Madonna to debut new song on the X Factor?

markm

If she did a GH song she should do the S&S version of LIKE A PRAYER or VOGUE so the audience will get a classic

COnestant wise , its tricky if they sang some of her songs cos many dont translate well to other singers, maybe ballads would work better, or something lke Express Yourself

KNowing Simon Cowell he'd have them doing AMerican Pie and Fever

Madonna enjoys high record sales more than anything else.

I was amazed when she did Frozen on the Lottery show - but astute Madonna realised that it was one of the UK's most watched shows so the mass public got to hear Frozen whether they wanted to or not, and it went to number one the next week.

Although it would pain her to do so I am sure she would do X-Factor if it raised her chances on scoring big with a new single/album.

Dont forget though, that the Lottery show was a blank canvas. But X factor has a music pretext which is quite disturbing and distracting. While I don't think it is impossible, I don't think it's likely. I mean Madonna is so obviously adamantly against these talent scouring shows.

um, she performed on Star Academy in France and appeared on Missy Elliott's casting show ...

I dont think Cowell hates Madonna, at the very least he respects her, as he should do

He knows having Madge on the show would be good for him too, as, as much as a backlash of sorts as there is in the UK, it would be the first time in EONS that Madge has performed and been on a prime time show

:D

Friday Night Project could be amusing, plus it would give people a chance to see she is not the uptight bitch people think she is and she does comedy quite well sometimes...

I know Graham Norton would CREAM himself to have her on the show, that could be a giggle, and although its on a late time slot, it does well for promo

Guest SoUnusual

Friday Night Project could be amusing, plus it would give people a chance to see she is not the uptight bitch people think she is and she does comedy quite well sometimes...

I know Graham Norton would CREAM himself to have her on the show, that could be a giggle, and although its on a late time slot, it does well for promo

Friday Night Project is better, I love both but Friday night project... :dramatic:

She shouldn't bother with Norton. He is WELL past is sell by date. His show is pulling in LESS than a million viewers. It was beaten last week by E4's the Inbetweeners.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

posted on Tribe by Lighthouse Mike

I understand, as part of their campaign to convince Madonna to go on the show they will send her a dvd of Britney's episode, to show how well they treat mega stars, and they will pull all the stops iF she'll grace them with a performance.

posted on Tribe by Lighthouse Mike

I understand, as part of their campaign to convince Madonna to go on the show they will send her a dvd of Britney's episode, to show how well they treat mega stars, and they will pull all the stops iF she'll grace them with a performance.

*Guy Oseary arrives with video tape*

"Hi Madge, i got this tape fom Simon Cowell, its to get you on the X Factor, its basicaly the UK version of American Idol except they dont let fat people on..anyway, here is a tape of Britney on last year to convince you..>"

*both watch tape*

Madonna: "OKAAAY, so basically i just turn up, lock myself away all day then go on stage and mime badly while marching around looking like im chasing after an invisible burger.....LETS DO IT"

She shouldn´t do it. First of all, these kind of shows have never appreciated what she has done. Always looking for the best singers. They are not able to recognize a real entertainer when they have one before their eyes. But what do you expect of people that greatest achievement is to be in this jury. I personally think the judges are not even qualified enough to be in the position they´re in. Secondly, these shows are a dying format (which is positive from my perspective). The ratings may still be high but they hardly produce real stars or successful musicians. There are a few exceptions, but those are from the first two seasons. Everyone that came afterwords had a number one song and even album, which doesn´t mean a thing considering the situation the music industry is in. All the stuff they released later failed miserably. Those shows are no longer meant to produce an Americal Idol or whatever. Those shows are cashing in by the fact that there are still millions watching which grants a lot of money from advertisers. And the record company that the "winner" gets a record deal with, is releasing the winners song and album on the strength of the commercial presentation this show actually is.

Dont forget though, that the Lottery show was a blank canvas. But X factor has a music pretext which is quite disturbing and distracting. While I don't think it is impossible, I don't think it's likely. I mean Madonna is so obviously adamantly against these talent scouring shows.

Yeah but it's amazing what a series of flops will make her do.

Madonna enjoys high record sales more than anything else.

I was amazed when she did Frozen on the Lottery show - but astute Madonna realised that it was one of the UK's most watched shows so the mass public got to hear Frozen whether they wanted to or not, and it went to number one the next week.

Although it would pain her to do so I am sure she would do X-Factor if it raised her chances on scoring big with a new single/album.

AGREED - her manager was asked in an interview, why the new 'spiritual Madonna' was performing on the National Lottery Show and she said it was because they wanted (I would say needed) a number 1. :chuckle:

At least she didn't push that fucking button.

To be honest I don't think it would pain her to do X Factor - she's a business woman above all else and, as up her own arse she gets when the going's good, she succumbs to what's necessary when she has to. It would be UTTER RIDICULOUSNESS for her to be fronting a GH campaign and not to do a show with huge ratings.

lack of major music related shows UK these days

rather her do this than sucumb to the dross of O'Grady or Loooose Women!!!

Loose Women are cunts but I seriously believe an O'Grady interview would be SUPERB - I don't mean her do his show, but something along the lines of the Wogan interview from 91 would be great. I'd hate her to do Wossy again or Graham Cunton so who else is there.

Guest Hmm...
if she was willing to do the National Lottery show back in 1998 to plug Frozen then I don't see why this is so difficult to believe.

I agree...

I'd rather she done effective promo with this album in order for it to be the huge seller it deserves to be. X Factor may seem tacky to some but the industry has changed as has Madonnas status. These mini album promo tours she has been doing of late are ineffective imo

As this is a greatest hits her marketing and promo should be aimed at casual buyers and the X Factor at that time of year is a perfect outlet.

Probably all crap though, she'll do a magazine interview, set up a telelphone line where fans can tell her 'their favourite Madonna hit' and a one off 'thank you to the fans' video message on youtube lol

Probably all crap though, she'll do a magazine interview, set up a telelphone line where fans can tell her 'their favourite Madonna hit' and a one off 'thank you to the fans' video message on youtube lol

:lmao::lmao::lmao: