Madonna rips off thousands of fans at Wembley

jonski43

"Yep, heard about it this morning on the radio, on the way here. Not a fan, but I already (like a true gay idiot would) spent my $450 for her Miami concert! I have to see her at least once. It says so in the gay manual. Chapter 9, paragraph B, section 4, item #2."

I lol'd xD

Guest boytoyville

Yes there have been some tech problems on this tour but honestly it's like peopel expect Madge to perform at their local theatre so they are nice & comfortable. I never hear such complaints about any other MAJOR artist doing stadiums let alone non major acts that try. I mean ROlling Stones,Robbie Williams,U2, you never here this stupid stadium bitching. She's a mass icon, it's amazing she can fo stadiums & IMO puts on the best stadium show of then all. I mean the Foo FIghters just fucking stand there & they don't bullshit after a concert for it.

Yes there have been some tech problems on this tour but honestly it's like peopel expect Madge to perform at their local theatre so they are nice & comfortable. I never hear such complaints about any other MAJOR artist doing stadiums let alone non major acts that try. I mean ROlling Stones,Robbie Williams,U2, you never here this stupid stadium bitching. She's a mass icon, it's amazing she can fo stadiums & IMO puts on the best stadium show of then all. I mean the Foo FIghters just fucking stand there & they don't bullshit after a concert for it.

Shut the fuck up already. You haven't been to the show you patronising bastard. If they want to complain, let them.

On a side note, why is it that euros are always complaining about her being late to start her shows? I would think by now, most would know that Madonna ALWAYS starts her shows later than advertised. I've never seen her start on time. It's part of the tension she builds in an audience before the show.

Every Madonna show I've been to the tickets say 8 and she comes out at 9. Is this what people are talking about? That hour? If I get to MSG at 8 the place is 60% empty.

lol this is so retarded

she is always late

she not responsible for the transportation of the fans

if u got there then it ur responsibility to find ur way home

when i went to rit in nj and was stranded in the parking lot for hrs

what was i gonna do? go in complain that it madonna's fault a cab didn't come and it was after 11:30.

at live events anything can go wrong

the lights may not work, the sound might be weak

there's a bunch of other things that can go wrong

but sometimes it is beyond the control of the performer

this is just overly exaggerated by a bunch of queens who have nothing more important to think about in life

There were about 60,000 people, most of whom probably relied on the tube. There is no way on earth that all those could have made it onto a train by 12 even if they had all left immediately. Also, 60,000 cannot exit the stadium all at the same time in order to leave immediately. it takes at least 30 minutes until everybody is out. people aren't hanging around, they simply have to wait until tenthousands of others have left before them.

wembley_501.jpg

wembley_502.jpg

She should skip London altogether...

After the reaction to this show, sadly, I wouldn't be surprised. Imagine the complaints then!!!! It's interesting that the UK media has given the show positive reviews (for the most part - I think The Times was critical), the regular concert goers seem more interested in declaring how they've been fans for 25 years and have always loved her, but she should give up and Kylie is better...! Hmmmm.....

Guest FuckBuddy
WORDS of wisdom....there is nothing less attractive than a whinning queen.....nothing....

As we all know..in the era of the internet, nothing can be believed...i talked to people that went to the concert and said it was the best thing since the invention of THE GAY SAUNA.

I can believe people have the energy to complain...about the sound about the ride home about this about that.

Get over it....im sure you are THISCLOSE to 40 years old...its not pretty., but you probably didnt know this.....NOw you know why you are not getting LAID, dont you?

oh, do fuck off, idiot.

Right. I am back. I started this post.

Yes, when I got back from the concert I was bitterly disappointed so I came to the forum where I share a common interest with others about a woman who I think is a true musical talent. I blew my top and shot my mouth off but where better than a fan forum? This is exactly what a forum is for - to discuss all things Madonna - good and bad.

However, I had had a terrible evening - this was my fifth Madonna concert in my 25 years as a fan. I have seen her at old Wembley, Earls Court, Leeds and new Wembley. This was the only time I have complained. Yes, I got cheap tickets - I'm sorry, but I have never been in a financial situation where I could afford the top-priced tickets but it does not make me any less of a fan or even a person. I have over 700 records of hers and continue to enjoy her music. Hard Candy is a superb pop album.

