UK Charts - Nov 18 - Midweeks

markm

Guest FuckBuddy

i've pre-ordered all formats of kylie's single-which are yet to be delivered :grr: -and i get to do so with every madonna and kylie release. an artist's fanbase get to buy multiple formats cause they tend to collect items. most people here tend to do the same with every madonna release, so what's the fuss about? it's a given that popstars with a loyal fanbase enjoy strong first week sales on physicals because of this reason.

As if Kylie loons were the only ones to buy multiple copies...

I bought the cd 1, cd 2 and vinyl from Hollywood in London. And of course i went to different shops, so they were counted as one sell each. And surely mr. Johnnoxx and sir Queenbitch do the same.

Well I certainly don't. Buying the different formats I can understand. Making a point of going to separate shops - not in a million years.

Wednesday UPDATE

Singles

01 Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love

02 Kylie Minogue - 2 Hearts

03 Take That - Rule The World

04 Timbaland feat. One Republic - Apologize

05 Mark Ronson feat. Amy Winehouse

Top 10

Alicia Keys - No One

Elvis Presley - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me

Top 15

Rihanna feat. Ne*Yo - Hate That I Love You :shock:

Runrig & The Tartan Army - Loch Lomond

Lahayna - In The City (D)

Top 20

T2 feat Jodie - Heartbroken (D)

Blco Party - Flux (It be higher when Combined)

Top 30

(26) Spice Girls - Headlines (Friendship Never Ends) (D) :chuckle:

Amy Winehouse - Back To Back

Top 40

Nickelback - Rockstar

Darren Hayes - Me, Myself & I

Albums

01 Leona Lewis

02 Spice Girls

03 Westlife

04 Celine Dion

05 Led Zeppelin

Top 10

Killers

Andrea Bocelli

Cliff Richard

Top 15

David Gray

Craig David

Top 30

Beautiful South/The Housemartins

John Barrowman

Rolling Stones

Top 40

Seal

Wet Wet Wet

Guest FuckBuddy

the uk charts are quite a treat these days. was the rihanna single released on physicals this week? if so, then OUCH. serves her team well for not goin for don't stop the music as in the rest of europe.

seal's album i would have though of charting a bit higher after radio airplay and the daily mail free cd.

as for the spice girls...i really have no words, i'm so enjoying their route towards the low end of the top 40. :lmao: fingers crossed, next week will be even more entertaining.

Since the single is released next week, I have a small hunch Spice Girls will be moving in the opposite direction. :) Like Kylie, though, probably not No. 1. Neither KM or SG track is a marvel, though. And, neither is at their commercial peak nowadays.

Happy to see Valerie still holding up there. I love that song.

And regarding the Spice Girls.... well, we have to wait for next week, but it looks like isn't going to do well at all, even worse than Kylie.

Who is going to overtake Leona? Probably tne next X-factor winner?

Edited by franxisco66

I bet Al Kylieda will be bulk buying as many copies as they can!

In their minds it's really at #1 cause Leona is "just a talent show winner" they also think I Believe In You was #1 too as Band Aid "was a charity record."

Thursday Top 40 Update Only

Singles

01 Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love

02 Take That - Rule The World (17k - 38 copies ahead)

03 Kylie Minogue - 2 Hearts (17k)

04 Timbaland feat. One Republic - Apologize

05 Mark Ronson feat. Amy Winehouse

Top 10

Alicia Keys - No One

Bloc Party - Flux

Top 15

Elvis Presley - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me

Rihanna feat. Ne*Yo - Hate That I Love You

Runrig & The Tartan Army - Loch Lomond

Top 20

T2 feat. Jodie - Heartbroken (D)

Lahayna - In The City (D)

Top 30

(26) Spice Girls - Headlines (Friendship Never Ends)

Amy Winehouse - Back To Black

Top 40

Nickelback - Rockstar

===========================================

Albums

01 Leona Lewis 230k

02 Spice Girls 42.2k

03 Westlife 38.8k

04 Celine Dion

05 Led Zeppelin

Top 10

Killers

Andrea Bocelli

Take That

Cliff Richard

Top 15

David Gray

Craig David

Top 30

Beautiful South/The Housemartins

John Barrowman

Rolling Stones

Top 40

Seal

Wet Wet Wet

Guest Beautiful Stranger

She is FLOPPING badly, the Take That single has been out for weeks and she is still struggling for sales.

Poor TEAM KYLIE, they totally got it wrong.

Just like Xtina's "Aint No Other Man" getting stuck at #2 behind Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" eventhough it had been out for weeks and the album's re-release was already in stores. :lol:

Guest Beautiful Stranger

Why the nastiness? Surely everyone deserves to be successful in their chosen field? For everyone who hates the Spice Girls, there's someone who loves them (sounds like another artist we all know...!), so why try to deliberately insult and upset people?

Surely you mean, "For every person that likes the Spice Girls there are 100 people that think they all died 8 years ago."

Guest FuckBuddy

Surely you mean, "For every person that likes the Spice Girls there are 100 people that think they all died 8 years ago."

well, they're actually sort of dead, except for the skinny vampire that's drunk her husband's blood in order to remain relevant. only she failed to do so, but at least she can still get a front row seat at fashion week shows. i guess that's better to nothing.

Guest boytoyville

Given the massive amount of sell out dates in the UK let alone otehr places in the world I hardly think they went anywhere it seems. Clearly they have a big follwing.

so, (at this moment) it's appearing for what was expected, w/ the typical Kylie and Spice Girls chart/sales expectations, both these songs are medicore and/or bonafide flops......

Despite the fact that Kylie's song is CRAP, i'm still surprised that the sales are SO LOW given that it's available in three physical formats and a download. It's two week sales so far are less that those of Slow's mediocre first week sales. Obviously the limp wrised queens aren't as FAITHFUL as Team Kylie anticipated. :chuckle: