S&S - Tel Aviv, Israel - Sept. 1 & 2

Guest chatty kathy

Guest chatty kathy

***Update*** Sticky & Sweet Israel Date

Israeli newspaper Yediot Achronot is reporting today that if all goes well Madonna will perform in Israel on Tuesday 01 September (not in October as previously reported in the Israeli press) at Park Hayarkon in Tel-Aviv.

Source: http://www.mako.co.il/music-news/world

Guest Danny86

Madonnalicious updated their post of this item with "The newspaper have now changed the story at the above link saying it would be too expensive to bring Madonna to Israel!" and the member Bitch already reported in the itineary thread that it's probably not going to happen.

Guest chatty kathy
Madonnalicious updated their post of this item with "The newspaper have now changed the story at the above link saying it would be too expensive to bring Madonna to Israel!" and the member Bitch already reported in the itineary thread that it's probably not going to happen.

:thumbsup: Thank you for the heads up D86!

It's greatly appreciated.

Ehm, the article was saying the same thing yesterday. I don't think I am smarter than Madonnalicious but I still know how to use the google translator. The article as it is today is the same as it was yesterday.

Someone on another forum already pointed out yesterday that the newspaper was saying the opposite of what Madonnalicious summarized

Guest Danny86
Ehm, the article was saying the same thing yesterday. I don't think I am smarter than Madonnalicious but I still know how to use the google translator. The article as it is today is the same as it was yesterday.

Someone on another forum already pointed out yesterday that the newspaper was saying the opposite of what Madonnalicious summarized

Well yeah, as I said, in the itineary thread the member Bitch posted the exact same article as Mlicious like a day earlier. I guess it was just some fan misinforming Mlicious, same with the "changing article".

So anyway, does this mean there won't be "somewhere unbelievable" and the tour is ending in Bulgaria?

Guest harbors
***Update*** Sticky & Sweet Israel Date

Israeli newspaper Yediot Achronot is reporting today that if all goes well Madonna will perform in Israel on Tuesday 01 September (not in October as previously reported in the Israeli press) at Park Hayarkon in Tel-Aviv.

Source: http://www.mako.co.il/music-news/world

Fans there would kill to get a ticket.

Well yeah, as I said, in the itineary thread the member Bitch posted the exact same article as Mlicious like a day earlier. I guess it was just some fan misinforming Mlicious, same with the "changing article".

So anyway, does this mean there won't be "somewhere unbelievable" and the tour is ending in Bulgaria?

when she gets something wrong, madonnalicious usually deletes the news item.

and this gets me on the nerves already.

but to say the newspaper changed the article in the meanwhile is simply making fun of the fans.

there were comments to that article in that very same page yesterday saying that the info was the other way round...

anyway, as far as I know the crew's contracts have been shortened and won't last until the end of october as originally planned - and I know people who have connections who suddenly started buying tickets for sofia.

Guest Danny86

^Oh well, let MLicious be unprofessional - there are better sources for news anyway, as this forum proves it.

As for the rest, thanks for the info! Too bad because Madonna must have really wanted that Israel show. I bet she's still going there anyway, like in 2004, right?

^Oh well, let MLicious be unprofessional - there are better sources for news anyway, as this forum proves it.

As for the rest, thanks for the info! Too bad because Madonna must have really wanted that Israel show. I bet she's still going there anyway, like in 2004, right?

Professional or not, they still top *any* madonna related fansite and forum in the google ranks. Talk about reputation.

About Israel, as far as I know there's this "all luxury hotels fully booked" thing that was a bit misleading - as there's usually the kaballah centre convention in that period so that could be the reason

From what I understand on the actual article, anyway, the say it is very difficult to bring her to Israel. It's not a "yes" or "no" yet. Particularly it was not a yes yesterday and a no today :-P

The article didn't change. MLicious just translated it incorrectly initially.

This is what I wrote about the article in the "Sticky & Sweet 2009 Itinerary" thread:

"The Israel show is probably not gonna happen; organizers say that it's too expensive. She could come for a private visit for the holidays though. Predictable."

There's no point to this thread, as it's false.

