Madonna rips off thousands of fans at Wembley

jonski43

Guest boytoyville
Shut the fuck up already. You haven't been to the show you patronising bastard. If they want to complain, let them.

:lmao: whatever. I was just stating that I haven' t never heard so much complaining about stadium shows except from madonna fans. I have tickets to 2 shows & it looks fantastic from all the 100's of clips I have seen online. If I want to comment on the show or others complaining I will, thanks.

Fans angry over sound quality at Madge gig

Madonna fans complained today that they were unable to hear the Queen of Pop at her Wembley gig.

Fans angry over sound quality at Madge gig

pa.press.net

Madonna fans complained today that they were unable to hear the Queen of Pop at her Wembley gig.

The concert last night (Thursday), part of Madonna's Sticky & Sweet tour, received rave reviews.

But hundreds of concert-goers inundated message boards today saying they'd been let down by poor sound quality at Wembley Stadium.

Prices ranged from £65 to £160 to see Madonna play at the venue.

One wrote: "The sound for those of us in the seated areas was very, very poor... During a number of the songs being performed, people around me were discussing the price of bread - really".

Another wrote on website itiswhatever.com: "Audio was dreadful".

A fan said of the only English date on the star's tour: "So many people were leaving before even halfway through the show. Near me there were a few boos and people losing interest... At times you would see her mouth move and the sound a few seconds later... at times we couldn't even hear what song it was she was playing."

Another wrote: "The sound was terrible, we were sat in block 527 and we could not hear half of the songs, the baseline drowned everything out, absolutely the worst concert I have been to. There were riots going on outside our block as people couldn't see the show and couldn't hear the lyrics." Another stated: "Spent most of the evening lining up to sign the complaints book as the staff could do nothing".

One fan advised: "She should be having stern words with her sound managers." Radio stations also received complaints.

Madonna's spokeswoman and Wembley Stadium were not commenting.

http://by123w.bay123.mail.live.com/mail/To...amp;n=104684618

I love how these morons claimed to not be able to hear her or the music, yet they could somehow tell she was miming it.

I'm calling it BULLSHIT.

And you were there you fucking moron. People were disappointed give them a break I feel sorry for fans that have had a shit time. Stop being such a bunch of cunts how would you feel.

Its obviously very disappointing for fans who paid good money to see her and couldnt hear her, but that person who said her lips werent in time with the vocals, well, if you are at the back of a huge venue, when you are looking at the screens, it never matches, cos thats how the vocals travel, AND THIS IS WHY I REFUSED TO GO SEE HER INWEMBLEY COS I WAS NOT GONNA PAY TO NOT SEE OR HEAR HER...

If i did, its probably what i would expect to happen, tho it is unfortunate.

The usual Liz bullshit:

Pop superstar Madonna has dismissed controversy over her recent London concert - insisting the late start was within the venue's guidelines.

The holiday hitmaker was due to begin her show at the city's Wembley Stadium on Thursday at 8:30pm, but she didn't launch into her first song until 9:10pm, meaning the two-hour event ran late.

Madonna now reportedly faces a fine from the venue, as artists are given a 10:30pm curfew to help local public transport systems cope with the large numbers of concert-goers all exiting at the same time.

Last year British singer George Michael was fined $240,000 when his Wembley gig over-ran by 13 minutes.

But a spokesperson for the star insists that the rules are not binding, telling British publication The London Paper, "Stage times are only guidelines."

The singer has also come under fire for the poor sound quality at the gig, with many fans complaining that they could not hear most of their favourite songs.

But the representative insists there was nothing wrong with the equipment, saying, "I was at the gig and the sound was fine."

Madonna's Sticky + Sweet tour concludes in Sao Paulo, Brazil on December 21st.

source : wenn

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
FUCK YOU CUNT

:lol: I meant in the sense that people are getting defensive over a fan who had a shitty experience at a show. I'd be pissed as well. I'd cuntify this whole topic if i was him.

I don't expect anyone at Madonna's stable to admit to anything as they will get lynched by the press. She never comments when she gets sued etc. She just settles discreetly. In this day and age, admitting culpability to anything is suicidal as it will cause even more people to complain.

They are hoping this will blow over and most people will just put it down to a bad experience. LiveNation are monitoring complaints over the next few weeks as it takes a while for them to come in.

Therefore, it important to complain straight away and deal with it. All fans ask for is a decent show which, in this case, many did not get.

She has got three more tours coming up and she needs to make sure the casual fan is looked after. Her core fan base alone will not fill stadiums.

Just found this on Madonnatribe about Ticketmaster:

Following consultation with the event organisers, we have been advised that if you wish to raise a concern about the sound quality at the show or your seating position (having watched the show from the seats confirmed to you at the time of booking), you should submit your complaint to info@livenation.co.uk where it will be acknowledged and managed.

If you were relocated into alternative seats and were not satisfied with your new seat location, please submit a complaint to Ticketmaster via the Ask A Question tab above.

If your seats appeared to be covered up when you got to them and you were turned away by Wembley staff, again please submit a complaint via the Ask A Question tab including details of who informed you that there were no seats for you to sit in.

Following the above guidelines will ensure that your complaint reaches the correct department and receives a response and resolution as quickly as possible.

Guest boytoyville

^ I believe this has already been posted, but if you haven't looked into this you definitly should because by the sounds of it you were clearly in one of the sections where the sound blew which totally sucks.

Guest Little Red
Yes there have been some tech problems on this tour but honestly it's like peopel expect Madge to perform at their local theatre so they are nice & comfortable. I never hear such complaints about any other MAJOR artist doing stadiums let alone non major acts that try. I mean ROlling Stones,Robbie Williams,U2, you never here this stupid stadium bitching. She's a mass icon, it's amazing she can fo stadiums & IMO puts on the best stadium show of then all. I mean the Foo FIghters just fucking stand there & they don't bullshit after a concert for it.

People are not complaining about the tour in general. it is this one particular concert where something went clearly wrong with the sound that was beyond the usual sound differences which you have at every venue. We haven't had such an overload of sound complaints at any of her previous shows. Also, do you spend an equal amount of time on the Stones, Robbie Williams and U2 forums in order to know what their fans think about the sound quality at their shows?

Guest Little Red
And you are better than me because you have 1200 posts???

a lot of words , a lot of nothingness.

Does it ring a bell??? of course not.

Wrong on 3 accounts.

Sorry for your situation.

It wasn't cold at all.

It was only at Like A Prayer that things livened up in the tiers. The Golden Circle people looked like they were having a good time but other than that, like most Madonna gigs, you are not close enough to feel engaged. You just take in the spectacle of the videos like at a theatre. I thought she didn't really speak that much between songs.

Guest boytoyville
People are not complaining about the tour in general. it is this one particular concert where something went clearly wrong with the sound that was beyond the usual sound differences which you have at every venue. We haven't had such an overload of sound complaints at any of her previous shows. Also, do you spend an equal amount of time on the Stones, Robbie Williams and U2 forums in order to know what their fans think about the sound quality at their shows?

I do participate in a number of online music forums so yes, & those fans don't complain even close to the amount that madonna fans do in regards to stadiums shows.

I do participate in a number of online music forums so yes, & those fans don't complain even close to the amount that madonna fans do in regards to stadiums shows.

Perhaps that is because the other artists have staged better shows with better sound systems that give the audience a much better experience all round? Fans will complain no matter who they support, especially on the internet.

The concert was SHIT. Shit opening. Shit sound. Shit vocals. Shit costumes. Shit videos.

Vogue was the only thing worth seeing. So at least the extortionate amount of money I paid gave me roughly 4 minutes of enjoyment.

All in all an utter disaster and an insult to the fans. Good job they are putting out false stories about record breaking ticket sales...each of the gigs I've been to or known anyone else to go to have not been full or sold out. Worst Madonna gig since Drowned World. Shit.

Edited by Drama_Boy

Guest strictlyrollingVIP

Hi all.... New to this Forum....This is a rant because I am angry that Madonna and Live Nation will never admit they got it wrong with Wembley......

I am a Madonna fan. But I refuse to allow being a fan of someone's work mean I give money away blindly.

Arena's and Stadiums rarely have great sound systems. Unless you are at the front it's an expensive day out watching a dot in the distance and listening to music over a tannoy system. The banks of speakers can rarely reach the back. Some artists do spend the money getting it right...... some amazing ones I have attended have been Rolling Stones, Kylie and Chilli Peppers. You could be anywhere at those shows and see and hear just fine.

I stopped bothering with Madonna concerts after I realised I could have gone on a holiday and bought the DVD for the same price. (And I am a huge fan of her music and greatness). I knew it was not worth going to see the S&S tour after her shambolic performance on the Radio 1 Summer Show shown on BBC1 and seeing she was playing stadiums. Her guitar playing and miming are enough to make me think about parting with an extortionate ticket price.

It is all just greed. The artists and Live Nation know most fans won't see anything and they don't have the sound equipment or screens to accomodate 90k people.....

My poor best friend went to see Madonna in Wembley last week. He came back disgusted and no longer a Madonna fan after 20 years. I really felt sorry for him and the others who had a bad time. From what he said Madonna lost a lot of UK fans. She must apologise and know that it is not good enough for her to disappoint so many people like that.

You should be able to view on a screen and hear the music loudly and clearly wherever you are in a stadium! How hard can it be to get this right???? It's just more speakers and bigger screens!!! My friend said Madonna used arena equipment in a stadium..... Unforgivable! She should be showing other acts how it is done!!

It seems she made it worse by not bothering to apologise for the lateness, or sound quality (admitting guilt would mean refunds would be getting paid RIGHT now.....) and generally acting as though the audience should have been grateful she had even turned up.... (His words). I know Madonna's speakers apparently blew..... but I have friends who have worked for major acts (incl. her) and there should always be spare.

The O2 also has a terrible sound system near the back. It is basically the tannoy system! I could hear people having conversations around me when I went to see Prince. I complained and got moved but my lesson was learned.............If you are near the back of a large venue - DON'T BOTHER. Buy the DVD.

Edited by strictlyrollingVIP

Guest BytheBay
The concert was SHIT. Shit opening. Shit sound. Shit vocals. Shit costumes. Shit videos.

Vogue was the only thing worth seeing. So at least the extortionate amount of money I paid gave me roughly 4 minutes of enjoyment.

All in all an utter disaster and an insult to the fans. Good job they are putting out false stories about record breaking ticket sales...each of the gigs I've been to or known anyone else to go to have not been full or sold out. Worst Madonna gig since Drowned World. Shit.

It was so awful you went multiple times?