Madonna @ MET Costume Institute Gala!

Guest Pud Whacker
All the a-listers that were there and Madonna manages to get all the press coverage/reaction.

:thumbsup:

Guest ursaminorjim

Wow. So her outfit was ugly and expensive!

She's truly the ultimate celebrity. :lmao:

Guest Pud Whacker

theres something nina hagen-esque about it. i think its the boots and the craziness. and just that very 80's thang of

just being out there.

I FREAKING LUV EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS!!

It's some kind of futuristic bunny thing... luv it! And her face! She looks just stunning.

PLEASE SOMEONE!!! FINALLY CHANGE THAT AWFUL WIKIPEDIA INTRO PAGE PIC TO SOMETHING FROM THIS!!! I HATE THAT GRANNY PIC THEY HAVE THERE...

I LUUUV THIS!

well ... :)

I noticed Jesus was with her at the afterparty, but not holding hands hes carrying her bag.

http://www.wwd.com/lifestyle-news/eye/cour...a35b8623f5#/wwd

Madonna, now the well-paid muse of Louis Vuitton, was working it nearby with a muse of her own, Jesus Luz. When Harvey Weinstein walked up, she introduced them. “Hi, Harvey, this is Jesus,” she said, pronouncing it gee-zus. “I didn’t pick the name.”

“But it is kind of a bonus,” said a guest nearby.

article-1177550-04D04D18000005DC-778_468

article-1177550-04CF7A96000005DC-281_233

15d2hdy.jpg

article-1177550-04CF7AA8000005DC-798_468

Madonna was on the front of all the UK papers today. and nobody else was :lmao: shes done it again. haha

which is the point, if someone else would have worn it it would have never gotten the attention it now gets. like someone else here said, marc jacobs must love her once again, in this case any publicity is good publicity. :thumbsup:

Guest chatty kathy
She prolly got it for free too hehe

Prolly?

Of course she did. She got it as part of the shoot I'm sure.

Glamour trio! It was a POWER table at Monday night's Met Costume gala when Madonna, Rihanna and Victoria Beckham shared a table. While NO ONE knows what they were talking about Madonna was DEEP in conversation with Rihanna for 45 minutes...

I'm torn about it. (Not that I'll lose any sleep about it, mind...)

Her outfit has some nice touches, in places, and her face looks beautiful. I'm surprised that she chose those boots with that length of skirt. From a couple angles it looks fab, but when she hikes up the skirt a bit in that one photo, it really accentuates the thickest part of her thighs (and her luminous white skin makes them look larger). Now PLEASE don't misunderstand me, I think Madonna looks more than healthy -- she is in NO way fat or anything close to it. I just know *she* is self-conscious about her thighs (see IGTTYAS for just one example). So it kinda perplexes me why she'd wear those two in combination -- especially in the back, where the boots split in a V at the top. That might be my least favorite touch. But I like the little pearl in the heel touch. Nice. And I like the ruffly black undergarment peaking out beneath the dress (which the runway model didn't wear, obviously).

Does anyone else think this character Madonna's playing could have fit in nicely as the rabbit in Gwen Stefani's "Alice in Wonderland"-inspired "What You Waiting For?" video? It's kinda like it's got a little Gwen style with the wide ribbon lace-up on the boots.

I kinda wish her bun had popped out. (HAHA! Another IGTTYAS ref.) It doesn't look proportional somehow. I mean, I know there's not a 'right' and 'wrong' way to do it. Just saying.

In some of the pics, she looks quite lovely, despite how outlandish the outfit is. I dislike that many publications will choose purposefully to use the less flattering shots, but oh well.

(Sidebar: I don't know much about Marc Jacobs, other than I knew his name as a fashion designer. But when I saw the little making of featurette from the last LV campaign, I did kinda find him charming. I liked him for some reason... He and M seemed to have a nice dynamic -- fun and funny, but kind and respectful, too. When she said, "Well done!" and he said "Well done YOU!" back -- it was just cute. Maybe I'm too naive and it's just industry kissing up, but I liked them together -- and since it was my first time seeing/hearing him, i came away liking him.)

Glamour trio! It was a POWER table at Monday night's Met Costume gala when Madonna, Rihanna and Victoria Beckham shared a table. While NO ONE knows what they were talking about Madonna was DEEP in conversation with Rihanna for 45 minutes...

:nocomment:

Guest jamesshot

^^^ Peter, yes I hate when they use the worst photo of her. Maybe I am biased but they seem to mainly do this to Madonna. This is an event where you would want to publish the best shot of her. It's not like she was at the supermarket and they snapped her buying blueberries with no make up. This was a fashion event yet most of the published photos were the least flattering.

I noticed Jesus was with her at the afterparty, but not holding hands hes carrying her bag.

http://www.wwd.com/lifestyle-news/eye/cour...a35b8623f5#/wwd

Madonna, now the well-paid muse of Louis Vuitton, was working it nearby with a muse of her own, Jesus Luz. When Harvey Weinstein walked up, she introduced them. “Hi, Harvey, this is Jesus,” she said, pronouncing it gee-zus. “I didn’t pick the name.”

“But it is kind of a bonus,” said a guest nearby.

FABOLOUS! :queenbitch:

According to the NY Daily News, Gatecrasher, Madonna spent her evening seductively dancing with at least five men — including Kanye — all while glaring at fellow A-Rod ex Bethenny Frankel.

madonna-meet-jesus-at-met_anatomika05.jp

and Kate moss is just next to Madonna aswell. Kate Moss is fucking hot but she looked like mutton that night.

Edited by grandnational