Madonna's Malawian Adoption: Appeal to The Supreme Court

Bitch

Why does nt she adopt some poor orphan from the States? In a judges mind do you think Madonna would be considered fit enough to adopt after she is vetted even in the Western World?

What made her choose Mercy out of all the other kids? I personally could not choose to save 1 child alone knowing all the rest were in the same situation.

One has 24 hours in a day - in that she would have to sleep,look after 3 other kids, take time out for her career and work related commitments, jet around the world, exercise in the gym - is it really 3 hours a day?, hair and beauty treatments, attend/do Kabalah stuff - she is one busy lady and I dont see how she could manage one more child.

Children need a lot of time and devotion - not even your average 9-5 working parent spends enough time with their child. I think the government should discourage long working hours fir parents - in fact make it illegal. If people want kids they need to want to take the time out to spend with them.

you must be the 100I93I32211 person that has mentioned that, and we keep repeating the same thing.

Thats what a court case should be about - letting all sides of the story be known. One cant just waltz into a country and expect your name, fame and money to do all the talking. Theres a lot of people on this forum assume that the child would be better off because she is richer.

Money can buy everything but it cant buy love.

you must be the 100I93I32211 person that has mentioned that, and we keep repeating the same thing.

Guest jamesshot
Thats what a court case should be about - letting all sides of the story be known. One cant just waltz into a country and expect your name, fame and money to do all the talking. Theres a lot of people on this forum assume that the child would be better off because she is richer.

Money can buy everything but it cant buy love.

Ummm I can safely say Mercy would be better off in Madonna's home than an orphanage in Malawi. That is as close to a safe assumption as there is. Are you being for real?

Orphanages are unhappy places generally. Orphanages in MALAWI are as dire as you can get.

There is no home guarranteed to be wonderful and serene. I don't care if Mercy would be with a nanny 24/7. Much better than where she is now that's for damn sure.

Why does nt she adopt some poor orphan from the States?
The adoption process in the US is far complicated. The court system here is always in favor of birth parents and blood relatives. The adopted parents could lose the child to birth parents or blood relatives if they chose to demand the child back, even years after the adoption is finalized. It's heart breaking for adopted parents who'd invested years of love and finance, when the court system can simply snatch the child away from them. In a sense, you're not really adopting the child. You're simply leasing the child. That's why lotsa people avoid adopting in the US and chose foreign adoptions. The legal system for adoption here is fucked up.

Life sucks - its a hard choice to make. Orphanages are not fun places to grow up in thats for sure. However, whatsthe point in adopting when you may never have time to see your kids?

Ummm I can safely say Mercy would be better off in Madonna's home than an orphanage in Malawi. That is as close to a safe assumption as there is. Are you being for real?

Orphanages are unhappy places generally. Orphanages in MALAWI are as dire as you can get.

There is no home guarranteed to be wonderful and serene. I don't care if Mercy would be with a nanny 24/7. Much better than where she is now that's for damn sure.

I believe that should be the way too. A childs blood parent, their blood family should always come first PROVIDING they are sane and generally good people ie no major criminal records. If a parent cant support a child for temporary period then they should state they may want their child back. The child should have knowledge and some form of contact with blood family - one of the articles states that David's father has not seen him for 2 years.

I think if the child is a foreign one then the adopters should encourage that child to learn about their background, family, language.

The adoption process in the US is far complicated. The court system here is always in favor of birth parents and blood relatives. The adopted parents could lose the child to birth parents or blood relatives if they chose to demand the child back, even years after the adoption is finalized. It's heart breaking for adopted parents who'd invested years of love and finance, when the court system can simply snatch the child away from them. That's why lotsa people avoid adopting in the US and chose foreign adoptions. The legal system for adoption here is fucked up.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
I don't recall Angelina living in the countries she adopted her children from. Shouldn't she have FULLY IMMERSED herself in that culture before taking little Maddox home?

Oh she did with Maddox, she had a house in Cambodia with no running water or toilet or anything. They went back and forth from there for nearly 2 years, she still has a home there. She completely embraced his culture.