I have to say I have been very disappointed how people turned on me here. You'd think that people with a common interest would support their associates but no. There have been some pretty shitty comments on here directed at me.

However, I am pleased to say, since I last posted, there has been a lot more posts explaining that others were in the same situation.

As I said, I have been to similar gigs before so I am able to comment objectively on the quality of the concert.

Overall, apparently, the sound and views were excellent on Thursday. My criticism is that the seats we were sold should not have been because the views were not good enough and the sound was terrible. These were sold as 'Side View' tickets but there was no mention of 'Restricted Views' as they do at the theatre. The concert appeared to be sold out but it took ages to get everyone in which may have affected the start time. It was the same at DWT, we were still trying to get in half an hour after she was due to come on.

I have had similar seating positions before all of which were fine. The stage design this time meant that the side walls came right out leaving only about six feet of the main stage visible and the walkway. Consequently, we saw none of the main video screens and for some reason, the side screen was sometimes not on at all. The big circular one was only used occasionally too so most of the video work was lost.

However, the main problem was the terrible sound which now appears to have been caused by a bank of speakers going. This clearly affected the seats in the top tiers causing it to be muffled and quiet. You could not hear the songs; Borderline and Human Nature were really bad. Often it was only when she got to the chorus could you really hear the vocals. It took me a while to work out Spanish Lesson as there was just no bass or vocals to guess it. People were chatting all over the place because the volume was so low you could quite easily talk without raising your voice.

I thought she sang live and haven't got a problem with that. The round screen had some great graphics such as DWRY. I didn't see any of the video backdrops such as 'Here Comes The Rain' as the side screen was angled so badly.

At previous concerts, I have had similar seats and been able to see the screens, a reasonable amount of the stage and hear very well and I have never complained.

When I booked the seats online, it was on the day they released a new load a couple of weeks ago. I thought I may as well go. By the time my friend confirmed several hours later, it had made no difference to the seats that we could get. Only six pairs had been sold in that time so I pretty much just had to take those on offer.

Overall, I think that the tickets that I had should not have gone on sale. I have rung and written to LiveNation and they said they are monitoring how many people complain and will respond in a few weeks once they have got all the details.

As for the transport issue, when we were on the tube on the way in a voiceover said that special extra trains would run between 10 and 11. Clearly, they had not worked in conjunction with the stadium if she is supposed to come on between 8.30 and 9.00.

I left during Give It 2 Me. It took 20 minutes to get on to the trains. Hundreds of people were already leaving and with so many people going into the Underground it really slows down so I can totally understand how thousands could not get onto the train. I think it is ridiculous that a capital city's transport network is not geared up to be integrated with huge events like this especially as it is so far away from the centre where people need to get their trains and buses out of the capital. God help us when we stage the Olympics.

I do think Madonna has a duty of care to her customers. She has been touring for 23 years and should have a decent enough management team to be able to stage a show on time. I don't get the 'She's Madonna, she should be late' thing. She's a professional performing artist whose future career is based on touring now that album sales are in decline. If she pisses people off, they will just spend their money elsewhere.

So, thanks to those that supported me or at least listened and understood. I'm just a fan who came to a fan forum to have a gripe which is, afterall, the purpose of a forum.

^ Jonski I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Mine could have been better as well. The sight lines I had were fine in my block. But the sound was shit. And like people have said the sound was so quiet you could hear people around you talking to one another better than you could hear Madonna. Where we sat there was a time delay of about 1-2 seconds so her vocals didn't match her mouth on the screens. But I still enjoyed the gig and so did my friend - who as a casual fan didn't want to pay more than £65. So to the arseholes here who think 'cheap skates' get what they pay for please try and be rational enough to realise that not everyone can pay for expensive tickets and that for £65 you should at least expect to hear the artist LOL.

Wembley stadium bills itself as being brilliant for concerts and boasts that it has no restricted views to its amazing, ahead-of-it's-time architecture. I belive this, looking at it there clearly are no restricted views and where rigging would have blocked views at the back of the stadium those sections were not occupied. But Livenation should not have added extra blocks like 529 if it means video screens could not be seen.

I think we can chalk this one up to 'experience'. But of course people will be peeved if their night out was marred - just like yours was. I'm suprised at some of the c***ish attitudes from members here to your situation. I wonder how they'll feel if the gig they go to gets a technical fault or if they can see the screens either? Lets hope so.

And on the subject of transport we left half way through GI2M because I knew that thousands would be heading for the tube. I've been to Wembley arena for gigs where 10,000 attend so I know what a bitch-fight 70,000 more would entail for a stadium gig exodus. When we arrived the TFL staff were already closing off underground platforms due to to amount of people. This isn't new - it's what they always do. But it's a bit of a nightmare for the passengers very late at night. IMO Madonna should have started at 8:30. We all know she likes to keep people waiting but Wembley as any UK resident will know is in the arse end of nowhere. It's a terrible location for events even if you live in London.

It's done. She rocks. You should make sure you get better seats next time.

Stop bitching already.

You sound like a real shit.

^ Jonski I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Mine could have been better as well. The sight lines I had were fine in my block. But the sound was shit. And like people have said the sound was so quiet you could hear people around you talking to one another better than you could hear Madonna. Where we sat there was a time delay of about 1-2 seconds so her vocals didn't match her mouth on the screens. But I still enjoyed the gig and so did my friend - who as a casual fan didn't want to pay more than £65. So to the arseholes here who think 'cheap skates' get what they pay for please try and be rational enough to realise that not everyone can pay for expensive tickets and that for £65 you should at least expect to hear the artist LOL.

Wembley stadium bills itself as being brilliant for concerts and boasts that it has no restricted views to its amazing, ahead-of-it's-time architecture. I belive this, looking at it there clearly are no restricted views and where rigging would have blocked views at the back of the stadium those sections were not occupied. But Livenation should not have added extra blocks like 529 if it means video screens could not be seen.

I think we can chalk this one up to 'experience'. But of course people will be peeved if their night out was marred - just like yours was. I'm suprised at some of the c***ish attitudes from members here to your situation. I wonder how they'll feel if the gig they go to gets a technical fault or if they can see the screens either? Lets hope so.

And on the subject of transport we left half way through GI2M because I knew that thousands would be heading for the tube. I've been to Wembley arena for gigs where 10,000 attend so I know what a bitch-fight 70,000 more would entail for a stadium gig exodus. When we arrived the TFL staff were already closing off underground platforms due to to amount of people. This isn't new - it's what they always do. But it's a bit of a nightmare for the passengers very late at night. IMO Madonna should have started at 8:30. We all know she likes to keep people waiting but Wembley as any UK resident will know is in the arse end of nowhere. It's a terrible location for events even if you live in London.

Thanks - It does surprise me just how many people here will just sit and be treated like crap by some corporate company just because someone is a "celebrity". Madonna is a great artist but nobody treats me like shit. I am just going to do what I can to let LiveNation they can't treat people like dirt. All I ever expected was a reasonable view and decent which I did not get.

Some people seem to think I was expecting Madonna to take me to my seat personally. :tongue:

FANS' FURY OVER MADGE SHOW SHAMBLES

ABOVE: COMPLAINTS: Madonna 13th September 2008 By EMMA WALL in London and Peter Allen in ParisYour Shout ( 0 )

Furious fans walked out on muffled Madonna after she failed to get Into The Groove at her Wembley gig.

Angry audience members branded her sell-out London show “disappointing”. The 50-year-old Queen of Pop was accused of letting fans down with a dodgy sound system, lip-synching and bum notes.

They slammed her shaky performance on Thursday – the night after she celebrated husband Guy Ritchie’s 40th birthday.

Music lovers at the back of the packed 74,000-seat venue complained they could hardly hear her vocals and hundreds walked out mid-show.

And they insisted you could tell when she was singing live because there were so many wrong notes.

The frustration began when Madge started the Sticky & Sweet gig more than half an hour late. The delay caused many fans, who had paid £65 each for tickets, to miss their last trains home.

Celeb pals Gwyneth Paltrow, 35, Kate Hudson, 29, Penélope Cruz, 34, and Black Eyed Peas singer Fergie, 33, appeared to have a good time.

But angry fan Natasha Jones, 32, from north London, said: “We couldn’t hear a thing. It sounded like the speakers had blown. When she was dancing you could see her lips weren’t in time with the music, and when she was live I heard a few bum notes.”

Others flooded websites with complaints. Leila from London wrote: “It was really disappointing – especially when the tickets were so expensive!”

A spokesman for Madonna last night refused to comment on the fans’ complaints.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/50747...-show-shambles/

Madonna's A-list friends cheer her on at Wembley... but the paying fans can't hear the music

By Lizzie Smith

Last updated at 1:43 AM on 13th September 2008

After shelling out up to £160, waiting for months and travelling to Wembley, the big night was finally here.

But instead of feeling thrilled to have finally seen their idol Madonna perform many of her biggest songs, fans claim they couldn't even hear the star on Thursday night.

Music lovers expressed disappointment about their less than fantastic night on the Mail online website.

Bandi from London wrote: 'It was extremely disappointing to go to a concert of the queen of pop and to actually leave early, as you could hear people sing two rows behind you instead of her.'

Another blogger, Mandip, added: 'The acoustics were rubbish, you had to strain to hear her when she was singing, I thank small mercys that the chorus of most songs was pre-recorded, or I may not have recognised what she was attempting to sing/shout.

'I can't explain how disappointing this concert was, not just for me, but pretty much everyone around me as well! there was absolutely no atmosphere in the crowd and easily rates as my worst concert to date.'

But despite the technical problems, the 50-year-old queen of pop put her all into the stadium show.

She showed off her honed and muscular body as she cavorted around the stage in a white silk top hat, high cut leotard, fishnets and leather stiletto boots.

And her A-list friends seemed to be enjoying themselves in the VIP section.

Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Hudson and fellow singer Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas watched open mouthed as the 50 year-old Queen of Pop gyrated on stage in an array of scanty outfits.

The star's energetic routine drew compliments from her fans, proving those hours in her private gym have paid off.

The mother-of-three is touring the world with her Sticky and Sweet tour which is flying to 37 venues for the roadshow in just under four months, transporting a team of 250.

The mother of two appeared on stage 45 minutes late to a sell-out stadium crowd.

She addressed the crowd: 'All right London. Are you ready to rock the house with DJ Madonna?'

Towards the end of the set she revealed her relief that it hadn't rained at any point during the evening.

She said: 'I'd like to thank God and all my friends because it didn't f***ing rain.

'You can take that 47 per cent chance of rain and stick it up your ass.'

The decadent two-hour show, which involved £1million of jewellery, saw Madonna perform many of her greatest hits, as well as indulging in eight costume changes.

The pop superstar arrived onstage dressed in a Givenchy outfit in a vintage white American car for the first section of the four-part show.

Labelled Pimp, the opening sequence was recently described by the Material Girl's publicist as a homage to '1920s deco and modern day gangsta pimp'.

Madonna followed up that segment of the concert with Old School, a tribute to the her roots in the urban dance music of early 1980s New York.

The remaining two sections, Gypsy and Rave, continued the high-energy performance.

Madonna kept her crown as the queen of pop

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...hear-music.html

Even Madonnatribe is in on it now. (which is why Madonna's people shun you when it comes time to handing out tickets)

They blanketed the Live Nation Press Release with a -

WITH ALL THE DRAMA SURROUNDING THE WEMBLEY GIG AND SO MANY PEOPLE DISAPPOINTED, LIVE NATION ISSUES A RELEASE SAYING HOW SHE SELLS OUT EVERYWHERE. IS THAT APPROPRIATE? (vomits)

Give me a break. It's a business. I'd say 500 of the SEVENTY FOUR THOUSAND had an okay to disappointing time. The other 70,000+ were too busy having a good time to worry about it.

Oh well. She rocks. Stop bitching and get over it.

Guest Pud Whacker
I love how these morons claimed to not be able to hear her or the music, yet they could somehow tell she was miming it.

I'm calling it BULLSHIT.

:demonic:

and couldnt see the screens.