Madonna @ MET Costume Institute Gala!

Madonna wasn't on X imo. She wouldn't like not to be in control. As to her outfit/look, at first I was horrified. It's like she's THE queen, the biggest personality in the ENTIRE event. She could've just dressed herself in a very regal gown and make everyone her "subjects". Why on earth would she want to look like the court jester? .. Then I realized that she's MADONNA. She can do whatever she wants and get away with it. That's why she's still so relevant, she's not afraid to confound anybody's expectations of her. In the process, the whole Met gala wasn't about the models but about her... And at least, thankfully, she's not wearing black! ...

I'm loving it that the wild, funky, rebellious and fun Madonna is resurfacing more and more! :thumbsup:

i like the look

dont know if this was mentioned or not

but when i first saw the headband, it remind me of this:

1726099717_5fa2db205b.jpg

YES!!! Totally Agree!

I said the Same thing!

^YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Shes Giving ME Frank the Bunny from "Donnie Darko"

I Love Love LOVE IT!!!

:dramatic:

dinner.jpg

Nice pic!..

I feel sorry for Jesus a lil bit. He's become "famous" now and gets assignments he never had access to before, but he'd be forever known as a boy toy. Almost an exotica curio. It would be very difficult (it not impossible) for him to get out of the Madonna shadow. And that's not good for him, long term... Well, at least he's living it up for now, so maybe it's foolish to be sorry for him lol.

Nice pic!..

I feel sorry for Jesus a lil bit. He's become "famous" now and gets assignments he never had access to before, but he'd be forever known as a boy toy. Almost an exotica curio. It would be very difficult (it not impossible) for him to get out of the Madonna shadow. And that's not good for him, long term... Well, at least he's living it up for now, so maybe it's foolish to be sorry for him lol.

But what could he be known as, if it wasn't for Madonna? He is not a musician or actor, at the very best he would be a middle of the pack model.

Well, the only risk about it any more is how weak it's gonna be. :lol:

And hardly anyone does it? Pish. It's just as popular as it ever was.

I agree its just as popular but fucking shit and incredibly cheap these days.

Guest heartmadonna.

I thought she looked great at this event!! whatever anyone says i think she pulled it off. its madonna cmon.

Guest ursaminorjim
I never quite understood why you Americans called it X. So grammatically incorrect! It's E! And aren't people doing MDMA now?

Ummm...MDMA is ecstacy, funkydita. ;)

As for it being called X over here, that goes back to when it first was making the rounds as a party drug. Bars in Dallas would sell it as XTC.

Ummm...MDMA is ecstacy, funkydita. ;)

Yeah, I know it's meant to be but a tab of E is often adultarated and cut to such an extent that it's full of everything bar MDMA. Taking a pill is quite demode ;) in the UK and people are mostly taking pure MDMA crystals / powder; that's what I meant.

I can't quite imagine her taking E at such an event but who knows? Didn't someone here claim that she'd taken a line of coke right before going on stage for Live Earth? And then there was this blind item from the NY Post in 2007 "Which leotard-loving pop icon won't be performing in Tokyo any time soon? Our tipster said she's been banned from entering Japan "because she got caught with drugs" there . . ."?

dinner.jpg

they look SOOOOOO like a COUPLE in this pic....i mean, come on.

AND BE HONEST FOR A MOMENT, that thing on her head looks ridiculous. :dramatic:

( yeah i know, 'get over it'. ........im almost there.)