TOUR UPDATE: DUBAI 2 Concerts finalizing NOW

The tour hasn't sold out in the USA and that is why Madonna is adding in shows in Europe pretty simple.

Her US tour does not start before October. If she adds some extra concerts for September in Europe it has nothing to do with it.

But I understand you. If I were australien I would be mad to when it comes to her tours.

There are still plenty of concerts in America that havent sold out. I wonder why??? The loonies will come up with some ridiculous reasons but the fact is that this tour is to close to the last is one reason and second it's way too expensive. Look at houston she hasnt toured there in 18 years and it hasnt sold out

And your point is ...? What if she doesn't sell out? Would that make the experience less exciting for those who are attending?

There are still plenty of concerts in America that havent sold out. I wonder why??? The loonies will come up with some ridiculous reasons but the fact is that this tour is to close to the last is one reason and second it's way too expensive. Look at houston she hasnt toured there in 18 years and it hasnt sold out

she HAS to tour because the Live Nation deal.

from now on probably a tour will happen every 2 years

And your point is ...? What if she doesn't sell out? Would that make the experience less exciting for those who are attending?

No it won't. But look at us in Australia how much we miss out. I really want Madonna to get a kick in the ass for this tour. The fact is that the tour ISN'T as successful as first expected in the USA. Not only is it too soon from the last tour but the tickets are far too expensive.

But look at us in Australia how much we miss out.

dont worry. 100% there is a tour in 2010 :bruised:

its not like she will never tour again

dont worry. 100% there is a tour in 2010 :bruised:

its not like she will never tour again

OMG!!!!!!! Do you know how many times ive heard this?? When Madonna didn't come here on Confessions ppl said "don't worry im sure Madonna will Australia on her next tour!" Whatever, Madonna is a total cunt for leaving us out again I hope this tour bombs big time.

No it won't. But look at us in Australia how much we miss out. I really want Madonna to get a kick in the ass for this tour. The fact is that the tour ISN'T as successful as first expected in the USA. Not only is it too soon from the last tour but the tickets are far too expensive.

I don't think anyone at LN or Madonna or most of her fans expected a fast sell out like in the past. There is no need to worry to miss her, because she tours that often now. Only her die hard fans buy tickets fast.

But I agree a kick in Madonna's and LN's butt would not hurt.

I believe she will tour again in 2011. With an album release in fall 2010. She has 10 years for 4 tours. So every 2 and 3 years. Her albums will be released every 2 1/2 years, like it was since ROL. But maybe LN is clever and only releases new albums in the fall.

Do not even start with Houston! The show is 6 months away and the only few seats remaining are the "limited view" at $165. There are no floor seats available. It's in a stadium, had it been at the Toyota Center (where most concerts are) it would have sold out instantly and a second date would have been added.

Guest jamesshot
Do not even start with Houston! The show is 6 months away and the only few seats remaining are the "limited view" at $165. There are no floor seats available. It's in a stadium, had it been at the Toyota Center (where most concerts are) it would have sold out instantly and a second date would have been added.

Exactly. She has already sold well over 30,000 in Houston. Probably more in the 39,000-44,000 range. Only a few very crappy seats are left. I believe she will be able to seat 45,000 here with floor seating( only very few seats are blocked by the stage). Houston will be a sell-out easily.

She is doing just fine in the US. Especially with our HORRIBLE economy. Madonna's prices are a tad high this time around but she will still sell out. When most acts, even huge ones, can't get 4,000 to fill a small arena it seems silly we are bitching that Madonna may only sell 60,000 seats instead of 70,000 at Dodger Stadium. I saw Lifehouse last night in Houston and they barely had 350 show up.

Oh yes of course..the objective sensible fan... of course it has to be something to do with the tour being OVERWHELMINGLY successful in europe for the extra dates to be added in :rolleyes:

You don't keep adding more and more shows when your tour is "bombing". What sense would that make? If they can't sell the tickets for the shows that are already on sale, why add more dates that aren't going to sell?? You mention Houston.....you do realize that selling out that stadium (which it is pretty damn close at this point) is the equivalent to selling out about 3 nights in an arena right? If you are going to try to spin it at least use Philly and Boston where ticket sales are slower (reportedly).....of course she's been to both of those places 3 TIMES in the past 7 years for MULTIPLE dates. Playing to roughly 90,000-100,000 people each tour in each city when you add all dates together. It's just unreasonable to expect her to do that in the same markets over and over and over every 2 years....unless we are talking somewhere like NYC, where she is having no problems.

You so desperately want to spin this as being a failure. Your "arguments" are hanging by a thread at this point. Enjoy the fun now, in a couple of months it will be impossible for you to spin this because the numbers will be laid out for all to see and you just WON'T be able to spin it without sounding like a complete loon or moron. As the BB article released today said.....she will end up breaking her own record that she set on CT. How are you going to spin that one?

Guest jamesshot
You don't keep adding more and more shows when your tour is "bombing". What sense would that make? If they can't sell the tickets for the shows that are already on sale, why add more dates that aren't going to sell?? You mention Houston.....you do realize that selling out that stadium (which it is pretty damn close at this point) is the equivalent to selling out about 3 nights in an arena right? If you are going to try to spin it at least use Philly and Boston where ticket sales are slower (reportedly).....of course she's been to both of those places 3 TIMES in the past 7 years for MULTIPLE dates. Playing to roughly 90,000-100,000 people each tour in each city when you add all dates together. It's just unreasonable to expect her to do that in the same markets over and over and over every 2 years....unless we are talking somewhere like NYC, where she is having no problems.

You so desperately want to spin this as being a failure. Your "arguments" are hanging by a thread at this point. Enjoy the fun now, in a couple of months it will be impossible for you to spin this because the numbers will be laid out for all to see and you just WON'T be able to spin it without sounding like a complete loon or moron. As the BB article released today said.....she will end up breaking her own record that she set on CT. How are you going to spin that one?

Well said. I have heard some people spinning Houston by saying she hasn't sold out here yet and since she hasn't been here in 18 years, that is a bad sign. Well, we see what she is really doing in Houston and she is doing phenomenal esp since Houston is not known for being a great concert city. Minute Maid Park seats 42,000. There are only a few hundred seats blocked by the stage so adding floor seats, she will easily top 45,000 for Houston and she is almost there. Looking at ticketmaster and what is left, I would say she is a few hundred seats from it being completely sold out. She could do another show at MMP and she would probably sell it out as well. Her doing ONE show at MMP is equivalent to 3 to 4 at Toyota Center( the arena in Houston).

Houston is signed, sealed and delivered for her. She should have done Reliant Stadium because I am telling you, demand it there. The only thing stopping people I have talked to is prices. I had one of my friends who is a total music snob, into nothing but alt music saying she is going to see her in concert if he can get off work.

OH SHUT UP ALREADY! YOUR TAWKING OUT OF YOUR ASS!

MADONNA TOUR IS HUGE!

AND AS FAR AS YOUR STUPID COUNTRY IS CONCERNED-I HOPE SHE NEVER EVER GOES THERE!

another article for you: posted by nightshade!

ON THE ROAD: SWEET SPOTS

June 14, 2008

Madonna Tour Tickets Off To Brisk Sales Start

RAY WADDELL

The much-anticipated North American on-sales for Madonna's upcoming Sticky & Sweet tour hit full force the first weekend in June, including high-profile stadium shows in four U.S. markets.

Those projecting immediate sellouts were incorrect. Those expecting disaster were way more incorrect. When it's all said and done, Madonna will break her own record as the top-grossing tour by a female artist, likely generating well north of $200 million in ticket sales. That she can accomplish this in such a limited time frame is even more remarkable.

With the most recent run of on-sales, shows in Oakland, Calif. (Nov. 1), Las Vegas (Nov. 8) and Denver (Nov. 11) all sold out, with second shows added for Nov. 2, 9 and 12 in those respective markets.

Sales were also very strong, but not yet at sellout level, for stadium shows in Houston (Nov. 16), Los Angeles (Nov. 6) and Miami (Nov. 26).

In Vancouver, Madonna's first North American stadium on-sale for Oct. 30 at BC Place Stadium moved 50,000 tickets in 29 minutes. Rapid sellouts in Toronto at Air Canada Centre for Oct. 18 and Montreal at the Bell Centre on Oct. 22, called for second shows in both markets to be added on Oct. 19 and 23, respectively.

Previous sellouts include three shows at Madison Square Garden in New York on Oct. 6-7 and 11 and performances in Boston (Oct. 15) and Chicago (Oct. 26).

Meanwhile, Europe is still sizzling. Demand for tickets in Paris for Madonna's Sept. 20 performance led to a second show for Sept. 21. The Zurich show at the Military Airfield Dübendorf (Aug. 30) topped the 70,000 mark in sales. Tickets remain for the tour opener in Cardiff, Wales, on Aug. 23, as well as shows in Nice (Aug. 26), Berlin (Aug. 28), Amsterdam (Sept. 2), Dusseldorf (Sept. 4), Rome (Sept. 6), Frankfurt (Sept. 9) and London (Sept. 11), but sales are believed to be very good in all these markets.

