Madonna to debut new song on the X Factor?

markm

posted on M Tribe

The story below has not been confirmed by either ITV, Simon Cowell's production company Syco TV or Madonna. Please take it with a huge grain of Sault until I get more concrete information, I thought it sounded interesting enough to post anyway

The ITV Network and Simon Cowell are determent to get both Madonna and Michael Jackson to take part in the upcoming 6th season of the mega hit talent competition The X Factor, MADONNAdownload has learned.

Both the network and the music mogul are already in talks with Jackson's camp, and about to start a massive campaign to convince the queen of pop to perform her new single on the show this November.

A person within ITV, who asked not to be identified because of the sensitivity of the situation, told Madonnadownload the network is cutting back on other show's budgets and the salary of The show's judges in favor of creating a huge X Factor season, and are willing to offer an attractive package to Madonna's management, which includes a very high bid to air her "Sticky and Sweet" tour, 2008's #1 grossing live show, on Christmas Day.

Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion and Kylie Minogue are among the big names already to perform on the show in years past. If all goes as planned, Madonna will debut a new song and perform it live on the show, synced with the release of her greatest hits album.

The singer's team is currently working on her press tour for the fall, said to be the biggest one she's ever done.

The X Factor will return to ITV in August.

The story above has not been confirmed by either ITV, Simon Cowell's production company Syco TV or Madonna. Please take it with a huge grain of Sault until I get more concrete information, I thought it sounded interesting enough to post anyway.

Sounds like bullshit. Madonna would never perform for Simon Cowell of all people. Remember what he said about her and Mariah careers being over in 2003 counting them out. WELL HE WAS DEAD WRONG! They both had comebacks! I don't see why people think hes a marketing genius.

Shes never performed for these types of shows(plus they never sing her songs). Why would she start now?

Edited by GoodbyeToInnocence72

To be fair if this DID happen, it would be NOTHING but FABULOUS promo for the UK Market

Agree. Like it or not the X Factor is one of the biggest shows in the UK. Most acts that perform on there see a surge in sales the next week.

I think Madonna's people realise there is a bit of a backlash in the UK at the moment so an X Factor performance could be damage control.

I wonder if the reason the X Factor has never had a Madonna night is because the producers having been waiting until she performs live on the show?

I doubt she would, but would be the best promo in the UK she could do, imagine if she did the last show, 13 ish million viewers? The song would sell loads! x

it would make sense to do it on that show

and i wouldnt be surprised if she mentors the contestant either..

she did once for Missy Elliots talent programme in the states i recall

any excuse for her to to dictate that "you are not the owner of your talent, but the manager..."

Guest imalq
Sounds like bullshit. Madonna would never perform for Simon Cowell of all people. Remember what he said about her and Mariah careers being over in 2003 counting them out. WELL HE WAS DEAD WRONG! They both had comebacks! I don't see why people think hes a marketing genius.

Shes never performed for these types of shows(plus they never sing her songs). Why would she start now?

well actually she did do Frances Star Academy so i wouldnt be surprised if this is true

I would love her to do X Factor. As rightly pointed out - it was be fantastic promo for her with each of the contestants singing/butchering (however you want to see it) some classics from her extensive back catalogue. I reckon she would do it if asked simply because Britney got a lot of publicity from appearing last year. Hope this comes true!

She would have to put in some really hard work on her voice, or this could be an utter disaster.

Very true. But I think she could pull it off VERY successfully if she puts in the extra work on vocals.

So how is this any different than appearing on American Idol? Both American Idol and X-Factor are the same format... a talent contest. I ask people because there have been many who object to that and claim she was above it??

And are some assuming she's performing FOR the judges or she's just a musical guest? I just read some of the replies and some replied as if she's performing FOR the judges when all she would be is the musical guest.

Will she do it or is this another silly rumor? I suspect the people behind X-Factor are trying to get her and Michael Jackson. The question is... "will she do it?"

I don't object to her doing it, but she should certainly do American Idol. She needs more promotion in the states to sell her music than anywhere else.

Honestly I think shows like american idol and x factor are cheap and i dont want that she lowers herself to such commercial bullshit.

:lmao: Bitch please.

It could tie in with ther GH promo very well, have the contestants do some of her classics, and then her do her new song..

YAY

Prob wont happen tho..imagine her as a mentor..>"SIMON YOU MOTHER, FUCKER...and JOHN DRAPER.."

It could tie in with ther GH promo very well, have the contestants do some of her classics, and then her do her new song..

YAY

Prob wont happen tho..imagine her as a mentor..>"SIMON YOU MOTHER, FUCKER...and JOHN DRAPER.."

The more I think about it the more I can see her doing the X Factor. What better way to promote her GH than Madonna night?

She'll get massive media coverage.

I wonder if she wouldn't go on the show before because of that awful mouthy cow Sharon Osbourne?

It wouldn't surprise me if she did do it. She did TV promos for COADF and the National Lottery for Frozen and it paid off but she didn't for HC and I think it really suffered not reaching the general public. If Beyonce, Britney and Mariah can do it, M shouldn't think she is above it. It would be great publicity and a quick win.

Yes, it might be cheesy but music entertainment is so segmented these are the few shows where you can reach people who wouldn't go out and search for her stuff by themselves.

Guest JoshM

I can see this rumor being true, except for the "she's about to go on the biggest press tour she's ever done" piece.

I don't see her doing much promo for a greatest hits set, especially when it's the last album for Warner's.

I think she'd be much more likely to go on a huge press tour for her first album with Live Nation, to prove she's worth all that cash they paid her.

Guest jammycab

Unless shes gunna sing live and well she shouldnt do it. Remember the backlash Britney had from her performance!

It would be awesome promo for the GH though! And a Madonna themed night would be good for her back catalogue sales!

i dont think britney got anything positive from the x-factor appearance. she mimed and got slated for it. womaniser ddi climb the chart but the album only did average. the album sales ande chart positions could have been achieved by womaniser alone.

beyonce on the other hand got a real boost from it. did she appear on the finals? so many of her song climbed. did nt she had 2 in the top 10 and a 3rd in the top 30? the album was looking a flop but then climbed about 15 places to the top 10 where it stayed for a while.

I would love her to do X Factor. As rightly pointed out - it was be fantastic promo for her with each of the contestants singing/butchering (however you want to see it) some classics from her extensive back catalogue. I reckon she would do it if asked simply because Britney got a lot of publicity from appearing last year. Hope this comes true!

Dont forget though, that the Lottery show was a blank canvas. But X factor has a music pretext which is quite disturbing and distracting. While I don't think it is impossible, I don't think it's likely. I mean Madonna is so obviously adamantly against these talent scouring shows.

Has she said so? I'm sure if she could get some great publicity and sales she would do it like a shot. But yes, I would be concerned about the live singing - if it were a dance track, then her vocals are notoriously weak and it would be bad to appear and sing flat when there are technically better singers auditioning. But miming would be even worse!

I wonder if that is why she hasn't done it before?