Tori Amos On Madonna - "''Two lionesses, different parts of the Serengeti''

Guest CUBB

In 1997, Tori said that Madonna was more social than a musician (saying Chrissie Hynde was someone we should be talking more about influencing), but that she could sing "Crazy For You" and smile. However, as we've seen, she's sung "Live to Tell" a couple times in concert, and then "Like a Prayer." She's said nice things about her at a few points.

In 1997, Tori said that Madonna was more social than a musician (saying Chrissie Hynde was someone we should be talking more about influencing), but that she could sing "Crazy For You" and smile. However, as we've seen, she's sung "Live to Tell" a couple times in concert, and then "Like a Prayer." She's said nice things about her at a few points.

Yes, she has. She was also singing along to "Frozen" in the 1998 RS cover story. And I have always found comments to be mostly complimentary, while making it clear that they come from different places.

I bet it was Lily Allen she seems really bitter

I was thinking the same because I'm sure she (Allen) mentioned this story on a radio show yonks ago if I recall. God knows where on when. Obviously her story was about the shoes but she didn't mention who. I remember something about the shoes. Now Tori tells the same story and mentions it was Madonna, not "the victim". Didn't think Allen was a fan or an arse licker... Strange.

Guest bluejean

If it were Lily Allen, I wonder if it was before or after she trashed Madonna publicly. It's either Madonna was rude because she trashed her, or she trashes her because Madonna was rude.

Either way they are both known to be rude bitches.

and P.S. if this girl singer who sold a lot of album was REALLY a fan, she should have shot back...BTYCH YOUVE BEEN WEARING THOSE STELLA BOOTS OUT FOR YEARS, SO LETS NOT TALK ABOUT SEASONS!!! :rotfl:

halloffame_photocall_ns8.jpg

:lmao:

Guest Drowned Bedtime

That whole interview is really good.

I always liked that Tori (my fave artist) respected Madonna so much. She covered Live To Tell and Like A Prayer a few years back.

It's all about context. Who really knows the accuracy of the story given that as somebody already pointed out, it's coming from Tori second hand? The shoes comment could have been made jokingly. Or maybe she really was just being a bitch.

Anyhooo, I think Tori's observations about Madonna are spot-on and very perceptive.

I like Tori's music. but to me she sounds absolutely deranged throughout this whole interview. Is she on drugs or losing her mind?

She does on about how governments are out to get her because she has to pay taxes on her earnings? Hello, Tori we all have to pay taxes and it doesn't mean there's a government conspiracy against us. Tori was seen here in DC buying some very expensive clothes so I hardly think she's broke from paying too many taxes.

I don't know what she said about Madonna is true or not, but I find it rather rude to spread second hand gossip. If Madonna herself had been rude to her, it would be fair enough to say that.

What I like about Madonna is she always makes total sense in what she says in interviews and seems in touch with reality and says things that are logical and reasonable. Tori may be telling the truth, but I find it hard to take what she says as credible as she sound so crazy during the rest of the interview.

I like Tori's music. but to me she sounds absolutely deranged throughout this whole interview. Is she on drugs or losing her mind?

She does on about how governments are out to get her because she has to pay taxes on her earnings? Hello, Tori we all have to pay taxes and it doesn't mean there's a government conspiracy against us. Tori was seen here in DC buying some very expensive clothes so I hardly think she's broke from paying too many taxes.

I don't know what she said about Madonna is true or not, but I find it rather rude to spread second hand gossip. If Madonna herself had been rude to her, it would be fair enough to say that.

What I like about Madonna is she always makes total sense in what she says in interviews and seems in touch with reality and says things that are logical and reasonable. Tori may be telling the truth, but I find it hard to take what she says as credible as she sound so crazy during the rest of the interview.

It's not just this interview! She talks like this all the time!

The bitchiness isn't pleasant and I personally don't like it. I can honestly say that if I met Madonna and told her I loved her, and she told me I was a loser I would tell her to get fucked!

I love how Torn tries to make herself something more than what she actually is by putting herself on the same level as Madonna in the animal kingdom.

FAT CHANCE YOU OVER-EARNEST PRETENTIOUS WHORE.

I was thinking the same because I'm sure she (Allen) mentioned this story on a radio show yonks ago if I recall. God knows where on when. Obviously her story was about the shoes but she didn't mention who. I remember something about the shoes. Now Tori tells the same story and mentions it was Madonna, not "the victim". Didn't think Allen was a fan or an arse licker... Strange.

That would explain why Lily feels the need to go on about how "last season" Madonna herself is whenever she has anyone who would hear her near.