With only a few shows left to go on sale in North America and Europe, followed by Mexico and South America, tour producer Arthur Fogel, chairman of global music for Live Nation, says he's "thrilled" with sales and points out that there is plenty of time remaining. "Some of these North American shows are five or six months away," Fogel says.

Fogel declined to provide specific numbers, but his mood the Monday morning after the latest round of on-sales indicates that numbers were more than solid. Live Nation announces sellouts, not ticket counts, so even a show that hasn't been announced as clean likely still has moved many thousands of tickets and is well in the black.

"The fact is it was another strong weekend with all shows on track to go the distance," Fogel says. "We are in great shape, and I couldn't be happier."

it seems silly we are bitching that Madonna may only sell 60,000 seats instead of 70,000 at Dodger Stadium. I saw Lifehouse last night in Houston and they barely had 350 show up.

Dodger stadium holds 55,000-58,000 for concerts. The Foo Fighters & The Police sold out Dodger Stadium, and they had 55,000-58,000.

And I do agree, it is silly. All of Madonna's shows could be half empty and the tour would still be successful.

Oh yes of course..the objective sensible fan... of course it has to be something to do with the tour being OVERWHELMINGLY successful in europe for the extra dates to be added in :rolleyes:

exactly... if 2 dates aren't enough, why not add another... as for your quote, it's still very dumb...

oh so that's where it's coming from... madonna ignoring australia...

i rest my case, you only see what your eyes want to see...

There are still gaps between Lisbon and Paris, and between Vienna and Athens. 2 more dates? Maybe Spain and either Belgrade or Montenegro or Zagreb? The promoters must be FIGHTING to death to bring the Stickiness to their territories! :D

Guest boytoyville

^ Yes more exciting dates to be added. This is going to be her most massive tour in terms of the number of markets visted,capacity,& gross revenue! The only thing Confessions may have on it is that she did 60 dates last time & I think she may fall a tad shirt of the total of 60 shows she did last time. Hard to believe her tours keep getting more & more massive as she gets older.

News...

Saturday, 14 June, 2008

* Register

* Bookmark

* Newsletters

* RSS Feeds

SOURCE: AHLAN.COM

Breaking News

Madonna's Dubai double

Next Breaking News: Katie and Posh bust up? »

Singer to do two gigs in UAE

by Lisa Hodge

Madonna could soon be bringing her live show to Dubai

picture: WENN

Pop Queen MADONNA is to sign the most lucrative contracts of her career - playing two gigs in Dubai for US$£25million.

The singer is finalising negotiations on a deal to finish her forthcoming world tour here in Dubai this November

And, according to British newspaper reports, Madge is also in talks to perform at a private party for a mystery guest while she is here which will earn her around half of the lucrative package.

A source said: "Madonna is about to break another record by playing the most lucrative concert of her whole career - or anyone's career for that matter.

"The negotiations for the tour to stop in Dubai in November are being finalised and she will get US$15million for the one show only. The figure is so big because of her new contract with Live Nation and the huge funds available from private promoters in Dubai."

Madge signed to the company for US$120million last autumn.

The source added: "She is also close to agreeing to play at a private party in Dubai, the first in her career."

SOURCE: KIPPREPORT.COM

Madonna lines up Dubai dates

Material Girl expected to add dates in Material City. More rock and pop concerts for Dubai after AEG buys Gulf promoter Mirage.

Coming soon

Coming soon

Mar 24, 2008

Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG), which reinvented London's Millennium Dome as a live music venue, plans to lure acts such as Prince and Bon Jovi to the UAE to perform in new, purpose-built arenas, according to The Times.

Live Nation, the world's largest concert promoter and AEG's leading global rival, is beating a similar trail. It has acquired a controlling stake in Mirage, a leading Dubai-based promoter, which has hosted concerts by Aerosmith and Shakira. Madonna, who has signed an exclusive music and concert deal with Live Nation, is expected to add Dubai to her tour circuit.

Despite a wealthy expatriate population, a young music-loving local audience and the fact that 15 million visitors are expected to visit Dubai in the next decade, the Gulf region has yet to establish a consistent infrastructure for live music, says the paper.

With live performances replacing record sales for artists' pension plans, the region, overlooked so far by the likes of U2 and the Rolling Stones, is seen as the next frontier for promoters to conquer. AEG Live has hired Thomas Ovesen, the man behind some of Mirage's biggest concerts, to oversee a new live promotions office in Dubai. AEG Live hopes to operate arenas in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, seating 10,000 to 15,000 fans and styled after its own O2 in London, inside two years. Oveson plans to draw young, wealthy music fans from neighbouring states by staging Las Vegas-style residencies featuring big names.

Ovesen said: "My vision is that the UAE will be the hub for entertainment for the entire region. We believe the O2 model, where Prince played 21 nights (in London), could really work in the region. The right type of artist can expect to clear $1 million. But until now, the local live music scene has been fairly insignificant."

AEG plans to host Broadway musicals as well as pop concerts in its new arenas, with the shows marketed at foreign expats living in Bahrain, Qatar and Oman. The company has promised to balance ticket prices so that the local Asian population can attend. Randy Phillips, president and chief executive of AEG Live, said: "A presence in that region is very important to us in terms of growth and finance opportunities."

His Dubai-based rival Mirage Promotions, which secures acts such as Diana Ross and Bryan Adams for corporate clients in the region, will be rebranded as Live Nation after the US giant took a 65 per cent controlling stake. Elissa Murtaza, its managing director, said: "Whilst our current focus is to be on the burgeoning UAE, our position in the Middle East provides us with the opportunity to expand our operations. Our new partnership with Live Nation will help us to accelerate our growth by providing us better access to talent and resources."

The Gulf does have a flourishing local music scene, which is reflected in the recently launched MTV Arabia service and the arrival of a concert infrastructure, but it does present some logistical problems for touring international rock stars. Some artists have been unwilling to undertake a four-day round trip to Dubai for a one-off show. Promoters also have to make provision for an entirely car-bound audience. This month Celine Dion played her first Dubai concert, at the Four Seasons Golf Club, charging $270 for a platinum seat. Organisers had to promise the authorities smooth-flowing traffic and car-parking for 9,000 vehicles before the concert could take place.

^ That is all very old news. She won't be doing Dubai in November - her schedule is already full of American dates and now Mexico too.

If I remember correctly, she is required by the LIVE NATION deal to do 3 tours in the span of the 10 year deal. This will be the first.

I'm sure they won't "STOP" her from doing more than 3 in 10 years, but she will only be obligated to do 2 actual tours after this one over the next 10 years.

The whole, "she'll be touring every 2 years because of LIVE NATION" crap is so not true.

If I remember correctly, she is required by the LIVE NATION deal to do 3 tours in the span of the 10 year deal. This will be the first.

I'm sure they won't "STOP" her from doing more than 3 in 10 years, but she will only be obligated to do 2 actual tours after this one over the next 10 years.

The whole, "she'll be touring every 2 years because of LIVE NATION" crap is so not true.

She has to release 3 albums and do 4 tours in 10 years. It makes sense since this album is the last one for WBR. Now she has to release 3 albums with LN and go on tour with every release.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
OMG!!!!!!! Do you know how many times ive heard this?? When Madonna didn't come here on Confessions ppl said "don't worry im sure Madonna will Australia on her next tour!" Whatever, Madonna is a total cunt for leaving us out again I hope this tour bombs big time.

temper-tantrum.jpg

She is doing fine in the US. You say the tickets are too expensive and I agree in some cities they are but IF she toured Australia the ticket

prices would be the same if not more.

This tour will not bomb she is selling out massive stadiums. She will probably make more that the CT.

I understand Aussies' disappointment . Giving she never comes to Belgium either . But Francer , Holland is next doors for me. Poor Australian fans indeed. :americanlife:

She has to release 3 albums and do 4 tours in 10 years. It makes sense since this album is the last one for WBR. Now she has to release 3 albums with LN and go on tour with every release.

Actually, according to insider reports on the Live Nation deal, Madonna isn't REQUIRED to tour at all. If she doesn't though, the deal isn't as profitable for her. Live Nation has stated that they intend to make most of their money off licensing her name and doing marketing deals for a future perfume - and things like that.

Actually, according to insider reports on the Live Nation deal, Madonna isn't REQUIRED to tour at all. If she doesn't though, the deal isn't as profitable for her. Live Nation has stated that they intend to make most of their money off licensing her name and doing marketing deals for a future perfume - and things like that.

In that press conference that one could stream over the internet they talked about three albums and four tours...

In that press conference that one could stream over the internet they talked about three albums and four tours...

it is indeed 4 tours and three albums... it was understood that the first tour will be for the last studio album she will have with WARNER