I'm not sure what she did with the other kids because she's spoken a little less about the homelands of those kids in relation to how she is raising them now. But since she travels so much to these places and encourages each of the individual kids cultures at home, i'd say she probably has some sort of home base in each place for them too.

Not that i'm saying "Madonna should do this", i think every adoptive parent should be free to raise their child how they please as long as it's a caring and safe environment. But yeah :barett:

Who gives a shit about that fuckhead Angelina anyway? Ugh.

What has happened today with Madonna is an absolute travesty. The fact that 'the powers that be' prefer that this beautiful little girl is 'better off' in an orphanage than to be cared for by Madonna is just sickening.

I believe that should be the way too. A childs blood parent, their blood family should always come first PROVIDING they are sane and generally good people ie no major criminal records. If a parent cant support a child for temporary period then they should state they may want their child back. The child should have knowledge and some form of contact with blood family - one of the articles states that David's father has not seen him for 2 years.

I think if the child is a foreign one then the adopters should encourage that child to learn about their background, family, language.

You know your statement is fucking insane.

So it's OK for birth parents and blood relatives to lease out their children just cuz they can't afford to take care of their kids at that moment. When they want, they can demand their children back. Screw the adopted parents. Fuck the time, love, emotions and money they spend taking the children into their loving homes. Let just use those gullible people who only wants to shower love and better living conditions for the children.

Not only that, it's traumatic for the children: moving from home to another home, then back to another home. They're treated like properties.

Your kind of insane thinking is the exact reason why people shy away from adopting in the US and look for foreign adoptions.

Not saying that the adopted children should be forbidden from having contacts with their birth parents and blood relatives. But they shouldn't be given back to the people who abandoned them.

Who's to say that by adopting Mercy, Madonna is gonna rob her of her family, background, family, language? David was able to reconnect with his father in his homeland.

Think before you speak dude.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
Who gives a shit about that fuckhead Angelina anyway? Ugh.

What has happened today with Madonna is an absolute travesty. The fact that 'the powers that be' prefer that this beautiful little girl is 'better off' in an orphanage than to be cared for by Madonna is just sickening.

Oh calm down, i was answering a fucking question.

I know, I know. I just hate that bitch Angelina and the fact that she is always compared with Madonna and yet she comes off in a better light in the bloody media even though she's a fucked up self-mutilating slut with a heroin past. Oh, but that's OK because she never did a Sex book after all. :manson:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

:manson:

Angelina has been working with the UN close to a decade now, she's INCREDIBLY involved with her work, everyone knows it, everyone see's it. Naturally she's going to get a free pass when compared to Madonna who's known more for her media whoring ways than her charity work. It's just the way the cookie crumbles.

So now they're even saying that Guy got money to say nice things about Madonna! LIKE COME ON! (and as if he didnt get any cash from the divorce settlement)...

http://www.theinsider.com/news/1955336_Guy...s_About_Madonna

Guy Ritchie Paid To Say Nice Things About Madonna?

By Roberta | April 3, 2009

Just curious, because of the fact that Madonna and Guy Ritchie’s multi-million dollar divorce wasn’t exactly the epitome of amicable.

Madonna’s plans to adopt three-year-old Mercy James went south, but she plans on appealing. And as if it would matter, Guy has offered up his opinion of Madge as a mother.

In a statement, Ritchie says: “Madonna is a fantastic and loving mother who cares deeply about her own children, and children who may need additional help and support. I fully supported Madonna in her decision to apply for this adoption, and I am saddened that her application has been rejected.”

Adding, “She is motivated only by being a caring parent who seeks to share some of the advantages and opportunities that her life has given her. This time it did not work out, but there will be other opportunities and I wish her well in them. She is a great mum.”

Those are a lot of kind words to say about your ex, don’t you think? I wouldn’t put it past Madonna to have given him a statement to release along with a nice little bundle. Do you?

So now they're even saying that Guy got money to say nice things about Madonna! LIKE COME ON! (and as if he didnt get any cash from the divorce settlement)...

http://www.theinsider.com/news/1955336_Guy...s_About_Madonna

Guy Ritchie Paid To Say Nice Things About Madonna?

By Roberta | April 3, 2009

Just curious, because of the fact that Madonna and Guy Ritchie’s multi-million dollar divorce wasn’t exactly the epitome of amicable.

Madonna’s plans to adopt three-year-old Mercy James went south, but she plans on appealing. And as if it would matter, Guy has offered up his opinion of Madge as a mother.

In a statement, Ritchie says: “Madonna is a fantastic and loving mother who cares deeply about her own children, and children who may need additional help and support. I fully supported Madonna in her decision to apply for this adoption, and I am saddened that her application has been rejected.”

Adding, “She is motivated only by being a caring parent who seeks to share some of the advantages and opportunities that her life has given her. This time it did not work out, but there will be other opportunities and I wish her well in them. She is a great mum.”

Those are a lot of kind words to say about your ex, don’t you think? I wouldn’t put it past Madonna to have given him a statement to release along with a nice little bundle. Do you?

A very stupid article. Most people would say nice things about their ex when their ex is in a crisis or something negative happens in their life, and they aren't paid. You may have fights with your partner when you are together, but most normal people wish their ex's the best and are supportive when something bad happens. Just because you are together doesn't mean you stop caring about the other person.

:manson:

Angelina has been working with the UN close to a decade now, she's INCREDIBLY involved with her work, everyone knows it, everyone see's it. Naturally she's going to get a free pass when compared to Madonna who's known more for her media whoring ways than her charity work. It's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Madonna is just as involved with Raising Malawi as anything she's done.

The point is, no one should be getting a "free pass" - or at least that's what the media and this judge want us to believe. So if Madonna is a middle-aged baby-buying woman, then so is Angelina - end of story. It shouldn't make a difference that she's made some UN work. Madonna has been involved with HIV/AIDS since the '80s when it was still taboo, let's not forget that.

I'd like to see Angelina try to adopt if she gets divorced from Brad. I'm sure the media won't give two shits about her "incredible involvement" with the UN then. That is how the cookie crumbles.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Oh i'm sure she is. I'm just not sure if the media takes it as seriously as they probably should because it's "Madonna".

The point is, no one should be getting a "free pass" - or at least that's what the media and this judge want us to believe. So if Madonna is a middle-aged baby-buying woman, then so is Angelina - end of story. It shouldn't make a difference that she's made some UN work. Madonna has been involved with HIV/AIDS since the '80s when it was still taboo, let's not forget that.

Of course it shouldn't make a difference, this isn't MY view on it, i'm just relaying how a lot of jerks see it. Madonna has built her whole career/life around being an attention whore, so naturally when she jumps at the opportunity to do something that becomes high profile [like getting David], the media are just going to label it more fuckery from her end.

I remember back when she gave BIRTH to Lola, i read something in the newspaper about how she "had a baby for attention because of poor album sales" or something. It was ridiculous, but that seems to be how it always is for her because of how she has been as a celebrity :dazed:

I'd like to see Angelina try to adopt if she gets divorced from Brad. I'm sure the media won't give two shits about her "incredible involvement" with the UN then. That is how the cookie crumbles.

Well she was divorced when she got Maddox, so i don't see how different it would be if she separated from Brad :dazed:

I just don't understand this hostility towards her, it's not like Angelina is responsible for Madonna's backlash.

People get refused for adoption all the time. Prospective parents get refused because they're too fat in this country.

I can't say I'm surprised to be honest -I was shocked it was all proceeding so quickly. Remember for David Madonna had to pretend to have the perfect family and BAKE things in the kitchen and stuff for the Malawian official. A divorce and two (real or otherwise) public flings later that image obviously can't be maintained to anything like the same extent.

I don't think this is a bad thing. If Madonna really loves this child she will stay in her life, and give it such time as is necessary to convince the authorities she is serious and can provide a stable and loving home.

:thumbsup:

Madonna’s Charity: ‘Delinquent’

After all that spin about Madonna donating millions to save Malawian children, it turns out the State of California has her labeled as “delinquent.”

According to California’s Attorney General’s office, Madonna’s Ray of Light charity is ‘delinquent’ after years of being up to date. The filing indicates that Ray of Light Foundation was last renewed on June 23, 2008 and is set to have its license expire on May 14, 2009.

Even stranger: Ray of Light’s most recent Form 990 filed with the IRS has been wiped off the publicly-accessed Guide Star website for registered charities and foundations.

The filing, delivered in 2008 for 2007, which I reported in this column last December 30th. It showed that Madonna had given no money to Raising Malawi, the charity she started in 2006 with Michael Berg and other principals of the Kabbalah Center in Los Angeles.

However: Madonna did donate $2.6 million straight to the Kabbalah Center itself.

It’s rare that a foundation or charity removes a Form 990 link to Guide Star for any given year. GuideStar automatically posts every new filing as soon as they’re available.

All of this has something to do with this morning’s news that the Malawi court denied Madonna’s petition to adopt four year old Mercy James and take her out of the country.

Here’s a link to one document that may have influenced the court’s decision:

http://www.hrccmalawi.org/madonnastatement.pdf

All hail the Malawi judge who was wise enough to put a stop to this nonsense. Madonna can no longer satisfy her ego by making Malawian children her souvenirs. She’ll have to take home t-shirts and woven baskets, just like everyone else.

And it’s not like Madonna isn’t a good mother. One look at teenage Lourdes and you can see she’s done a good job. Same for Rocco, her son with Guy Ritchie: he’s described by friends as a “great kid.” Of course, Lourdes and Rocco each have active fathers – Carlos Leon and Ritchie, respectively. Madonna’s adopted Malawi son, David Banda, lost Ritchie to divorce a year after meeting him. He’s also endured her reported affair with Yankee baseball player Alex Rodriguez and has since spent time with Madonna’s 21-year-old Brazilian boy toy, Jesus Luz.

It’s not that Madonna’s “stable” family has changed since she acquired little David. Some kind of disconnect has occurred in Madonna’s thinking when it comes to the country of Malawi and its orphans. Taking them home to America or Britain isn’t going to solve the problem of poverty.

Most of us have never been to Malawi, a country that Madonna has depicted as so poor that she must remove its children for their safety. She’s burnished this image so completely that yours truly was surprised to meet a group of Malawi businessmen on a flight in Zambia two years ago. These well-spoken gentlemen were on their way to a weekend retreat – just like businessmen all over the world.

I asked them, What about Madonna and her adoption of little David Banda?

The man sitting next to me said, “We wish she’d stop kidnapping our children.”

The fact is, as the linked document from the Malawi HRCC shows, Madonna could just as easily help Mercy and even David not by taking them home, but by writing checks to help them and all Malawi children on the spot.

Not to get into an argument -- and this is of course slightly off-topic -- but Angelina and Brad are not even married. So it would be difficult for them to be divorced or separated. (They could, however, just end their unofficial relationship.)

The news about this today really depressed me. To say that you can help someone 'just as much' by writing a fat check has obviously not been to Malawi or seen the conditions there. Clearly, Mercy will get a better education and more opportunities living elsewhere. That's not to say that she can't stay connected to the culture or visit her surviving family often, but seriously ... the orphanages are so overcrowded. There are 8-year-olds taking care of multiple babies -- to say nothing of the health problems.

*sigh* I realize they don't want children to be victims of trafficking, but with a high profile person like this, it's clear you can't get away with that.

I'm still in shock at the whole thing. Not her appeal :bad: but the rejection. Quite a kick in the teeth for all she's done with Malawi. Maybe they're not Kabbalah fans? :vanitybonet:

I can sorta vaguely see the child trafficing precedent thing, but that means they're effectictively retroactively saying she shouldn't have David - what loophole allowed her to get him then?

And why the hell would human rights activitists be against it? This isn't like an animal that's being taken from the wild and put in a zoo - but a child whose natural environment is a bloody orphanage, they'd rather have that? The mind boggles.

The haterz seem pleased that for once she doesn't get what she wants, why they don't want an exception to be made in this instance where she's doing something good and altruistic that very few would do (other than those who can't have children, of course) is a mystery.