Madonna rips off thousands of fans at Wembley

jonski43

What about the people that work for the subway and want to get home to their families at a decent hour?

Now this is ridiculous. As if those in charge for the last train would see their families that evening. Or do you consider 2 a.m. a decent hour to spend quality time with your family? For them there is no difference if their shift ends at 12 or 1. The day is ruined anyway, so speak. But why TFL itself doesn´t use events like that to show customer service? It´s not like they have the best reputation. Obviously they don´t care about positive publicity. But why should they? People are more or less forced to use their service because of lack of alternatives and competition. That makes companies pretty arrogant. I don´t care if it wasn´t their mistake. They should calculate with complications for the sake of their customers. Just to prevent some misunderstanding: I´m not talking about the little concert in a tiny club. I´m talking about events with an attendance of that yesterday, which is logistically on a different level.

In all fairness, he was probably frustrated hence the harsh tone. Hopefully it can be sorted out with Live Nation.

Lots of things in life frustrate me. I've learned that it never helps to scream, yell and use profanity to solve any problem. If you have a valid complaint, try to explain yourself calmly and then people will understand and be more likely to try to correct your problem.

For the record, I don't think anyone is blaming Madonna for the whole mishap so the LOON BRIGADE can SHIMMA DOWN. But it was bad luck and shitty organization on LiveNations part so people deserve the refund.

I agree that it was terrible luck regarding the speakers, but I do think that people are blaming Madonna for the late start and the sound ("it's her show and she should have done a sound check" etc. etc. - she does a full sound check and rehearsal before every single show, but not everyone realises that). I don't even think it's Live Nation's fault - replacing a full bank of speakers that are blown out during the support act's performance just isn't possible.

Horrible bad luck.... :thumbsdown:

Refund my ass...for what?

You see Madonna live maybe once in a life time and u want a refund...blah, except for 2-3 frustrated assholes nobody will ask for any refund

Refund my ass...for what?

You see Madonna live maybe once in a life time and u want a refund...blah, except for 2-3 frustrated assholes nobody will ask for any refund

Now I guess here´s the problem. Some people obviously didn´t see her. And to make things even worse, they couldn´t hear her either.

http://perezhilton.com/2008-09-12-madonnas...ucified-by-fans

We love her, but - by many accounts - Madonna failed miserably to impress her non-A-list fans at her London concert on Thursday.

In fact, a number of reports like this one and this one called the show a disaster!

We also received quite a few emails from disgruntled fans in attendance at Wembley.

Perezcious reader, John, tells us :

Was a disaster.

Noone could see the stage, or the video screens.

She came on 1 hour late, and couldnt be arsed. Mimed 98% of the gig and due to her being late, left 40,000 people stranded with no transport links in west london. Dont know about anyone else, but it took me 6 hours, 3 cabs, 6 buses and £100 to get home….

Another Perezcious reader, James, also expressed his displeasure with Madge:

…I wasnt prepared for the awful sound quality. When the show started everyone around me was shocked for the poor sound quality in the stadium. All we could hear was a buzzing noise. I couldnt understand what she was saying and it took me about a minute into each song to actually understant what song she was singing. Also watching her singing in the screens i realised that the sound was coming to us with 1-2 seconds delay. It was just a big awful mess. I dont know how the sound was in the arena area but on the upper stands of the stadium the sound was appauling. And we aint talking about a few hundreds of people being affected. Around 30.000 people must have been sitting on the upper stands. Also the atmospehere because of that and because of the stage being so far was really cold amongst the fans. You know the feeling when you are passing outside a concert and you can just here the songs with that buzzing noise? It felt like that and it didnt feel like we were inside a concert event. People around me started leaving just after 45 minutes (of a 2 hour show) and just after the hour they were leaving in masses, You could see the dissapointment. For such a bad sound and visual quality you would expect tickets on the upper stands to go for $20-30 just to fill the space. But instead tickets were going for $150 to $300. Seems that Madonna knowing that her fans would kill for a ticket and sell out the venues, replaced the quality of "smaller" arenas of 25.000 people with the quantity of 80.000 stadiums. I also left before the show ended. I read that she was really angry when their were problems with her giant screens in her concert in Nice as she is a perfectionist. I would forgive it if the screens werent working in London. But to not be able to hear the music in a music concert is really unforgivable.

James also went on to say that the UK's Times review was on point when it wrote:

Madonna was least convincing when she grabbed a guitar for a rock remake of Borderline and a dreadful Ray of Light marred by shrill, brittle vocals that surfaced sporadically throughout the 90-minute set. She even spoilt Hung Out with faux metal guitarist antics that set women in rock back about eight years.

In its review of the Madge gig, The Daily Mail also makes mention of the transportation problems fans faced due to her late start.

It really sucks to be a regular Joe.

Hope Madge has a long think about things and won't screw the little guy over in her upcoming shows!

[image via WENN.]

I agree that it was terrible luck regarding the speakers, but I do think that people are blaming Madonna for the late start and the sound ("it's her show and she should have done a sound check" etc. etc. - she does a full sound check and rehearsal before every single show, but not everyone realises that). I don't even think it's Live Nation's fault - replacing a full bank of speakers that are blown out during the support act's performance just isn't possible.

It's LiveNations fault that they got greedy and released seats where the viewers couldnt see Madonna or the screens because of lighting rigs in addition to not being able to hear. Although from what I hear from people about her voice last night, that was probably a blessing :demonic:

http://perezhilton.com/2008-09-12-madonnas...ucified-by-fans

She came on 1 hour late, and couldnt be arsed. Mimed 98% of the gig and due to her being late, left 40,000 people stranded with no transport links in west london. Dont know about anyone else, but it took me 6 hours, 3 cabs, 6 buses and £100 to get home….

How on earth does someone need 3 caps? Did 2 taxi drivers throw him out for whatever reason or what? We all know public transport is sh*tty at night and using different busses might be true. But 3 cabs? Who is supposed to believe that?

http://perezhilton.com/2008-09-12-madonnas...ucified-by-fans Mimed 98% of the gig and due to her being late, left 40,000 people stranded with no transport links in west london.

:dramatic:

40,000 people stranded? That would be half the stadium. There is no way that many people were stranded. No transport links? What about Wembley

Central Tube station that was running fine I managed to get home by 12.05pm. What about night buses? 98% mimed. :lol:

Fans angry over sound quality at Madge gig

Madonna fans complained today that they were unable to hear the Queen of Pop at her Wembley gig.

The concert last night (Thursday), part of Madonna's Sticky & Sweet tour, received rave reviews.

But hundreds of concert-goers inundated message boards today saying they'd been let down by poor sound quality at Wembley Stadium.

Prices ranged from £65 to £160 to see Madonna play at the venue.

One wrote: "The sound for those of us in the seated areas was very, very poor... During a number of the songs being performed, people around me were discussing the price of bread - really".

Another wrote on website itiswhatever.com: "Audio was dreadful".

A fan said of the only English date on the star's tour: "So many people were leaving before even halfway through the show. Near me there were a few boos and people losing interest... At times you would see her mouth move and the sound a few seconds later... at times we couldn't even hear what song it was she was playing."

Another wrote: "The sound was terrible, we were sat in block 527 and we could not hear half of the songs, the baseline drowned everything out, absolutely the worst concert I have been to. There were riots going on outside our block as people couldn't see the show and couldn't hear the lyrics." Another stated: "Spent most of the evening lining up to sign the complaints book as the staff could do nothing".

One fan advised: "She should be having stern words with her sound managers." Radio stations also received complaints.

Madonna's spokeswoman and Wembley Stadium were not commenting

http://musicnews.virginmedia.com/news/?news_id=87085

boytoyville always defends holy Madge as her own mother.

Anything against that? :tongue::electropop: It`s a Madonna forum, after all. If you haven`t got something positive why call yourself "a fan" and bother posting in a fan forum? :1251:

Sorry if I already asked this. For those old enough to have attended Blond Ambition or Girlie Show, were there similar sound problems when she played Wembley? Or is this something unique to this tour?

Sorry if I already asked this. For those old enough to have attended Blond Ambition or Girlie Show, were there similar sound problems when she played Wembley? Or is this something unique to this tour?

I attended WTG, BA and GS at Wembley and don't remember any sound problems. However the old stadium was knocked

down and the new one rebulit in its place. I am sure most of the sound problems were down to a set of speakers blowing

during Paul Oakenfolds set.

I am not even sure if it was the speakers' fault re: the late start. Everytime I have seen Madonna she starts about an hour late. I love her, but if she wants to keep her fans - she really should refund all the money for the date. Lord knows she has enough money. She can afford to lose 5 Million $. Losing the goodwill of 60,000 fans is much more damaging.

For the record, I don't think anyone is blaming Madonna for the whole mishap so the LOON BRIGADE can SHIMMA DOWN. But it was bad luck and shitty organization on LiveNations part so people deserve the refund.
Err .. did you read the title of this thread? If that's not blame, I dunno what is.

Here we go....a bunch of over dramatic fags. :dramatic:

I do believe those who were in the bad seats last night should get refunds but all of this extra shit coming up now is just that....SHIT! Once people catch wind of the fact that several people had sound/sight issues in their seats even people with good seats are going to spill some sad story to get some $$$ back. WATCH!