UK Charts - Dec 23 - Midweeks

Guest Hafo

Guest FuckBuddy

Well, if we count Amy's special edition, she should def be number one.... It is so unfair sales are split between both editions just because a stupid chart rule.... It should apply to all special editions or none regardless on how many new songs are included!

Well, Amy is still selling quite well anyway, so lets hope there is some justice and she ends up in numero uno

neither is it fair for acts to release their last album with tons of extra tracks added just to make the fans buy it for the second time. if the artists and their record companies are eager to release new material, they can just pay for a new cover, find a new title, and there it is, a NEW album.

OUCH at the sugababes. following up a monster hit with a single that fails to reach top10 must be quite a let down for them.

a big :shock: at wow #22. i bet parlophone weren't expecting this. instead of promoting the album, they've actually managed to bring the release date for the single forward, or even cancel its physical release.

for those concerned: ultimate kylie was recently reported to have sold 930k+ copies. sales figures that mmmm has posted are more or less accurate.

oh, has MUMU evolved to a hit machine these days? next week i want LOVERBOY to make a triumphant re-entry.

neither is it fair for acts to release their last album with tons of extra tracks added just to make the fans buy it for the second time. if the artists and their record companies are eager to release new material, they can just pay for a new cover, find a new title, and there it is, a NEW album.

I agree with you ABSOLUTELY. But same rules for everyone. Take That released another special edition, and I think it should chart separately too, even if there is only one new track. The same goes for Justin and Beyonce....

:manson::manson: Stupid country!!!!! Classic singles, classic moment and you all were buying something stupid instead, something like Wet Wet Wet.

Around the time of Rhythm of Love, the Brits were all buying a greatest hits package by some 80s American singer....what was her name again? Mia Donna....? Something like that. I wonder whatever happened to her?! :doh:

Guest Growing Pains

something like:

kylie 2.1 million

enjoy yourself 1.2 million

rhythm of love 300k

let's get to it - no idea - 100k?

greatest hits - 150k

km 94 - 125k

impossible princess - no idea - 60k?

light years - 400k?

fever - 1.6 / 1.7 million

greatest hits 87-02 - 200k

body language - 400k

x - 200k + so far

Fever was 2.0/2.1M I thought, or am I wrong?

Uhmm, seeing those numbers, I see Kylie has only had 3 hit albums in the UK.

What was really funny was that TIC was released in 1990, spent 9 weeks at number one and was the biggest selling album of that year. Then in 1991, it was number 8 in the top albums of the year. In 1992, Kylie released her GH and it was number 70 in the year end chart, one place ahead of Madonna's two year old GH album. :chuckle:

Yes, you obviously read that on a Kylie forum - it's 5xplatinum which means there have been 1.5 million "shipped".

there was that list of the top 100 selling albums in the UK, compiled last year, and you know full well it has sold approaching 1.7 million copies... but go ahead, cause another 'stir' again.

Wednesday Update

SINGLES

1 Leon Jackson

2 Eva Cassidy & Katie Melua

3 Leona

4 Pogues

5 Mariah Carey

Top 10

Mark Ronson

Top 20

Sugababes

Michael Buble - Lost

Top 30

Kylie - WOW

Scouting For Girls

Malcolm Middleton

Top 40

Rihanna

Killers

Filo & Peri

Kate Nash

ALBUMS

1 Leona

2 Westlife

3 Michael Buble

Top 10

Katherine Jenkins

Top 15

Amy Winehouse (Deluxe edition)

Cascada

Paul Potts

Top 20

James Blunt

Kylie

Sugababes

Top 30

Celine Dion

Amy MacDonald

Katie Melua

Rihanna

---

Pogues have knocked off Mariah, and Kylie seems to be going down (!)

About why Amy is charting separately and Take That doesn't:

Non-simultaneous releases must share 80% of the tracks with the original release to be combined

Take That does, Amy doesn't .

Ultimate FLOP had yet to pass the 900k mark last I saw and it's not had any chart life since then so 950k is a major over estimation as are the others.

It regularly charts in the top200 but outside the top 75. Has been managing 3k a week for about month.

What was really funny was that TIC was released in 1990, spent 9 weeks at number one and was the biggest selling album of that year. Then in 1991, it was number 8 in the top albums of the year. In 1992, Kylie released her GH and it was number 70 in the year end chart, one place ahead of Madonna's two year old GH album. :chuckle:

TIC is the mother of all Greatest Hits albums. Nothing will ever come close to it again.

Looks like Kylie's X-Factor appearance did f*ck all for her album. As always, people are happy enough to buy a single by her, but not an album.

Bless.

Not true, it stopped the decline. Her sales are 30% higher than the same stage last week. Her sales were previously falling 25% each week.

Still, it is disappointing her numbers are not higher than they are, following the X Factor. As you say, she does relatively better with singles than albums historically with no change likely at the moment.

:rotfl:

It takes about 600 sales per week to get into the top 200, not 3k. :lmao:

Yes, but she is much higher than 200. UK sold 8k in November and has sold 8k so far in December.

Face it, this album is heading towards the million mark sooner than you think :lmao:

Edited by aeroco

Yes, but she is much higher than 200. UK sold 8k in November and has sold 8k so far in December.

Face it, this album is heading towards the million mark sooner than you think :lmao:

It's been out since 2004, in the mid-price range since early 2005 and its sales are combined with those of the DVD. She did loads of promo to support its release, has had two tours, both of which have been televised and repeated on any channel that will have it, plus she had a prime time ITV show where she performed her back catalogue. All this and it STILL hasn't managed to pass the 1 million sales mark in the UK. :rotfl:

Not true, it stopped the decline. Her sales are 30% higher than the same stage last week. Her sales were previously falling 25% each week.

Still, it is disappointing her numbers are not higher than they are, following the X Factor. As you say, she does relatively better with singles than albums historically with no change likely at the moment.

Everything is up this week - people panic buy and pick up what's nearest to hand because they think someone they ought to by a present for might like it. Fact is the album has had a MASSIVE launch with loads of promo and it'll be lucky to pass the 250k mark by the end of the year. :lmao:

*FLUSH* :queenbitch:

It's been out since 2004, in the mid-price range since early 2005 and its sales are combined with those of the DVD. She did loads of promo to support its release, has had two tours, both of which have been televised and repeated on any channel that will have it, plus she had a prime time ITV show where she performed her back catalogue. All this and it STILL hasn't managed to pass the 1 million sales mark in the UK. :rotfl:

Oh my good god, was that ever in doubt?

I replied with facts to your spurious post that UK was selling 600 only per week blah blah blah. I am not even interested in stating whether 1 million is FLOP, VERY LOW, LOW, AS EXPECTED, AMAZING, BEST GREATEST HITS DOUBLE ALBUM SALES EVER FOR AN AUSTRALIAN FEMALE SINGER WHO USED TO BE IN NEIGHBOURS AND HAD CANCER.