date that they originally had planned.

Th only other city were Live Nation could have easily added a second show for is in Belgium...but I think they underestimated the demand there

Guest boytoyville
I love it how those press releases make it sound like Madonna decided to give a second concert blah blah blah at the last minute. It's like the Paris show at Stade de France and the Rio, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo shows....due to huge demand Madonna has decided to give an additional concert.

Let's get real these things are pretty much set way in advance and Live Nation test the market and if they feel the demand is there they automatically add a second show. I think the only ones that were not planned this time around were maybe the Oslo and Stockholm dates...looking at the schedule I think Live Nation didn't expect the demand to be as high as it was for those 2 cities. The same thing applied to the Wembley show last year...they were a few days left in the original schedule and when the first (and only) Wembley date seemed to take a while to sell-out they gave up on the second date that they originally had planned.

Th only other city were Live Nation could have easily added a second show for is in Belgium...but I think they underestimated the demand there

Helsinki was probably the most in demand show, it sold out immeditaly and had no room to add another show. They currently sold approx 85,000 tix to that show.

• 2 weeks later...

From MTRIBE NEWS:

Israeli leading newspaper "Yediot Ah'Haronot" broke the news today that Madonna will not be the only mega star to travel to Israel in September.

The Queen of Pop will be in Tel Aviv to wrap her Sticky & Sweet Tour with two sold out nights at the Yehoshua Gardens on September 1st and 2nd. And according to the newspaper another mega star will be her special guest for a Kabbalah trip to the holy land, being no other than Justin Timberlake.

It will be Justin's first time in Israel, and sources in the show's production team say that there might be a surprise guest appearance on the stage, too.

The article also mentions that Justin have been studying Kabbalah with Madonna in the London Centre for some time now.

^ Dana actually wanted to open for her. :confessions:

Anyway, there are speculations about who are the celebs that are coming with M. The Justina rumor was going on for a while now. It's also said that Rosie, Gwyneth, Demi, Ashton and Beyonce :blink: supposed to come with her.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest agnesgirly
From MTRIBE NEWS:

Israeli leading newspaper "Yediot Ah'Haronot" broke the news today that Madonna will not be the only mega star to travel to Israel in September.

The Queen of Pop will be in Tel Aviv to wrap her Sticky & Sweet Tour with two sold out nights at the Yehoshua Gardens on September 1st and 2nd. And according to the newspaper another mega star will be her special guest for a Kabbalah trip to the holy land, being no other than Justin Timberlake.

It will be Justin's first time in Israel, and sources in the show's production team say that there might be a surprise guest appearance on the stage, too.

The article also mentions that Justin have been studying Kabbalah with Madonna in the London Centre for some time now.

oh god i hope justin make appearence . plese ejustin . i love him ahhahh

• 1 month later...

On Saturday an Israeli TV channel (10) is gonna air an article about the backstage of the tour - promoting M's upcoming shows here.

Here's a little preview from the article that was aired today during the news:

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Other tidbits:

It's reported that she's gonna stay here for about 6 days. She'll come with Jesus and she's bringing her kids for the first time. It's rumored that many of her celebrities friends would come with her as well, but nothing has been confirmed.

One fan who spoke to M's sister, Melanie, said that she plans on coming too with her family, so perhaps some of her other relatives would come as well.

I see that Mike (from Madonnadownload) uploaded the full article that was aired yesterday. Here's the link:

Also yesterday another Israeli channel has aired an interview with Guy O. Nothing too important was said that requires translation; it's basically about how he first got to work for her and mentions other Israelis that work for her at the moment. It's the first time that I hear Guy O talk (or more accurately - tries to talk) in Hebrew. It can be viewed here: http://www.mako.co.i...&pId=1482828872

Lighthouse Mike from the MTRIBE forum posted this today:

August 26 Update

Just got off the phone with the person whos bringing Madonna to Israel.

He said the Tel Aviv shows will be longer then her usual set of Sticky and Sweet - but he did not want to elaborate any further.

I did ask if she will play two new songs, and he said "all she asked is to keep her time table for the shows in the park longer then the original set list listed under, she told me she is planning something extra special for Israel and she is very nervous"

Madonna will travel through Israel as well and will stay there for a few days, she already booked a hotel in Zefat, in northern Israel.

She will stay at the HIlton Hotel, while in Tel Aviv and a long list of requests just arrived. All of her children will be with her, including Jesus.

does anyone care for the actual lis?

lol

---------------

super duper unconfirmed reports from the people whos bringing and working with Madonna in Israel are telling me shes planning to debut the stage version of her new single Celebration in Tel-Aviv, Israel this september.

The word is she may do both Revolver and the lead single or just one, i won't know for sure until a few days before, but something is going on as 3 people that work with this huge production of bringing Madonna to Tel Aviv, and following the massive list she just sent them finding it hard to keep their mouths shut....lol

I'm not too sure Madonna will do it, however, she did require a rehearsing hall somewhere in Israel, not too sure whats going on there.

I really dont know, but im posting it here, so you'd be the first to know - people in the know are saying that, and im talking about people who are in charge of her stage in Tel Aviv and personal time table there.

we'll see.