4 Minutes/Hard Candy at US iTunes (part 2)

Guest Bad Robot

WOW!!!

Madonna must be crazy!!!!

4 Minutes performed by Madonna and Justin on American Idol is a guaranteed #1, like Leona.

Yeah, I think she blew it. She was in striking distance of #1 by virtue of her sales an AI would've helped tremendously. :confused:

She is saving the promo for GI2M, a very very very smart move some not-s0-sharp cookies on this list cannot seem to grasp.

The momentum she has with "4 Minutes" in the U.S. will not be matched by "Give It 2 Me," even if she is saving promo for it (which I doubt). I guarantee it.

"4 Minutes" by Madonna featuring Justin Timberlake returns to #1 on Hot Digital Songs, with sales of 202,000 downloads. This is the fifth straight week that the #1 song on that chart has registered more than 200,000 downloads. That's a new record.

Associated press & Yahoo news

Unfortunately, BL gonna break this record by next week UNLESS BL's download < 200K which is unlikely.

i don't understand how weird the american system is? as the time pass by i realize that they are gonna loosing steam?? at this point i don't care anymore what madonna gonna perform in america or what she reach, she has just reached the immortality status being alive.

Guest ercos

what? 4M wont be #1 next week? the album release week? that s*cks!! :(

bit of good news though, ByeBye seems to have peaked already...

The momentum she has with "4 Minutes" in the U.S. will not be matched by "Give It 2 Me," even if she is saving promo for it (which I doubt). I guarantee it.

agree

:hurt:

i was just panicking... NOT...

well, if she doesn't hit #1, we can take solace in the ff:

1. we knew she can hit #1 if only she really wants to...

2. she outsold her "best friend"...

3. she can still compete with the rest of the HOT flavors of the months out there...

4. she's winning the whole 2008 diva competition

5. she's the Queen of the World as we can see in Mediatraffic... thrashing LEONA and MARIAH

6. 13th UK #1...

ahhh, i'm feeling better already :thumbsup:

Justin also would NEVER be on American Idol. He's bashed the show a couple times.

She will NOT be on Idol.

She is saving the promo for GI2M, a very very very smart move some not-s0-sharp cookies on this list cannot seem to grasp.

I hope so.

But GI2ME will NOT receive the response from the US radio.

And besides- there is many more outlets for her to promote GI2ME

I must agree with the fans condeming her for NOT promoting 4M on IDOL-that would have guaranteed a big # 1 and longer airplay on US radio

Bad Move-again!

Guest missy bi_tch
I hope so.

But GI2ME will NOT receive the response from the US radio.

And besides- there is many more outlets for her to promote GI2ME

I must agree with the fans condeming her for NOT promoting 4M on IDOL-that would have guaranteed a big # 1 and longer airplay on US radio

Bad Move-again!

well would love to see 13th #1 but i guess so far whatever's happening is a notch up confessions...

i wan to see a 7th #1 album

Guest iMisto
i was just panicking... NOT...

well, if she doesn't hit #1, we can take solace in the ff:

1. we knew she can hit #1 if only she really wants to...

2. she outsold her "best friend"...

3. she can still compete with the rest of the HOT flavors of the months out there...

4. she's winning the whole 2008 diva competition

5. she's the Queen of the World as we can see in Mediatraffic... thrashing LEONA and MARIAH

6. 13th UK #1...

ahhh, i'm feeling better already :thumbsup:

This DOES make me feel better. She outsold TMGine. She's outsold almost everything else out this year. She's performed VERY well on Hot 100. And even radio has actually been playing her song(even if not as much as we'd like them too). People are obviously interested. And we KNOW this would've hit #1 if she had done promo for it. But she didn't, and we have to live with that.

HOWEVER, for me, the World Chart has always been the most important. Whoriah could have 100 #1's on some island in the middle of nowhere, and who cares? It's about global success, and Madonna still kicks ass.

:dramatic: I'm gunna go make cement vaginas now.. for my sculpture.

We really should enjoy the success of 4M. The next single might be lucky to hit 7 mil AI. lol

yeah, but I guess MADONNA and WBR is hopeful when she promotes the 2nd single maybe she'll get lucky... good luck to her...

i still wish 4 Minutes was properly promoted by her...

Ugh...I really want her to be #1 in the US. The success across Europe is nice but it's hardly a surprise. Madonna could record a track in which she reads out the phonebook and radios here would play it to death, just like radios in the US will play anything by Mooriah. It's frustrating how close she's been to #1...please let a miracle happen next week :americanlife: