Madonna's Malawian Adoption: Appeal to The Supreme Court

Bitch

Madonna traveling in Malawi before adoption ruling

By CELEAN JACOBSON – 32 minutes ago

LILONGWE, Malawi (AP) — Madonna is traveling inside Malawi ahead of a judge's ruling later this week on her efforts to adopt a little girl there.

Reporters saw the 50-year-old pop superstar's convoy making its way from the exclusive lodge where she is staying to the airport Wednesday afternoon.

Madonna's three children are in the southern African country with her, including 3-year-old David who was adopted from Malawi. It was not immediately known whether the family boarded the plane with her.

On Tuesday, Madonna confirmed she is trying to adopt a girl named Chifundo "Mercy" James, who is about 4 years old.

Critics have accused Madonna of using her fame and money to speed the process but the pop star said she has followed standard procedures.

Bitter dried-up CUNT Andrea Peyser at it again

bighollywood.breitbart.com

Celebutard of the Week: Madonna

by Andrea Peyser

This is an emergency Madonna update, a warning that the one-time Material Girl has turned from a bra-baring, Britney-slurping, intercourse-simulating extrovert into a greedy baby-collector. At mid-life, an unmarried Madonna is, right now, in the African nation of Malawi, choosing a matched child to go along with the tot she already purchased from the African nation like so much luggage, David Banda.

This is why Madonna is my Celebutard of the Week, in keeping with my book, “Celebutards: the Hollywood Hacks, Limousine Liberals and Pandering Politicians Who Are Destroying America,” (Kensington).

Madonna is asking a judge to let her adopt 4-year-old Mercy James, a child who, like David, has a biological father but no mother. Her grandmother was incensed.

“Why doesn’t the singer pick other children?’’ fumed Lucy Chekechiwa to the Sun newspaper in London.

“It is stealing. I want to go to court. I won’t let her go.’’

It seems a repeat of her earlier adoption. The granny fumed, but Madonna still plucked the child from his home and took temporary custody. On her own turf, the adoption was a done deal. She also broke Malawi’s adoption laws, which prevent prospective parents from getting their hands on children without first living in the country for 18 months. Technicalities.

One has long wondered if Madge is fit to raise a house plant, let alone a child.

Her vegetarian diet, free of wicked dairy products, should be enough to preclude her from raising ice-cream-deprived kids. It comes with great remorse that her ever-expanding brood, which includes Lourdes, 12; Rocco, 8; and little David, 3; will never, at least in childhood, taste the summer staple.

But in the diet-crazed Celebutard world, this is par for the course — Gwyneth Paltrow gets to keep her little ones even after publicly cleaning out her gastrointestinal tract. Money buys anything. Including flesh. TV is also banned in the house of Madonna, 50, which might be a blessing; the kids are protected from their mothers’ egregious sexual actings-out –- at least until the babysitter breaks the rules.

But why should I complain about dairy products when, in 2003, Madonna took the stage at Radio City Music Hall in New York where, in full view of then-husband Guy Ritchie and 7-year-old daughter Lourdes, tongue-kissed Britney Spears and Christian Aguilera, giving an advanced lesson in sex education. Child service authorities looked the other way.

The environmentalist – she made the cover of Vanity Fair’s “green’’ issue – also imported 1,000 unfortunate pheasants to her British estate, Ashcombe House, so that rich friends including Brad Pitt might pay $19,000 a day to shoot the poor birds to death.

Mercy lives in same orphanage from which she plucked David. She wants the little girl to join a brood whose size has yet to be curtailed, despite Madonna’s ridding of a husband Guy Ritchie and discarding of Lourdes’ baby daddy, Carlos Leon. It is not known whether the new child’s health will be carefully screened in Africa, as was David’s. With millions of orphans afflicted with AIDS and other diseases, Madonna got herself a good one.

David, like Mercy, lost his breast-feeding mother as an infant, and the family, unable to afford formula for him, put him in an orphanage, expecting to take him back after he was old enough to eat solid food. But Madonna chose the bright-eyed youngster. The case against Madonna was closed when she told her adoption story to a credulous and approving Oprah Winfrey. “God bless you!’’ cried Oprah.’’ She also condescended to David’s dad, Yohane Banda, as a “simple’’ man. (Ouch!).

Reportedly, David’s father upset when he learned Madonna was divorcing. Too late.

In return for Africa’s generosity, Madonna founded Raising Malawi, a girls’ academy that preaches hefty doses of Madonna’s pet belief system, Kabbalah. She might have simply made a large donation to the Bandas’ extended family, including a grandma and aunts, so they might be reunited with their biological child. But what do I know about Hollywood?

This begs another question: What is wrong with American-born orphans? Mixed-race children, for example, badly need parents, even rich ones – and can be taken home without the need of an international plane flight.

I guess those kids don’t make such good conversations with Oprah.

Lovely. It's obvious that the red haired woman (sorry but I don't know her name, I think it's Keri? I'm not sure, I don't watch this show) didn't like the idea of her adopting or asked herself some questions, but mainly it was positive :)

Woopy was great!

OMG THE OLD BITCH WOULDNT STOP ACCUSING MADGE she is probabnly envious she looks like shit and is the same age as madge

Lovely. It's obvious that the red haired woman (sorry but I don't know her name, I think it's Keri? I'm not sure, I don't watch this show) didn't like the idea of her adopting or asked herself some questions, but mainly it was positive :)

Update: no, her name is Joy! and yes elijah she, joy, kept talking in a more negative way, but those women of the view have done that too months ago when M did some other things that got a lot of attention, so I know they're no fans, so for them to say at least some positive things and try to be objective and mature about it, that's very good. (well, except for miss "joy" of course)

First current picture of Mercy - holding Lourdes' hand :inlove:

SNN0109MNN-682_770535a.jpg

Mum Madge shows Mercy

The Queen of Pop was pictured with Mercy for the first time yesterday as authorities began finalising the adoption arrangements.

Four-year-old Mercy held the hand of new sister Lourdes, 12, as she enjoyed her first family outing.

They were surrounded by a posse of minders, but Mercy — wearing a blue dress — was seen laughing and smiling as she joined her new family.

Madonna spent over an hour in Malawi’s High Court on Monday, when she told Judge Esme Chombo she would be “a deeply loving mother” to Mercy, whose Malawian name is Chifundo.

In adoption papers seen by The Sun, Madonna says: “To deny Chifundo the opportunity to be adopted by me could expose her to hardship and emotional trauma which is otherwise avoidable.”

The judge will give an official ruling on Friday — but Madonna, 50, has already been told that her application will succeed.

The pop queen is due to fly to Britain on Saturday — and has told staff at her London home to “prepare for the arrival of my new little girl”.

Madonna celebrated Monday’s successful meeting by throwing a dinner party at her luxury lodge.

A charity worker who attended the bash said Madge was drinking wine and hugging her staff — while her adopted son David held Mercy’s hand and ran around excitedly telling guests: “This is my new sister.”

The source said: “Madonna looked incredibly proud and happy, and David was so funny — he couldn’t leave Mercy alone and pulled her around all the guests.”

Eight-year-old brother Rocco — Madonna’s son with ex-hubby GUY RITCHIE — has also been helping to welcome Mercy into the family by playing with her in the gardens of the lodge.

A senior Malawian official yesterday confirmed that Madonna had been told Mercy was hers.

The official told The Sun: “This is all very confidential, and Judge Chombo must still make her ruling — but that ruling will be in favour of Madonna.

“Madonna is a very good mother and ambassador for Malawi. She has improved the lives of thousands of orphans.”

The approval comes after The Sun told how Madonna had recruited two of Malawi’s leading politicians to help secure her second adoption.

Madonna’s adoption of David from Malawi caused a storm, and some human rights groups accused her of using her vast wealth to “bulldoze” the authorities into agreeing to her requests.

The star has donated huge sums of money to help look after orphans in the African nation, where 14 per cent of adults are infected with HIV, the virus that causes Aids.

David, now three, yesterday met his biological dad Yohane Banda for the first time since he left for Madonna’s privileged showbiz world when he was adopted in 2006.

Farmer Yohane, 34 — immaculately dressed in blue suit and white shirt — wept with joy at the emotional reunion. He said: “I knew one day my dreams would be answered.”

Yohane, who had been forced to leave his baby son at an orphanage after the tot’s mum died, added: “At first I didn’t recognise him as he’s grown so much.

“David sat with me and spent time squeezing and playing with my nose.

“It was the proudest day of my life, to sit here again with my son. Now I want him to meet his half-brother and sister and show him the village in which we all live.”

Under the deal which allowed David’s adoption, Madonna has a duty to take him back “regularly” to Malawi so he can see his dad and keep in touch with his roots. And yesterday Madge apologised to other orphans at his former home — because David could not understand them.

At the moment David speaks only English, and was baffled when kids at the Home of Hope orphanage in Mchinji asked him “Muli cwanji?” — meaning “How are you?”

Madonna told orphanage staff she is employing a tutor to teach the whole family the basics of the local Chichewa language.

She added: “Next time I come here we won’t need a guy here to translate for us.”

So cute!!!! :inlove:

i want more pics of her trip! more!!!!

Tom Munro is there, could be a photoshoot in the making with the malawians?

Posted this in the wrong thread earlier

She gets the top rated score at Cunts Corner in HolyMoly, who already hate her, for this - http://www.holymoly.com/page/TheCorner/0,,12643,00.html

There are some people on there who try to defend her in the news stories but it's pointless

Holy Moly are a shower of cunts themselves. I've been in meetings with a few of them (they worked on a project for us) and they're odious.

What's really frustrating about the whole episode is that everyone's so woefully ill informed, spouting opinions based on conjecture and tabloid news reporting.

I haven't got a problem with people taking offence to what she's doing but at least argue the point from an INFORMED position, by watching her doc if nothing else. Then they would see some of the stuff she's done, ranging from buying homes for people, financing schooling to taking a small boy who's had PENIS hacked off on a five hour drive to have a catheter fitted.

There should also be a rule that if journalists are going to open their mouths on the subject they should open their fucking cheque books first!

Malawi government backs Madonna adoption attempt

LILONGWE (Reuters) – Malawi's government supports U.S. pop singer Madonna's bid to adopt a second child from the southern African country, the information minister said on Thursday, a position likely to anger rights groups.

Malawi's High Court is expected to rule on Friday whether she should be granted an interim adoption of a four-year-old girl, Mercy James.

The government came under fire after Madonna adopted a 13-month-old Malawian child, David Banda, in 2006, with critics accusing it of skirting laws to give her special treatment.

Malawian Information Minister Patricia Kaliati said Madonna had helped in the country and was a worthy mother.

"Madonna has been good to us, she is supporting over 25,000 orphans in this country and she has proved that she can take care of David," Kaliati told Reuters.

"Very few rich and famous people can take time to fly all the way to Malawi to support our children we support her adoption process."

Malawi civil society groups oppose the adoption and a local human rights activist said it would amount to child trafficking.

Madonna, accompanied by David, arrived in Malawi on Sunday ahead of the court examination of her application.

The star, who was divorced last year from British film director Guy Ritchie, is one of the most successful singers of all time, with album sales of more than 200 million.

THE VIEW

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeWdxu8MyUU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeWdxu8MyUU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeWdxu8MyUU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Barbara Walters on today's The View(April 2nd 2009) defended Madonna and spoke a bit about it cause she was not on that show. She referenced it. She said Madonna must be doing it out of love.

Like everything, the negative media tide will turn. This is probably the peak of the negative publicity she's been having since David, the divorce and the plastic surgeries. After this, I'm sure the media will soon realise it's not in to hate her anymore and they'll be back to kiss her arse. It always happens.

Like everything, the negative media tide will turn. This is probably the peak of the negative publicity she's been having since David, the divorce and the plastic surgeries. After this, I'm sure the media will soon realise it's not in to hate her anymore and they'll be back to kiss her arse. It always happens.

approximately around the realease of her 1st Live Nation studio album :wow:

approximately around the realease of her 1st Live Nation studio album :wow:

It makes perfect sense.

'98-'01 = OMG we love her; great new original music, she's a mum, she's married, cool Britania etc.

'01-'02 = start of negative tide post-non-GHish-DWT; Up for Grabs and GHV2

'03 = American Life - peak of negative tide

'04 = start of restoration with RIT

'05-'06 = Confessions: the 3rd coming

'07-'09 = adoption, plastic surgery, divorce, Hard Candy, adoption part 2 - peak of negative tide

'09-'10 = start of restoration with GHV3 (fingers crossed) and S&S Part 2

'10-'11 = first studio album with LiveNation blows everyone away: the 4th coming

:wow:

Barbara Walters on today's The View(April 2nd 2009) defended Madonna and spoke a bit about it cause she was not on that show. She referenced it. She said Madonna must be doing it out of love.

you know if there's a video of this? ive been looking a bit but couldnt find it yet :( and there is a site that lets people watch all episodes of the view but its not for non-us residents.

It makes perfect sense.

'98-'01 = OMG we love her; great new original music, she's a mum, she's married, cool Britania etc.

'01-'02 = start of negative tide post-non-GHish-DWT; Up for Grabs and GHV2

'03 = American Life - peak of negative tide

'04 = start of restoration with RIT

'05-'06 = Confessions: the 3rd coming

'07-'09 = adoption, plastic surgery, divorce, Hard Candy, adoption part 2 - peak of negative tide

'09-'10 = start of restoration with GHV3 (fingers crossed) and S&S Part 2

'10-'11 = first studio album with LiveNation blows everyone away: the 4th coming

:wow:

:thumbsup: Heres Hoping for a knockout album

well what was the 2nd coming? & why does he who seeks Amy not mention the Leotard? :confused:

Second coming was ray of light.And the leotard is one of her iconic looks now even though it was bit horrid :demonic:

amen barbara!

(starts around 7:50)