The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

Went into Woolies today and can't believe they aren't stocking Give it 2 me! yet they some how still have room for all 3 versions of the McFly single? think this might hurt GI2M's peak a little x

Woolies have the album on offer (£8.97) until Sunday so they're no doubt hoping people going in to their stores to buy the single, will buy the album instead. Still, it will be a major fuck up if this misses the top 10 - which is looking increasingly likely.

Early midweek reports:

Mcfly appear to be heading for number one with the first single released on their own label Super Records.

One For The Radio is 5,000 sales ahead of its nearest competitor, Dizzee Rascal’s Dance Wiv Me (Dirtee Stank), according to early retail reports.

Meanwhile, Kid Rock’s All Summer Long (Atlantic) looks set to claim a top three place in the chart this Sunday, while Madonna’s Give It 2 Me (Warner Bros) should climb into the top ten.

Guest Danny86

Tuesday Top 40 Midweeks

Singles

1 McFly

2 Dizzee Rascal

3 Kio Rock

4 Basshunter

5 Jordin Sparks

Top 10

Madonna

Top 15

Ting Tings

Top 20

Flo Rida - Low

Top 30

Kooks

One Night Only

Sugababes - About You Now

Top 40

Primal Scream

Chris Brown - With You

Noah And The Whale

Albums

1 Basshunter

2 Sharleen Spiteri

3 Coldplay

4 Duffy

5 Chris Brown

Top 10

Abba

Hold Steady

Top 15

Madonna

Top 20

Amy MacDonald

Nas

Top 30

Billy Joel

Usher

Kooks

Mamma Mia - OCR

Top 40

Pendulum

Alphabeat

Fratellis

Kings Of Leon

Physical single sales are so low these days in the UK, with less and less shops stocking them, that the Hollywood effect cannot longer be repeated :(

Wonder if Warners will bother to advertise the digital single ... the remixes are good, but maybe the EP strategy is not working?

Guest Danny86
Madonna always dips when she's relying on physicals alone so a top 5 is DEFINITELY OUT

Yeah it is. So it's either a "Deeper And Deeper" or a "Get Together" peak we're looking forward to? :p

But maybe HC can climb in the weekend?

Guest SuperPop
Do you think she should have waited with GI2M? 4 Minutes is still too high and refuses to die. Also The Tour would be happening in next month...

I feel people are still into 4min and not giving GI2M a chance. This goes for US too.

'Hung Up' was also too high when 'Sorry reached no1...so its not the fault of 4M, rather than the fault of GI2M itself (which is overrated among fans in this board)...

Guest Danny86
'Hung Up' was also too high when 'Sorry reached no1...so its not the fault of 4M, rather than the fault of GI2M itself (which is overrated among fans in this board)...

"Give It 2 Me" was the best choice for the second single in the UK, none of the other songs from Hard Candy would have done better. It's just that a non-lead off Madonna single won't be able to get that high on iTunes and she can't be Top 3 with physicals only anymore.

I think GITM isn't dead in the water yet. Despite the digital EP encouraging one cheaper purchase than multi purchases, there are still a lot of digital options and buyers don't rush out and buy digital songs on a Monday, like they would do a physical.

Still I hoped for higher than number 6 in the first set of mids and the album has hardly improved on last week.

Still GITM total sales will piss all over many of her other singles as it has already racked up around 50k.

I've yet to buy mine - if I get them from hmv on-line, does it count towards the chart?

Yes, if it's shipped to a UK address.

Guest Danny86
Janet does nt do the top 20 in the UK.......she prefers the lower regions of the top 75

But if you're talking about singles, then Janet didn't even see the Top 100 of that lately!

Guest tir69
Radio seemed to have tired of G12M already - if they want to keep momentum for the album going they should send the third single to radio soon.

Probably it's true what you say but anyway I think/hope when Give it to me next week will be on the top 10 of uk single chart it gains more attention and spin from radio station.

Guest SuperPop
"Give It 2 Me" was the best choice for the second single in the UK, none of the other songs from Hard Candy would have done better. It's just that a non-lead off Madonna single won't be able to get that high on iTunes and she can't be Top 3 with physicals only anymore.

'Miles Away', 'She's Not Me' or even BGO I think they could do so much better...if it was a strong song like 'Sorry' (which reached even no1 in the airplay chart) it would do well in Itunes , even if it was not a lead single...see Duffy for example...she has the best seller album & single of the year and she still managed to reach no3 with her second single (and Warwick Avenue reached the Itunes top3)...UK and Europe in general are not like US that support only the lead Madonna singles...

u guys make it sound like its not even going to chart,top 10 single in an industry obsessed with youth, i think its pretty freakin cool, i bought my copy so ram it bitches :thumbsup: