UK Charts - Dec 23 - Midweeks

Guest Hafo

Like Prayer sold much less than True Blue in USA and i consider it her most important album. I hope this sentences enlightens what i want to say. An album that delivers an image who people can recognize and singles that 18 years later people still know and remember, it's a success.

Like Prayer sold much less than True Blue in USA and i consider it her most important album. I hope this sentences enlightens what i want to say. An album that delivers an image who people can recognize and singles that 18 years later people still know and remember, it's a success.

So now you're comparing Like A Prayer to Let's Get To It. Like A Prayer wasn't as big a commerical hit as True Blue, but make NO mistake, it was a HUGE hit album and a gigantic leap forward in terms of Madonna's artistry.

Someone please call an ambulance for Karbatal quickly! He has finally FLIPPED.

Tonight's 10 Airplay chart

Look at Mimi go!!!! :shock:

01 02 Girls Aloud Call The Shots

02 01 Leona Lewis Bleeding Love

03 05 Mark Ronson feat Amy Winehouse Valerie

04 312 Mariah Carey All I Want For Christmas Is You

05 03 Sugababes Change

06 08 Scouting For Girls Elvis Ain't Dead

07 28 The Pogues feat Kirsty Maccoll Fairytale Of New York

08 04 Take That Rule The World

09 32 Wham! Last Christmas

10 15 Mika Relax Take It Easy

So now you're comparing Like A Prayer to Let's Get To It. Like A Prayer wasn't as big a commerical hit as True Blue, but make NO mistake, it was a HUGE hit album and a gigantic leap forward in terms of Madonna's artistry.

Someone please call an ambulance for Karbatal quickly! He has finally FLIPPED.

:manson: I don't like it when people twist my words. I was talking about Rhythm of Love and write an example so you could understand my point of view. I would never compare both albums and you have twisted my words so you can win the argument. Go, and win it. It's truly yours.

:manson: I don't like it when people twist my words. I was talking about Rhythm of Love and write an example so you could understand my point of view. I would never compare both albums and you have twisted my words so you can win the argument. Go, and win it. It's truly yours.

YAY!!! :D

Guest Beautiful Stranger

LAP is 4x Platinum in the US. Kylie's albums usually struggle to get much past Platinum in the UK.

Flop comparason and congrats on missing the point Karby.

DELIGHTED Girls Aloud have the #1 airplay song :D

Sales

SINGLES

275742 Leon Jackson

59680 Eva Cassidy & Katie Melua

30897 Leona

28419 Pogues

26785 Soulja Boy

21447 Mariah Carey (6)

18990 Take That (7)

18261 Mark Ronson (8)

17637 Girls Aloud (9)

17253 Timbaland (10)

ALBUMS

286000 Leona Lewis

220000 Westlife

156000 Michael Buble

Phil Collins deserves it. Some of his songs are classics!

I love the opening of Something Happened in he Way to Heaven. I would like that melody to sound in your pcs everytime i get in the forum.

YAY! I love him as well!

Rhythm of Love wasn't a big seller (following 2 big sellers), but over time the singles from it would become some of Kylie's best loved classics. Eventually important for her career and where she is today, but at the same time not much of a commercial success. So both arguments are valid.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

LAP is 4x Platinum in the US. Kylie's albums usually struggle to get much past Platinum in the UK.

Flop comparason and congrats on missing the point Karby.

He was comparing Madonna's OWN albums against each other NOT comparing Madonna's albums to Kylie's.

Talk about missing the point. :rolleyes:

Guest Beautiful Stranger

I see you continue to be hit hard by Kylie's continued floppage.

He was saying if Kylie's lower selling albums in the UK are flops then so was LAP in the US.

Difference is, as I already pointed out, LAP is *4x* Platinum in the US while Kylie's UK low-sellers struggle to get past Platinum or to Platinum at all.

He was saying if Kylie's lower selling albums in the UK are flops then so was LAP in the US.

Difference is, as I already pointed out, LAP is *4x* Platinum in the US while Kylie's UK low-sellers struggle to get past Platinum or to Platinum at all.

What he said was that LAP sold less than True Blue, but he considers it a more important album than True Blue. REGARDLESS OF SALES. In a similar way, Rhythm of Love sold less than Kylie's albums before it, but it has become the jewel of that period. REGARDLESS OF SALES. There was no comparison between Rhythm of Love and Like A Prayer, no saying that LAP flopped, etc. He really couldn't have been ANY MORE CLEAR.

Edited by Supernatural

What he said was that LAP sold less than True Blue, but he considers it a more important album than True Blue. REGARDLESS OF SALES. In a similar way, Rhythm of Love sold less than Kylie's albums before it, but it has become the jewel of that period. REGARDLESS OF SALES. There was no comparison between Rhythm of Love and Like A Prayer, no saying that LAP flopped, etc. He really couldn't have been ANY MORE CLEAR.

THANK YOU! :D

Next time i will use even more verbs and long sentences so my point of view is not missed. Get ready for a 3 paragraph thread only to say good morning.

More sales for last week, inc the much loved on this thread, Kylie:

"...A performance on the series finale of The X Factor helps Kylie Minogue’s new single Wow to make its debut at number 32, on sales of 6,250. The second single from 39 year old Minogue’s current album X, following the recent number four hit 2 Hearts, it increases her haul of Top 75 hits to 42, and is her 40th Top 40 entry. It will doubtless eventually become her 30th Top 10 hit. It also helps X, which moves 19-18 with sales up 53.9% week-on-week to 73,655. X has sold 267,551 copies to date"

Sales from MW - Cheers Robbie/Mikey

SINGLES

275742 Leon Jackson

59680 Eva Cassidy & Katie Melua

30897 Leona

28419 Pogues

26785 Soulja Boy

21447 Mariah Carey (6)

18990 Take That (7)

18261 Mark Ronson (8)

17637 Girls Aloud (9)

17253 Timbaland (10)

11912 Sugababes (13)

6250 Kylie Minogue - Wow (32)

3763 Nat King Cole (51)

3371 Bruce Springsteen (60)

3070 Cliff Richard (68)

2908 Aled Jones (72)

2853 Bing Crosby & David Bowie (73)

ALBUMS

268437 Leona Lewis

219852 Westlife

155899 Michael Buble

132376 Andrea Bocelli

119040 Eagles

116042 Led Zeppelin (6)

111434 Shayne Ward (7)

108971 Take That (8)

106212 Amy Winehouse - Deluxe Edition (9)

103587 Amy Winehouse (10)

101076 Whitney Houston (11)

73655 Kylie Minogue (18) - up 54%

16062 Josh Groban (58)

Also (especially for Queen Bitch), Ultimate Kylie is at no 129 this week on sales of around 9.5k.

Edited by aeroco

Al Kylieda are hoping her appearance on Dr Who and the Jools Holland show will save X :lol:

Doctor Who Will Help Shift X

Totally gobsmacked! My seven year old nephew has asked my sister for the X CD for christmas. He has never shown an interest before in Kylie. The reason he wants it: "She's in Doctor Who", he replied!!! Kylie knows exactly what she is doing, and I feel there is going to a very big demand for X come Boxing Day. She is now a part of Who mythology, and Doctor Who is the biggest TV show on UK TV. How many other kids, obsessed with Doctor Who, will be asking for X after Voyage Of The Damned on Christmas Day. Kylie's about to become a heroine in the eyes of all kids under the age of 10, and a few adults as well! Mark my words, X is gonna fly off the shelves after Christmas...

:doofus:

Totally gobsmacked! My seven year old nephew has asked my sister for the X CD for christmas. He has never shown an interest before in Kylie. The reason he wants it: "She's in Doctor Who", he replied!!! Kylie knows exactly what she is doing, and I feel there is going to a very big demand for X come Boxing Day. She is now a part of Who mythology, and Doctor Who is the biggest TV show on UK TV. How many other kids, obsessed with Doctor Who, will be asking for X after Voyage Of The Damned on Christmas Day. Kylie's about to become a heroine in the eyes of all kids under the age of 10, and a few adults as well! Mark my words, X is gonna fly off the shelves after Christmas...

:dramatic::dramatic::dramatic::dramatic:

How many other kids, obsessed with Doctor Who, will be asking for X after Voyage Of The Damned on Christmas Day. Kylie's about to become a heroine in the eyes of all kids under the age of 10, and a few adults as well! Mark my words, X is gonna fly off the shelves after Christmas...

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I am not sure which is funnier the fact that after ALL the PROMO Kylie has done she hasn't been able to stop X FLOPPING. Or the fact that the LOONS think somehow X will be saved by her Dr Who appearance. Which in itself is is more hilarious because she wont be singing a single fucking note. So people will rush out and buy X because of Kylies crappy acting?? :lmao::lmao:

Guest Topaz Scorpio

And I see you continue to hop on whatever stir-the-shit-bandwagon happens to be popular on the forum at the moment. Pathetic. :manson:

Guest Topaz Scorpio

EXACTLY! It was CRYSTAL CLEAR to all except for truly thick individuals.