Madonna @ MET Costume Institute Gala!

A BZ spy overheard Rihanna seeking advice from Madonna on dealing with fame.The young R&B star asked the older superstar when ''things might die down'' after the firestorm of paparazzi and tabloid frenzy she's experienced in wake of her alleged beating at the hands of Chris Brown.

''Never,'' said Madonna without missing a beat. ''Unless you decide to give up you career and retire to a remote island someplace. ... Once you're in their sights, you're stuck with the [plural expletive].''

Guest br1t1shbo1
I wonder who the second guy from the left that you can only see half of his face. He looks HOT.

That's marc jacob's i'm not too keen on him

well Im so so so tired of the usual glammed up classic long gown crap. Its a breath of fresh air to see something diffrent no matter how outrageous looking it is. I for one thinks the whole ensemble is fierce. I think this is just the start of a trend in which will catch fire later. madge had been known to be a trailblazer in fashion, Sooner or later everybody will be wearing what she wore , If not the whole thing, a modified version of it. And for crying out loud Just proves how hot a commodity Madge is, She's on the freakin headline of every other publication for wearing that dress and boots and the Bunny Ears.... I'd just have to say GO GIRL

BTW Jesus is soooo freakin HOTTTTTTTT....

2009_0505_platzer_met_Jesus%20Luz.jpg

Guest waiting
well Im so so so tired of the usual glammed up classic long gown crap. Its a breath of fresh air to see something diffrent no matter how outrageous looking it is. I for one thinks the whole ensemble is fierce. I think this is just the start of a trend in which will catch fire later. madge had been known to be a trailblazer in fashion, Sooner or later everybody will be wearing what she wore , If not the whole thing, a modified version of it. And for crying out loud Just proves how hot a commodity Madge is, She's on the freakin headline of every other publication for wearing that dress and boots and the Bunny Ears.... I'd just have to say GO GIRL

BTW Jesus is soooo freakin HOTTTTTTTT....

2009_0505_platzer_met_Jesus%20Luz.jpg

He is not attractive.

Guest ursaminorjim

I don't know. I think he may very well grow up to be an absolutely lovely young woman.

On Extra last night, they talked about the cost of M's outfit. Then cut to Victoria Beckam who was promoting something the following day and asked about Madonna's outfit. And she said: "It's a fashion event. She's Madonna, she's an icon. I'm completely in awe of her." Well said, Posh.

Guest harbors
On Extra last night, they talked about the cost of M's outfit. Then cut to Victoria Beckam who was promoting something the following day and asked about Madonna's outfit. And she said: "It's a fashion event. She's Madonna, she's an icon. I'm completely in awe of her." Well said, Posh.

:thumbsup:

Guest ursaminorjim

(that's given me hours of joy, by the way)

Okay, I think I've figured out what I find so infuriating about that outfit.

It's actually close to being lovely.

If only the skirt weren't pinned up into a mini poof skirt. If only she weren't wearing those fingerless (oy) sequinned (eesh!) lambskin (NONONONONO!) gloves. If only she left the diamond-studded bangle at home. If only the bodice were just a hair less 70s tuxedo shirt-styled.

And if only she weren't wearing those absolutely hideous and utterly preposterous thigh-high boots.

I'd even accept the contrasting rabbit ears as some cutesy nod to the television industry's mandatory switch to digital input, or perhaps a tribute to Hugh Hefner's time spent in the court of Versailles.

But no. Instead we get the world's oldest toddler after playing in her parent's closet. All for the bargain price of nine grand.

Guest Pud Whacker

If only the skirt weren't pinned up into a mini poof skirt. If only she weren't wearing those fingerless (oy) sequinned (eesh!) lambskin (NONONONONO!) gloves. If only she left the diamond-studded bangle at home. If only the bodice were just a hair less 70s tuxedo shirt-styled.

And if only she weren't wearing those absolutely hideous and utterly preposterous thigh-high boots.

I'd even accept the contrasting rabbit ears as some cutesy nod to the television industry's mandatory switch to digital input, or perhaps a tribute to Hugh Hefner's time spent in the court of Versailles.

But no. Instead we get the world's oldest toddler after playing in her parent's closet. All for the bargain price of nine grand.

never forget it, little star.

and, i hope youre serious when you say that picture has given you hours of joy!!! :thumbsup:

I really doubt it was meant to be taken so seriously. She looked hilarious and totally over the top, perfect for such an event and as a result she got all the headlines which was no doubt her intention.

Guest ursaminorjim

So looking intentionally laughable to garner press is considered cool now?

No wonder Lady Gaga's so popular.

Guest harbors
Pull the stick out of your arse and NEVER compare their actions AGAIN.

How did you ever even get into Madonna? This is who she is...daring. To be honest, I would hardly call the ensemble perfect, but then I'd hardly consider it Avante Garde. Some people are acting as thought she came in a metal jumpsuit with Dodo feather detailing crafted on the ass of virgins by Martians. Seriously its just some creative expression and having a nice dinner. I'm sure she wants some attention, because after all the attention is what makes her worthy of being the brand supporter of LV. That attention allows their clothes to be seen AGAIN and AGAIN in syndication (including other pieces from the collection). Why are you so hung up on it though? Its not too in detail, Madonna isn't hanging a lot of meaning on it I'm sure...so why are you?

:thumbsup::clap:

Guest ursaminorjim
Pull the stick out of your arse and NEVER compare their actions AGAIN.

How did you ever even get into Madonna? This is who she is...daring. To be honest, I would hardly call the ensemble perfect, but then I'd hardly consider it Avante Garde. Some people are acting as thought she came in a metal jumpsuit with Dodo feather detailing crafted on the ass of virgins by Martians. Seriously its just some creative expression and having a nice dinner. I'm sure she wants some attention, because after all the attention is what makes her worthy of being the brand supporter of LV. That attention allows their clothes to be seen AGAIN and AGAIN in syndication (including other pieces from the collection). Why are you so hung up on it though? Its not too in detail, Madonna isn't hanging a lot of meaning on it I'm sure...so why are you?

Shut it, fatty! And spare me your armchair psychology. I'm allowed to poke fun at her if I want.

Guest harbors
Oh, and harbors? Why did George Weber deserve to be stabbed to death?

Why are you so curious? It's none of your business ! fucking nosey!

are you pissed at madonna because she at least can tie a bow in her hair?

Guest ursaminorjim
Why are you so curious? It's none of your business ! fucking nosey!

Well, if you're gonna make a statment like that in a public forum, don't be so shocked if someone asks you why.

And who says I'm "pissed" at Madonna? All I said was that she looked ridiculous when she could've looked good. Jesus!

Guest ditaluver

madonna looks fabulous!

Id get rid of those boots, but whatever! i like seeing her wear funky clothes!

Well, if you're gonna make a statment like that in a public forum, don't be so shocked if someone asks you why.

And who says I'm "pissed" at Madonna? All I said was that she looked ridiculous when she could've looked good. Jesus!

For this event, which was a fashion event, I'd rather she looked ridiculous and fun than good and BOOOORING. And that's how everyone else looked at that party. BOOOOOOORING. :snore::snore::snore: