BOXSCORE: S&S grossed $407.7 million!!! Attended by 3.5 million people!

motherandfather03

Just looking at the numbers from the Latin American market, Take a look at how great she did in Mexico in comparison to Argentina, Chile and Brasil, The average price per ticket in Mexico was US$100 while in the other countries was US$69 the lowest / US$79 the highest.

She should have comback to Guadalajara and Monterrey Jan or Feb '09 as rumored, and she could have made another 10 millions. How blind LN and she are, they are stupids.

come on. she's not a robot.

Just looking at the numbers from the Latin American market, Take a look at how great she did in Mexico in comparison to Argentina, Chile and Brasil, The average price per ticket in Mexico was US$100 while in the other countries was US$69 the lowest / US$79 the highest.

She should have comback to Guadalajara and Monterrey Jan or Feb '09 as rumored, and she could have made another 10 millions. How blind LN and she are, they are stupids.

:lmao:

get HELP

Let the Box Scores war intensify!

To grant the wishes of her multitude of fans around the world whom she has not reached out to yet, Celine Dion is grandly extending her tour to South and Central America, South East Asia, the island nations of Oceania, the Himalayan countries, Sub-Saharan Africa, and other places eager to hear her wonderful voice and to witness her belt out and chest-thump to the megahit "My Heart Will Go On". She has a scheduled stop to sing among the treetops of the majestic rain forests of Borneo for an environmental benefit. For the love of her fans, she is even in negotiations to culminate her tour in Pakistan and Afganistan, with the final date scheduled for Kabul.

To grant the wishes of her multitude of fans around the world whom she has not reached out to yet, Celine Dion is grandly extending her tour to South and Central America, South East Asia, the island nations of Oceania, the Himalayan countries, Sub-Saharan Africa, and other places eager to hear her wonderful voice and to witness her belt out and chest-thump to the megahit "My Heart Will Go On". She has a scheduled stop to sing among the treetops of the majestic rain forests of Borneo for an environmental benefit. For the love of her fans, she is even in negotiations to culminate her tour in Pakistan and Afganistan, with the final date scheduled for Kabul.

:megamanson:

does she has a show scheduled for the north pole already?

Guest dicktracy

:hotmess:

You're quite the comic!

That has to be it. I kept hearing how Maracana seats 100,000 or something like that so halfway would make sense. It obviously wasn't because she couldn't sellout that stadium in full capacity. More likely if they limited the size of the crowd it was to give concert goers better seats and therefore higher prices?

maracana had a capacity of 150000 people once, but has been restructured severl times. the last one the capacity has been brought to 75.000, more or less. so 53.000 attendance isn't that strange.

Quite strange... during Girlie Show they were 120.000 people at that very stadium!!!

Where those media reported numbers or boxscore numbers? Often when they write a review of the show the writer guesses what the size of the crowd is. Often the boxscore numbers and the number the media reports are quite different.

The Maracanã Stadium was restructured and its capacity fell to 75 thousand people.

maracana02.jpg

maracana.jpg

For the photo to see that he was full, but the structure was armed at the center of the stadium and not on the side which drew almost 50% of the chairs (much more than in the Morumbi for example, where the stage was mounted on a "traditional " way)

Edited by runaway

So, officially now, the biggest number of tickets that were sold in one night is in Athens :thumbsup: More than 9millions in one night! Only behing London's and Zurich's 11millions(and both countries have different currencies stronger against the dollar than the Euro)

So Athens was the best night :inlove: Money, people and sold out immediately!

Photobucket

So, officially now, the biggest number of tickets that were sold in one night is in Athens :thumbsup: More than 9millions in one night! Only behing London's and Zurich's 11millions(and both countries have different currencies stronger against the dollar than the Euro)

So Athens was the best night :inlove: Money, people and sold out immediately!

2crrgj9.jpg

You obviously mean Athens grossed 9 million in sales, because 9 million people couldn't fit into any stadium on this planet.

Best night? Hardly.

:megamanson:

does she has a show scheduled for the north pole already?

In negotiations even as we speak! The woman is hellbent in proving that the Québécois do it better than the Italians or Kabbalists :lol:

btw, looking at those stadium pics gives me goosebumps! awesome..

I love these huge crowd pics. Fantastic.

me too. i hope it will be the same in my country. and i would rather take a pic like this than to try to capture Madonna in some blurred photo. :thumbsup:

Guest thehiltonsuite
With all the new dates, what do people expect the final gross of Sticky and Sweet to be? x

I think it could be the biggest tour ever before it's over. She should just go for the record, because she's so close.

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder about this too.. the second leg would only need to gross 170 million to beat the Rolling Stones record...

she has a good chance of doing that if she adds shows in Japan and Australia...

Guest FrozenLight
I wonder about this too.. the second leg would only need to gross 170 million to beat the Rolling Stones record...

She needs more than that as the Rolling Stones last tour grossed about $550 millionin total (something like 140 shows though). U2 have the second highest grossing tour ever with the Vertigo Tour (about $380 million with 120 + shows). I think M´s tour will become the second highest grossing tour everonce all is done. There are 25 concerts currently scheduled in Europe with most likely 2 or 3 more dates to be added (Russia, a 3rd concert in Spain maybe). Either way assuming that she stinks to the current 25 dates that means that the tour would add about $150 million which would bring the total to about $420 million...personally this is the final gross I´m thinking S & S will reach. Of course if she adds Australia and Japan she could well reach the righ 400´s (maybe even 500)

Guest boytoyville

^ To be a little more accurate the Rolling Stones A Bigger Bang tour grossed $558,255,524 from 147 dates over 2 years. U2's Vertigo tour grossed $389 million from 131 shows over approx 19 months. Madonna could easily outgross either of these tours by simply doing around 100 shows as her per average gross is MUCH high. Her draw is the greatest in the world.

I really don't think that she's even thinking about the record. I mean, 558 million are an awful lot! Even if she added Japan and Australia, that would probably only take her to a maximum of 500 million (best scenario).

More than anything else I think that she's after the idea of making more money - thus maximizing the initial investment - and to a certain extent the fact that she particularly enjoyed last year's experience may have played a role as well as small as it may have been.

^ To be a little more accurate the Rolling Stones A Bigger Bang tour grossed $558,255,524 from 147 dates over 2 years. U2's Vertigo tour grossed $389 million from 131 shows over approx 19 months. Madonna could easily outgross either of these tours by simply doing around 100 shows as her per average gross is MUCH high. Her draw is the greatest in the world.

She won't beat the Rolling Stones record then cos the second leg would have to make as much as the first, but she will easily beat U2 and have the second biggest tour of all time..

Guest boytoyville

Right bascially right now she won't break the record with her current amount of scheduled shows however she wouldn't have to do as many as U2 or Rolling Stones to beat them because she makes more money per show because her tix cost more.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Second leg numbers start:

5 Madonna, Paul Oakenfold Werchter Festival Park

Werchter, Belgium

July 11, 2009

$7,190,295

68,434 /

1 /

$118.36, $104.44

Live Nation Global Touring/Live Nation Belgium

6 Madonna, Paul Oakenfold O2 Arena

London, U.K.

July 4-5, 2009

$5,873,149

27,464 /

2 /

$288.24, $107.06

Live Nation Global Touring/Live Nation-U.K.

posted on Icon

Quicker-than-a-ray-of-light we get the first batch of Billboard Boxscores of the 2009 leg of the Sticky & Sweet Tour! All five dates are reported as sold out. Of course most impressive is the first outdoor show of the tour, in Belgium, which moved a whopping 68,000 tickets! While her 2 shows in London O2 are not far below in total gross, it's notable that Madonna did not use the full capacity of the venue as it could accomodate around six thousand more spectators.

O2 Arena, London, U.K.

July 4-5, 2009

$5,873,149

27,464 / 27,464

Manchester Evening News Arena, Manchester, U.K.

July 7, 2009

$2,827,517

13,457 / 13,457

Palais Omnisports Bercy, Paris, France

July 9, 2009

$2,306,551

15,806 / 15,806

Werchter Festival Park, Werchter, Belgium

July 11, 2009

$7,190,295

68,434 / 68,434