The article didn't change. MLicious just translated it incorrectly initially.

This is what I wrote about the article in the "Sticky & Sweet 2009 Itinerary" thread:

"The Israel show is probably not gonna happen; organizers say that it's too expensive. She could come for a private visit for the holidays though. Predictable."

There's no point to this thread, as it's false.

Well after posting an incorrect news, then correcting saying something wrong (newspapers aren't gremlins who change overnight), the news at MLicious has now disappear.

I know that asking for a second update saying "sorry I fucked this up" is not something I should expect from the most popular Madonna fansite, but still, deleting errors and making like they never happened certainly helps building a reputation.

Guest Danny86

MadonnaTribe has heard from reliable sources that Madonna will indeed close this fourth leg of her Sticky And Sweet Tour in Israel.

Israeli fans will be happy to know the Queen Of Pop will perform again in their country on September 1st 2009. The location chosen is Hayarkon Park. Tickets are scheduled to go on sale on June 3rd 2009.

MadonnaTribe has heard from reliable sources that Madonna will indeed close this fourth leg of her Sticky And Sweet Tour in Israel.

Israeli fans will be happy to know the Queen Of Pop will perform again in their country on September 1st 2009. The location chosen is Hayarkon Park. Tickets are scheduled to go on sale on June 3rd 2009.

In 6 days and there is no announcement on Madonna.com? Weird.

Anyway, hope it happens.

Sorry but that date will be dangerous as hell

You can be sure that terrorists must already be preparing the bomb :scared:

Are you kidding? She performed in Wembley Stadium on September 11...

Tel Aviv is probably just as dangerous as New York City. It's not like she's doing a concert in Baghdad.

Besides, she has been in Israel plenty of times and no one has fired a missile at her yet.

Tel Aviv is probably just as dangerous as New York City. It's not like she's doing a concert in Baghdad.

Besides, she has been in Israel plenty of times and no one has fired a missile at her yet.

:lol: @ the missile comment.

Anyhow... I don't think Madonna would be the main target anyhow in a case of an attack, but the public unfortunately could be.

There are terrorists everywhere offcourse, Israel just happens to be neighbors with people willing to blow them up every now and then. More so often than in NYC or London or any other place.

I wouldn't worry too much though. Security will most probably be very high. Probably alot more than in most other places, so i'd be more afraid in those other places.

Gawd fucking Israel over Australia..Madonna has to be kidding

But Australia isn't the spiritual home of her messed up culty non-religion weirdness, now is it?

According to MadonnaTribe, there is going to be a press conference in Israel tomorrow (Monday) announcing the Sept. 1 Tel Aviv concert.

Guest Danny86

It's official!

Madonna to perform in Tel Aviv on Sept. 1

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid...icle%2FShowFull

Madonna will perform in Israel as part of her world "Sticky and Sweet" tour, it was officially announced on Monday.

The 'Queen of Pop' will give a single show on September 1 at Tel Aviv's Ganei Yehoshua to promote her latest album Hard Candy.

Tickets will go on sale on the Netvision Web site (www.013netvision.net.il) on June 3. Regular tickets will be priced at NIS 490, while tickets in two special VIP sections will be NIS 1,500-2,500.

A special stage will be built at the 66,000 capacity venue for Madonna and her 17 dancers, while British record producer and DJ Paul Oakenfold will be performing as a special guest.

The tour began in August 2008 in New Jersey and was meant to end in Bulgaria on August 28, 2009.

However, Madonna received an offer by promoter Shuki Weiss and Live Nation to extend her tour for a performance in Israel, her 86th and final leg of the tour.

It will mark Madonna's second performance in Israel following her 1993 show in Tel Aviv.

The entertainer's last trip to Israel came two years ago when she was hosted by the Kaballah Center along with then-husband Guy Ritchie.

"I'm very excited to return to Israel for my last show," said Madonna at a press conference Monday. "I know that it will be unforgettable."

No but dosen't she like Kangaroos?

Im sure if Madonna married an Australian she'd be down here in a heartbeart working on some farm with photos of herself with kangaroo's and koalas and putting on a horrendous Australian accent :wacko: