4 Minutes/Hard Candy at US iTunes (part 2)

Guest Bad Robot

It takes away from her ICON status a bit if she's on Oprah and AI every other month like she's some fly-by-night American Idol winner or Mariah Carey.

She shouldn't do it every other month... but she should do something...

and that ICON status thing worked in the 90's/80's... times has changed... she's still an ICON... but I truly believe people nowdays has to work harder to stay on top... the music scene is so fast moving...

I thought artists wanted new fanbase too? and wanted to reach out to more people just than the regular fanbase?...

and nope... not everyone who likes her (except for the more hardcore fans) knows she has an album out...

Confessions did very well in the US and Madonna didn't do much for that, AND she had no radio support (which she has this time). I feel there is more awareness for this album than any since Music.

She shouldn't do it every other month... but she should do something...

and that ICON status thing worked in the 90's/80's... times has changed... she's still an ICON... but I truly believe people nowdays has to work harder to stay on top... the music scene is so fast moving...

With most money now in touring she is on top. The album will sell and if for some reason it doesn't, you'll see her get her ass on one of these shows.

Confessions did very well in the US and Madonna didn't do much for that, AND she had no radio support (which she has this time). I feel there is more awareness for this album than any since Music.

Well... at least she went on Letterman and TRL

and she actually performed on the Grammy Awards too... so she did something more than now...

the album did... well... consider the lack of radio support I guess well... but I wouldn't go and say it did very well... but everyone has different opinions on this...

I do feel the good vibe for this album though... but I strongly believe it could fair so much better if she did some effort to promote it herself too and not just rely on that good vibe thing...

With most money now in touring she is on top. The album will sell and if for some reason it doesn't, you'll see her get her ass on one of these shows.

yup! her tours kicks everyone's ass!

but...

I like her to be popular with new music too...

so... I'd day both is important... but new music gives at least me more than tours because seriously I can't afford to see her live...

Guest Danny86
Well... at least she went on Letterman and TRL

and she actually performed on the Grammy Awards too... so she did something more than now...

The first 2 were a month before the album release, those appearances hardly mattered regarding sales.

The Grammy was in February, how do you know she's not going to be on something like the VMA this year? But the Grammy didn't do much for sales anyway.

As for the icon status thing - Madonna still has it, especially with touring, and her name lets her albums to sell well. She's not Janet Jackson whose icon image was destroyed and would have had to do a lot more promo for "Feedback".

The first 2 were a month before the album release, those appearances hardly mattered regarding sales.

The Grammy was in February, how do you know she's not going to be on something like the VMA this year? But the Grammy didn't do much for sales anyway.

As for the icon status thing - Madonna still has it, especially with touring, and her name lets her albums to sell well. She's not Janet Jackson whose icon image was destroyed and would have had to do a lot more promo for "Feedback".

Offcourse she has ICON status...

but still... times changed...

she can't just rely on that 100%... she needs to do something to to keep that monumentum...

anyway we won't agree with eachother on this subject so it doesn't matter

4M holds on to #2, Bye Bye goes down to #18

4M took over the #1 slot on iTunes the morning of April 2 and spent just over 21 days there.

what is more amazing is that it is still showing no signs of letting up... she was overtaken by LEONA merely because of the IDOL push...

Bla Bla Bla.... maybe she is going to promote the album the weeks that follow the release to avoid any drastic decrease of the sales. 4 Minutes is a hit everywhere so first week sales is going to be massive around the globe. 4M is already the no. 1 song in the word and will still be by the release time so the task maybe is to promote the hell after the first week... who knows... but everyone should stop been so dramatic. She is the first one who needs to be concern because all eyes are in this last album as an indication of what is going to happen next and most of the time she´s right ..

"4 Minutes" by Madonna featuring Justin Timberlake returns to #1 on Hot Digital Songs, with sales of 202,000 downloads. This is the fifth straight week that the #1 song on that chart has registered more than 200,000 downloads. That's a new record.

Associated press & Yahoo news

"4 Minutes" by Madonna featuring Justin Timberlake returns to #1 on Hot Digital Songs, with sales of 202,000 downloads. This is the fifth straight week that the #1 song on that chart has registered more than 200,000 downloads. That's a new record.

Hope she returns with the album release

Guest marsha
She has a LIFE and other priorities, unlike Mariah Carey whose only goal is to score #1s.

Madonna is already focusing on the Malawi documentary and the tour. She can't be bothered to go to every single tv show (including AI) to promote her record. I think she only promoted Ray Of Light & American Life properly in the USA during the album launch anyway.

oh please, not the She has a life verset. she wouldn' tour if her main goal was to save africa, she'd go directly work with the red cross. sure, she's involved in malawi's project and she's interested in manyf things. but she could tell 3 words to Oprah and say hello to Ellen, that wouldn't ruined her private life. I'm quite sure she will do promo but to wait the schedule is stressing. She has a life but she cares about the #1, success and cash flow. I was surprised when said she almost cried when she learned CODF was #1 in US. She was married with two kids and could have ignore the futile info. She has a life but is obsessed by her career. she did Music's video when pregnant, was on VMEA's stage a few months after she broke her bones!!! I hope she's not too much obsessed by filmmaking and writting books (my darling can be so pretentious sometimes), and doesn't believe she can do a few clips on youtube because of the internet's revolution, so her fans will be happy. I'm not her dog, not Perez Hilton! ;-)

And still no #1 on BB.

horrible system!

Ok, she did perform HU on Grammy.

Wasn't that only 4 months after the album release???

Take it easy... she will do her promo, she is a master of marketing... why is everybody so worried about? Don't you trust her work and managing? I do ;)

LEONA/COWELL :shoot:

If this momentum continues until next week, MADONNA's ultimate peak will be #3, behind LEONA and LIL WAYNE...

CONGRATULATIONS M! You really did good in promoting it! :clap:

iTunesUS55.jpg

Well...........All I can say is I am thrilled that the magic of doing promo on Idol worked for Leona, but flopped for Mariah. Thats a plus.

we can take solace in that indeed... and I bet she is watching how LEONA is benefitting from it and not her...

advise to IDJ: monitor MARIAH 24/7

WOW!!!

Madonna must be crazy!!!!

4 Minutes performed by Madonna and Justin on American Idol is a guaranteed #1, like Leona.

Madonna has disappointed me so much this time!!!!

Can some american fan mail Liz now?????

WOW!!!

Madonna must be crazy!!!!

4 Minutes performed by Madonna and Justin on American Idol is a guaranteed #1, like Leona.

Madonna has disappointed me so much this time!!!!

Can some american fan mail Liz now?????

The bitch doesn't want to say anything about promo. :whore:

Guest harbors
yeah, and that French version isn't?

you're right. She did the French version and doesnt want to do the American's? That's stupid.