Madonna's Malawian Adoption: Appeal to The Supreme Court

Bitch

If the decision is purely based upon the 18 month residency then I don't see why Madonna doesn't just live there for that period. Would be worth it if she truly loves and wants little Mercy.

Yeah it's all black and white, very simple. It doesn't matter Madonna has kids who go to school or that she actually has a life or anything, she can just give up on everything and go live for 2 years in some 3rd world's country.

Yeah it's all black and white, very simple. It doesn't matter Madonna has kids who go to school or that she actually has a life or anything, she can just give up on everything and go live for 2 years in some 3rd world's country.

10000000000% agreed!

If her lawyer appeals today to the Hight Court, I wonder how long it would be until she'll be given an answer.

There's usually a very specific time limit before a reply must be given.

A friend of mine from Brazil just sent me an article done by the African Press Agency which says divorce was the reason, not the residency thing. So I'm confused as to what the actual reason was.

Guest Pud Whacker

terrible. to leave a child, any child in an impoverished orphanage is just awful.

is this person for real?

"This is a triumph for the children of Malawi," said Mavuto Bamusi, the national coordinator of Malawi Human Rights Consultative Committee.

"Inter-country adoption is not the best way of providing protection to children ... they should grow up in familiar cultural and religious surroundings," Bamusi said, adding that "supporting children from outside our country only helps five of the 1.5 million orphans we have."

cause these are the facts:

"We have close to 2 million orphans in Malawi who need help," Women and Child Welfare Development Minister Anna Kachikho told The Associated Press. "We can't look after all of them as a country. If people like Madonna adopt even one such orphan, it's one mouth less we have to feed."

article-1166850-04450964000005DC-718_468

Madonna also visited a development project in Gumulira, Malawi today. The singer has several charity projects in the African country

article-1166850-04450593000005DC-321_468

That's why I love her; instead of sitting and mopping, she continues her charity mission.

Another person would've broken down by hundredth of the things she has being through.

Guest Pud Whacker
article-1166850-04450964000005DC-718_468

Madonna also visited a development project in Gumulira, Malawi today. The singer has several charity projects in the African country

article-1166850-04450593000005DC-321_468

That's why I love her; instead of sitting and mopping, she continues her charity mission.

Another person would've broken down by hundredth of the things she has being through.

:thumbsup:

Guest harbors
Im kinda of relieved. shes supposed to go back on tour. she shouldnt be adopting

You're such a f.cking shallow, selfish and heartless piece of sh!t. I coudnt believeyou actually said such things.

Another reason why this country will never one day thrive and instead just languish.

They have a person who has brought worldwide attention to their once previously ignored poverty and disease stricken country and pumped millions into it for reform and aide over the last three years.

They then deny her an adoption proceeding when they previously just finalized one less than one year prior stating the need to enforce the law and prevent "trafficking of children by some unscrupulous individuals" when this already occurs as well as other inhumane acts (genital mutilation etc) towards the children of their country but do not act on them because talk of them is taboo.

They then frankly state that their decision was partly based on "information from global media" rather than their own full investigation into such claims showing a total lack of knowledge and apathy towards handling the matter correctly and justly.

Also stated is the line- "the so-called poor children of Malawi". They have 2 million orphans. They are one of the poorest countries in the entire world. The problem can't be fixed if they are too stubborn to admit it in the first place.

Guest Pud Whacker
Harbors just for get about him

Madonna will be fine and continue the fight

i mean just look at how healthy, happy and wonderful david is.

malawi_300309_david_news.jpg

this guy is a turdling:

"This is a triumph for the children of Malawi," said Mavuto Bamusi, the national coordinator of Malawi Human Rights Consultative Committee.

Somewhat surprisingly (to me at least) there's a reasonable amount of support for her (from people who obviously don't like her much!) in the comments section of these two hateful Guardian articles:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/20...nna-mercy-james

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/20...e?commentpage=2

i mean just look at how healthy, happy and wonderful david is.

malawi_300309_david_news.jpg

this guy is a turdling:

I know people will always be pigs and pieces of shit!

But madonna will continue that's for sure!

Guest Pud Whacker
Somewhat surprisingly (to me at least) there's a reasonable amount of support for her (from people who obviously don't like her much!) in the comments section of these two hateful Guardian articles:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/20...nna-mercy-james

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/20...e?commentpage=2

i do believe the tide will change because of this. the weirdos will see what good she has done by being denied. had she walked away again, so freely, it would have been another horrendous david storm.

Guest BytheBay

I have to say, as disappointing as it is that M was denied the adoption, I think its refreshing that the Malawians are taking a stand for themselves. Their laws and regulations may be archaeic and outdated but they are there for a reason. To protect the children.

And while M would provide an amazing future for that little girl, what's to stop other less savory people from following her and not havign the children's best interests at heart.

If they want to change the outcome, they should change the process. And I hope they do. It would be a giant step forward in rehabilitating that country.

Another reason why this country will never one day thrive and instead just languish.

They have a person who has brought worldwide attention to their once previously ignored poverty and disease stricken country and pumped millions into it for reform and aide over the last three years.

They then deny her an adoption proceeding when they previously just finalized one less than one year prior stating the need to enforce the law and prevent "trafficking of children by some unscrupulous individuals" when this already occurs as well as other inhumane acts (genital mutilation etc) towards the children of their country but do not act on them because talk of them is taboo.

They then frankly state that their decision was partly based on "information from global media" rather than their own full investigation into such claims showing a total lack of knowledge and apathy towards handling the matter correctly and justly.

Also stated is the line- "the so-called poor children of Malawi". They have 2 million orphans. They are one of the poorest countries in the entire world. The problem can't be fixed if they are too stubborn to admit it in the first place.

I couldn't agree more.

Judge's name and picture is published in every hole right now; her mission is accomplished. That judge only thinking about her gain in this situation, as she just spitted in the face of the woman who's doing so much good for this country.

The condescending tone in her ruling is obvious; referring to her as "Ms Madonna" and her status together with how she feels M should assist in the future is unprofessional, especially after M has proved her dedication so much.

If the judge was concerned over the issue of residency she should've noted about it in the LONG process of this adoption. However, she just wanted to make a statement and getting her name across in every publication.

Shame, shame, shame.

i do believe the tide will change because of this. the weirdos will see what good she has done by being denied. had she walked away again, so freely, it would have been another horrendous david storm.

I hope so Pud, I really do.

What really annoys me is that people sniping and judging are doing NOTHING to help the situation while complaining from their comfortable sofas, watching TV, eating their take away, wearing their nice clothes, living in a house they own etc. etc. It's SO EASY to judge but not so easy to look at yourself to see what you're contributing to the solution. What a bunch of cunts.

Ben Fellows, a friend of Madonna's who himeself was adopted by a white British family, is on BBC news supporting her.

He also talked in her favor a few days ago to The Mirror. I also have to say that the BBC was respectful and reasonable toward M regarding this adoption.

Guest BytheBay
I couldn't agree more.

Judge's name and picture is published in every hole right now; her mission is accomplished. That judge only thinking about her gain in this situation, as she just spitted in the face of the woman who's doing so much good for this country.

The condescending tone in her ruling is obvious; referring to her as "Ms Madonna" and her status together with how she feels M should assist in the future is unprofessional, especially after M has proved her dedication so much.

If the judge was concerned over the issue of residency she should've noted about it in the LONG process of this adoption. However, she just wanted to make a statement and getting her name across in every publication.

Shame, shame, shame.

You really think the judge is trying to be a glory hog? Gimme a break.

Take Madonna out of the equation and look at it from that perspective. I may not agree with the laws and regulations but the judge is following them to the t. Whatever good Madonna is doing for Malawai should have absolutely no bearing on the adoption. The two things are apples and oranges.

I'm disappointed for the childs sake that it didn't work out but this isn't Judge Ito or that crybaby Anna Nicole Smith judge here.

You really think the judge is trying to be a glory hog? Gimme a break.

Take Madonna out of the equation and look at it from that perspective. I may not agree with the laws and regulations but the judge is following them to the t. Whatever good Madonna is doing for Malawai should have absolutely no bearing on the adoption. The two things are apples and oranges.

I'm disappointed for the childs sake that it didn't work out but this isn't Judge Ito or that crybaby Anna Nicole Smith judge here.

Apples and Oranges in the same fruit bowl!! The good she is doing should have some weight! If thats the case then why was the judges decision based on global media rumors as reported! The judg has no clue how to be fair or do whats rights.

Even at the Olympics when Malawi was shown, they mentioned that Madonna brought alot of attention to their country with her movie. She has done alot for them and doesn't deserve the treatment form the judge.

I can agree with the ruling if the plain facts of the law were cited. "The interim adoption was denied because she is a single woman or even because of this 18-month residency". And at this point the statement from the court should have ended. No further comments were needed. BUT the judge made comments to explain the decision that are just outrageous. Putting her more or less in the corner of child trafficers and therefore backing all the negativity of ill-informed people from the media and so called charity organizations. But this will backfire horribly. Not to the judge and certainly not for those charities and orphanages that Madonna supports. I strongly believe that all these charities that cried foul will lose all support and donations from people outside of Malawi because their behaviour raises the question what they actually stand for when they treat people (that actually help) the way they did. The whole thing will turn into a PR desaster for them. "So called poor children of Malawi" Give me a break.

In the end Madonna will keep fighting for this girl. Malawi officials will change the law. And the adoption will be approved.

I'm devastated

this has hit me harder then all the backlash she received throughout her career. The absolut HATRED this woman had to cope with because she's a STRONG, INTELLINGT, SELFMADE, RICH woman. People are so threatened by her. Everytime a friend or someone that knows her family talks about her they always say how sweet and well behaved her children are...but most of all Mercy won't have the future that she could have. I'm really outraged and I feel like all the problems in Africa are because the people are so fucking dumb in the first place....fuck that ignorant judge.

If the residency issue is the reason, the judge should've noted it before in the long process of the adoption, so M could've altered accordingly.

As for the reason stated above, the ruling isn't professional, and seems as glorification-seeking regarding this very high profile case.

From now the judge's name is attached to the issues of abroad adoptions and human trafficking on global level. Of course, her career opportunities have widened a LOT.

People thinking about their gain.

Some of these comments make me laugh. Some people want the judge to bear in mind all the good Madonna has done for Malawi but they don't want the judge to consider how Mercy would be going to a workaholic divorced mother of 3 who frequently tours the globe. Insane.

Guest BytheBay
If the residency issue is the reason, the judge should've noted it before in the long process of the adoption, so M could've altered accordingly.

As for the reason stated above, the ruling isn't professional, and seems as glorification-seeking regarding this very high profile case.

From now the judge's name is attached to the issues of abroad adoptions and human trafficking on global level. Of course, her career opportunities have widened a LOT.

People thinking about their gain.

Oh yeah I'm sure there lines forming for a malawian judge. I bet she'll be on Court Tv next week. Right up there with Star Jones

And the judge probably had nothing to do with the case until Monday when madonna went to court. My brother was adopted. The entire time we went through it with different people, the judge met with us once, the day he made it legal. The process isn't easy. And it shouldn't be. If Madonna had dotted her i's and crossed her t's she should have dealt with the residency issue as should have her lawyers. The onus is on Madonna not the legal system. She has to prove to them she's ready for it, not vice versa.

Some of these comments make me laugh. Some people want the judge to bear in mind all the good Madonna has done for Malawi but they don't want the judge to consider how Mercy would be going to a workaholic divorced mother of 3 who frequently tours the globe. Insane.

Oh boy. You just don´t get it. Take a break.