TOUR UPDATE: DUBAI 2 Concerts finalizing NOW

Live Nation press release mentions 'special stage'

www.madonnalicious.com

thanks to david:

Ticket sales for Madonna's highly anticipated Sticky & Sweet Tour continued to explode throughout Europe and North America, it was confirmed by the tour's producer, Live Nation.

The demand for tickets in Paris for Madonna's scheduled September 20th performance was so staggering that a second and final performance has just been announced for September 21st.

The Sticky & Sweet Zurich show at the Military Airfield Dubendorf scheduled for August 30th has just glided past the 70,000 mark as Madonna fans buy tickets in record breaking numbers for that show as well as in Vancouver, where Madonna's October 30th performance sold 50,000 tickets in a record breaking 29 minutes.

In addition, due to instant sellouts in Toronto at Air Canada Centre on October 18th and Montreal at the Bell Centre on October 22nd, second shows in both markets have been added - October 19th in Toronto at the Air Canada Centre and October 23 at Montreal’s Bell Centre.

These new sellout performances add to a list of sellouts that already include three sold out Madison Square Garden shows in New York City on October 6, 7 and 11 and sellouts in Boston and Chicago where a second show October 27th at the United Center will go on sale on June 2nd.

Additional Madonna shows on sale this weekend include: Los Angeles, San Diego, Houston, Miami, Las Vegas, Denver, Philadelphia, Atlanta and Atlantic City.

The Sticky & Sweet Tour, where Madonna once again joins creative forces with director Jamie King, is expected to surpass her previous sold out Confessions Tour in terms of production, visual enhancement, technology, dancing, singing, costumes and nonstop entertainment. A special stage is being created to showcase Madonna, her band, and a stunning troop of dancers, all of which will give fans a breathtaking never before seen or heard once-in-a-lifetime experience.

The Sticky & Sweet Tour is being produced by Live Nation. For complete tour information, news, contests, and more, visit: www.madonna.com or www.livenation.com

Thanks to David

TOUR ITINERARY 2008

Showdate: City: Venue: On sale Date:

23-Aug Cardiff Millennium Stadium

26-Aug Nice Stade Charles Ehrmann

28-Aug Berlin Olympic Stadium

30-Aug Zurich Military Airfield Duebendorf Sold Out

02-Sept Amsterdam Arena

04-Sept Dusseldorf LTU Arena

06-Sept Rome Olympic Stadium

09-Sept Frankfurt Commerzbank Arena

11-Sept London Wembley Stadium New Tickets Released

20-Sept Paris Stade de France Sold Out

21-Sept Paris Stade de France On sale June 04

04-Oct E. Rutherford Izod Center

06-Oct New York City Madison Square Garden Sold Out

07-Oct New York City Madison Square Garden Sold Out

11-Oct New York City Madison Square Garden Sold Out

15-Oct Boston TD BankNorth Garden Sold Out

18-Oct Toronto Air Canada Centre Sold Out

19-Oct Toronto Air Canada Centre Sold Out

22-Oct Montreal Bell Centre Sold Out

23-Oct Montreal Bell Centre Sold Out

26-Oct Chicago United Center Sold Out

27-Oct Chicago United Center On sale June 02

30-Oct Vancouver BC Place Stadium Sold Out

01-Nov Oakland Oracle Arena Sun. June 1 SOLD OUT

04-Nov San Diego Petco Park Sun. Jun1

06-Nov Los Angeles Dodger Stadium Sun. June 1

08-Nov Las Vegas MGM Grand Garden Arena Sat. May 31SOLD OUT

11-Nov Denver Pepsi Center Sat. May 31SOLD OUT

16-Nov Houston Minute Maid Park Sat. May 31

19-Nov Philadelphia Wachovia Center Mon. June 2

22-Nov Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall Mon. June 2

24-Nov Atlanta Philips Arena Sat. May 31

26-Nov Miami Dolphin Stadium Sat. May 31

Additional dates and venues to be announced.

Madonna's Sticky & Sweet tour will also visit Mexico and South America later this year. Show date and on sale information to follow.

For news, contests, tour dates and more visit Madonna.com. www.madonna.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madonna Press Contact:

Liz Rosenberg

Warner Bros. Records

liz.rosenberg@wbr.com

212-707-3256

Live Nation Press Contact:

John Vlautin

johnvlautin@livenation.com

310-867-7127

IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE, MADONNA TICKETS ARE GONE

www.absolutemadonna.com

News Captain: Jay Filed under: Madonna Date: May 26,2008

Sold out seems to be the current tagline for Madonna’s upcoming tour ticket sales.

In Zurich, roughly 47,000 tickets were sold in only three hours for the August 30th concert. This will be Madonna’s very first performance in Switzerland. For those who missed the first wave of ticket sales, hope is not completely lost on seeing the pop diva live.

Another sale of 23,000 tickets will be available later but according to Good News Productions, 10,000 of the total tickets are reserved for people living near the venue at Duebendorf. Ticket prices range from 150 to 300 Swiss francs (140 to 286 USD) and include domestic rail travel.

Vancouver also reports hot ticket sales. Tickets to the October 30th concert went on sale on Saturday, May 24th, at 10 in the morning. Just twenty minutes later, only single seats were available. Ticket scalpers left no time to waste and a pair of floor seats was reported to be on sale through Craigslist for a thousand dollars.

Madonna’s Confessions tour earned her the title of highest-earning tour for a female artist. Sticky and Sweet just might break a new record

is expected to surpass her previous sold out Confessions Tour in terms of production, visual enhancement, technology, dancing, singing, costumes and nonstop entertainment. A special stage is being created to showcase Madonna, her band, and a stunning troop of dancers, all of which will give fans a breathtaking never before seen or heard once-in-a-lifetime experience.

:dramatic::dramatic::dramatic::dramatic::dramatic:

I want tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And at normal price!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

All i need to do know is understand french and learn how to order tickets when they go on sale

DAMN, i knew i should have paid attention in FRENCH LESSONS at school...all i have now is what ive learnt from a Spanish Lesson given recently by Mrs Ritchie

Guest northernlad
Madonna’s Confessions tour earned her the title of highest-earning tour for a female artist. Sticky and Sweet just might break a new record

*glances at the army of stadiums in Europe*

gee, you think?

All i need to do know is understand french and learn how to order tickets when they go on sale

DAMN, i knew i should have paid attention in FRENCH LESSONS at school...all i have now is what ive learnt from a Spanish Lesson given recently by Mrs Ritchie

The most important thing: ITS YOUR B-day and going to a M concert on that day will be with you for life.

Go for it! You deserve it!

i SHALL

When i know when tickets go on sale, and how to get them :D

OOH last time i saw her on HER BIRTHDAY and now it shall be MY TURN

*ends up in Kylie concert in Estonia*

Guest northernlad

francebillet.com

ticketnet.fr

fnacspectacles.com

spectacles.carrefour.fr

June 4th

i SHALL

OOH last time i saw her on HER BIRTHDAY and now it shall be MY TURN

*ends up in Kylie concert in Estonia*

LUSH!

Guest FrozenLight

It looks like the tour is selling very well. It's a no brainer that she will pretty much sell out all of her shows whether it's an arena or stadium. They have 4 months to sell shows so even the ones that are selling just ok at this point will be a sell out by the time she gets there.

I bet some of the stadium shows will have a massive gross (maybe 10 million + for the big stadiums)

BY the way, she should add a show in Houston now that they have moved the Philly show to the 20th of Nov

San Diego Stop : 40K tickets will be sold!

Madonna’s touring timetable costs the Padres some dollars

Print This Story

Published May 19, 2008 : Page 20

Timing is everything, especially for Madonna</b>’s “Sticky and Sweet” tour stop this fall at Petco Park in San Diego.

The recent Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, thought to be the first female artist to headline stadium shows in North America, is set to perform Nov. 4 at the Padres’ downtown ballpark.

Because the date is during MLB’s offseason, the city of San Diego will collect 70 percent of the revenue generated from the stadium rental fee and food and drink concessions, under its lease agreement with the team. The Padres receive the other 30 percent.

If the concert had been scheduled for during the season, between early April and late September, the revenue split would have been reversed in favor of the Padres, said Richard Andersen, executive vice president of ballpark management.

“That was not an option in this case,” Andersen said. The North American leg of the tour starts Oct. 3 and ends Nov. 26.

The same arrangement held true when the Rolling Stones played Petco Park in November 2005. The Padres’ take was $253,371, compared with the city’s cut of $591,200.

In Houston, where Madonna is booked Nov. 16 at Minute Maid Park, the Astros pay $7 million in yearly rent to the Harris County-Houston Sports Authority, which owns the stadium. The Astros keep 100 percent of revenue from all events, said Pam Gardner, the team’s president of business operations.

San Diego’s proposed budget for fiscal 2009, starting July 1, calls for the Padres to pay the city $500,000 in rent, in addition to $700,000 for reimbursement of police and traffic services, according to a city document.

“It’s complicated,” Andersen said. “We have several different categories and it’s all connected to our original agreement.”

Madonna will strut into several

big league stadiums in October

and November.Andersen, who has worked in sports for 31 years, said the Padres’ deal with the city is the only one he is aware of in which the revenue splits flip depending on the time of the year.

The city is responsible for paying $300 million, about twice what the Padres committed, to build $458 million Petco Park, which opened in 2004.

The financing depends on tourist taxes to pay off construction debt, so the Madonna date, expected to sell more than 40,000 tickets in San Diego, will help funnel dollars in that direction, Andersen said.

For the Padres, concert revenue is not as important as providing added value for their season-ticket holders, who get first crack at buying tickets for an event in high demand, Andersen said.

“This one is a don’t-miss opportunity that will cross many demographics,” he said.

B.C. Place, Dodger Stadium and Dolphin Stadium are the three other North American stadiums on Madonna’s route. The Los Angeles Dodgers and Miami Dolphins own their buildings, so those teams do not have to share concert revenue with public entities.

Live Nation is Madonna’s exclusive tour promoter

Guest Pud Whacker
haha well sorry to burst u idiots bubble

but all artist from mariah to janets scream sell outs

we will see when we get the box office tally

oh look, the glimmer of hope and love has arrived sharing his/her beauty and light!!!!

SHE'LL BE FINE IM SURE

No need to get the collection boxes out to make sure she can survive and eat

haha well sorry to burst u idiots bubble

but all artist from mariah to janets scream sell outs

we will see when we get the box office tally

Well she has had amazing tallies on the last 3 tours. Janet and Mariah on the other hand.......

such a schrewed s.o.b she is lol. she $o knows touring is where its at!! Not whoring herself on every passe/useless a-list award shows like other sellout, dopey divas (who would walk on 200 degree barb wire to get a few extra weeks at #1) LOL, like some people here think she should do. Ya, she shoulda gotton her ass more to promote HC, but personally she couldnt care less. She waaaay past giving two shits about how many weeks she spends in the Top 10. I care, and many here do WAY more than she blatantly does! Her lottery is in touring, and will be till "she" decides to stop collecting lol.

Guest boytoyville

Amazing Press release. Once again Vanity is wrong! :lol: She's are selling out & doing well as per the norm for her.

TOUR ITINERARY 2008

Showdate: City: Venue: On sale Date:

23-Aug Cardiff Millennium Stadium

26-Aug Nice Stade Charles Ehrmann

28-Aug Berlin Olympic Stadium

30-Aug Zurich Military Airfield Duebendorf Sold Out

02-Sept Amsterdam Arena

04-Sept Dusseldorf LTU Arena

06-Sept Rome Olympic Stadium

09-Sept Frankfurt Commerzbank Arena

11-Sept London Wembley Stadium New Tickets Released

20-Sept Paris Stade de France Sold Out

21-Sept Paris Stade de France On sale June 04

04-Oct E. Rutherford Izod Center

06-Oct New York City Madison Square Garden Sold Out

07-Oct New York City Madison Square Garden Sold Out

11-Oct New York City Madison Square Garden Sold Out

15-Oct Boston TD BankNorth Garden Sold Out

18-Oct Toronto Air Canada Centre Sold Out

19-Oct Toronto Air Canada Centre Sold Out

22-Oct Montreal Bell Centre Sold Out

23-Oct Montreal Bell Centre Sold Out

26-Oct Chicago United Center Sold Out

27-Oct Chicago United Center On sale June 02

30-Oct Vancouver BC Place Stadium Sold Out

01-Nov Oakland Oracle Arena Sun. June 1

04-Nov San Diego Petco Park Sun. June 1

06-Nov Los Angeles Dodger Stadium Sun. June 1

08-Nov Las Vegas MGM Grand Garden Arena Sat. May 31

11-Nov Denver Pepsi Center Sat. May 31

16-Nov Houston Minute Maid Park Sat. May 31

19-Nov Philadelphia Wachovia Center Mon. June 2

22-Nov Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall Mon. June 2

24-Nov Atlanta Philips Arena Sat. May 31

26-Nov Miami Dolphin Stadium Sat. May 31

Additional dates and venues to be announced.

Madonna's Sticky & Sweet tour will also visit Mexico and South America later this year. Show date and on sale information to follow.

For news, contests, tour dates and more visit Madonna.com. www.madonna.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madonna Press Contact:

Liz Rosenberg

Warner Bros. Records

liz.rosenberg@wbr.com

212-707-3256

Live Nation Press Contact:

John Vlautin

johnvlautin@livenation.com

310-867-7127

How come London hasnt sold out yet?? I thought she did like 7 shows in London last time out... What's happening? Ticket price too expensive?

Madcrazy,

1 WEMBLEY STADIUM = 7 WEMBLEY ARENAS

It's confirmed: Madonna will do only 1 show in Wembley Stadium, because tour next stop is in Lisbon (14 September).

Guest boytoyville

^ They could always move the show back to Wembely if they wanted to. During The Confessions tour Rome was placed after the first 3 Wembely dates & then they moved it back to London for the next 5 so anything is possible. I think they should do Spain before they do another Wembely date though however.

Guest FrozenLight

It's a bit weird that they Wembley show hasn't sold out yet...obviously the higher prices have something to do with it but still you would think that it would have sold out since people in London earn more money than in other places in Europe. I think she will still add a second Wembley show but who knows they may decide on other places instead

Guest boytoyville
Madcrazy,

1 WEMBLEY STADIUM = 7 WEMBLEY ARENAS

It's confirmed: Madonna will do only 1 show in Wembley Stadium, because tour next stop is in Lisbon (14 September).

Surprised nobody has added the Lisbon this date to the wikipedia page yet! :shock:

Wembley is priced too high. Even the best seats are not worth £160 - the stage will still be far away. And many seats at the back are £160. I think Livenation have messed up a bit with this one. Wembley arena would fit in the pitch of Wembley stadium it's that small. People aren't dumb. They know Madonna will be the size of a postage stamp where ever they sit in the stadium. I'm not surprised there will be no second date.