UK Charts - Nov 18 - Midweeks

markm

Oh, number 4 is horrible!

And I thought Britney was doing very well and she's plummeting! This autumn is being a disasster!

By they way, do you think that this 2 hearts fiasco will affect the album sales?

Guest AntiVirgin

if X bombs..pop Kylie is over !

She'll just tour, release an lp now and then for her fanbase and maybe she'll be freerer to experiement with the music.

:rotfl:

Oh this is so FUCKING GOOD after months of TEAM KYLIE and her LOONS assuming she'd BREEZE to NUMBER ONE one with her POST CANCER comeback. :lmao:

We've had:

Kylie's first post cancer single will be a GUARANTEED number 1 :lmao:

2 Farts is a GROWER :lmao:

The artwork is eyecathingly FABULOUS :lmao:

Kylie is a NATIONAL TREASURE in the UK :lmao:

All the HATERS can eat their words when 2 Farts hits number 1 :lmao:

And once things started looking doubtful:

It was NEVER going to be able to compete with the X Factor winner (in her third week) but number 2 is GOOD. :lmao:

I wonder what Team Kylie are doing today, now that they haven't got to feed the press with HYPE about how she's RECLAIMED her throne. :rotfl:

Prepare for single number 2 in early to mid-Janauary. :lmao:

It's wrong to GLOAT but.......

*FLUSH* :queenbitch:

If I was Parlophone, I'd be panicking slightly about the potential sales of "X". The poor debut of "2 Hearts" proves once again that Kylie may have a loyal fanbase, but it happens to be a very, very small one. I reckon "X" is heading for a debut position of around #4 or #5, but no higher. It'll fall rapidly too unless they get a decent track out there quickly.

Celine Dion fans are going through a similar phase I'm afraid. They are DENYING that the lower than expected charting positions for her new album are cause of CONCERN. I for one am shocked that she is not Top 3 in UK and US.

"We love the album nonetheless", fans burst. Well, love doesn't translate in high sales, dears :p

If I was Parlophone, I'd be panicking slightly about the potential sales of "X". The poor debut of "2 Hearts" proves once again that Kylie may have a loyal fanbase, but it happens to be a very, very small one. I reckon "X" is heading for a debut position of around #4 or #5, but no higher. It'll fall rapidly too unless they get a decent track out there quickly.

Do we know what the sales are? I mean it's in three physical formats, one of which is limited and collectable, plus it has two b-sides that aren't available elsewhere. American Life would have had two weeks at number 1 if Madonna used such strategies.

As I've said all along, Kylie has had her biggest success when the music scene has been shit; she can't compete with decent tunes in the charts.

Oh and :lmao: @ Ultimate FLOP not making the top 100 on the back of the Kylie Show.

Celine Dion fans are going through a similar phase I'm afraid. They are DENYING that the lower than expected charting positions for her new album are cause of CONCERN. I for one am shocked that she is not Top 3 in UK and US.

"We love the album nonetheless", fans burst. Well, love doesn't translate in high sales, dears :p

The best excuse I read for 2 Farts was "what can you expect when she's not doing any promo". :rotfl:

Oh and :lmao: @ Ultimate FLOP not making the top 100 on the back of the Kylie Show.

Yeah, that really is the most shocking thing about this whole affair. When you think that 4.8 MILLION people watched the show, yet practically NONE of them went out and bought "Ultimate Kylie" as a result.

DEAR OH DEAR.

Now that you mention it, it's funny we haven't heard of 2 Hearts's sales. I for one I'm quite curious to see the gap between the #2 to #5 songs...

Parlophone needs to keep the promotion up to the skies if they want the album to sell decently.

The Loons are ignoring the fact that she FLOPPED on the UK singles chart and are doing cartwheels over the fact she is no1 in Australia. Given that fact thats her home country you would expect her to do well there. How many copies did she sell in Australia? Does anyone know?

The Loons are ignoring the fact that she FLOPPED on the UK singles chart and are doing cartwheels over the fact she is no1 in Australia. Given that fact thats her home country you would expect her to do well there. How many copies did she sell in Australia? Does anyone know?

That means JACKSHIT, the UK market is what counts. :lol:

Oh we've got sales :horn:

SINGLES

74549 Leona Lewis

30220 Take That

28583 Timbaland

16787 Bloc Party (8)

15660 Runrig (9)

5900 Spice Girls (23)

4302 Lahayna (33)

3618 Led Zeppelin - STH (37)

2861 Snow Patrol (49)

1985 Led Zeppelin - WLL (64)

1793 Mariah Carey (78)

ALBUMS

375872 Leona Lewis

75787 Spice Girls

58009 Led Zeppelin (4)

55592 Celine Dion (5)

44200 Killers (7)

41767 Andrea Bocelli (8)

35293 Take That (9)

25647 Cliff Richard (13)

Still no idea about 2 Hearts, but it sold less than 28.5K for sure :shock:

Singles - Year to date

TW LW Artist Title Total Sales

1 1 Leona Lewis Bleeding love 563741

2 3 Rihanna feat Jay Z Umbrella 481035

3 2 Mika Grace Kelly 480120

4 4 Proclaimers ft Brian Potter and Andy Pipkin (I'm gonna be) 500 miles 333600

5 7 Timbaland feat D.O.E. and Keri Hilson The way I are 302845

6 5 The Fray How to save a life 302800

7 6 Kaiser Chiefs Ruby 300500

8 8 Beyonce & Shakira Beautiful liar 292875

9 9 Gwen Stefani/Akon Sweet escape 282415

10 11 Sugababes About you now 274600

11 10 Sean Kingston Beautiful girls 264485

12 12 Kate Nash Foundations 258210

13 14 Plain White T's Hey there Delilah 255165

14 13 Take That Shine 251780

15 15 Avril Lavigne Girlfriend 246840

16 16 Kanye West Stronger 241125

17 17 Timbaland ft Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake Give it to me 232720

19 18 Fergie Big girls don’t cry 227365

18 22 Take That Rule the world 224780

20 19 Just Jack Starz in their eyez 219500

Albums - Year to date

1 1 Amy Winehouse Back To Black

2 2 Mika Life In Cartoon Motion

3 3 Take That Beautiful World

4 4 Arctic Monkeys Favourite Worst Nightmare

5 5 Kaiser Chiefs Yours Truly Angry Mob

6 6 Snow Patrol Eyes Open

7 7 Nelly Furtado Loose

8 8 Justin Timberlake Futuresex/lovesounds

9 10 Mark Ronson Version

10 9 Cascada Everytime We Touch :confused:

11 11 James Morrison Undiscovered

12 12 The Fratellis Costello Music

13 15 Rihanna Good Girl Gone Bad

14 13 The Killers Sam's Town

15 N Leona Lewis Spirit

16 17 Timbaland Shock Value

17 14 Lily Allen Alright, Still

18 16 Paolo Nutini These Streets

19 18 Traveling Wilburys Collection

20 19 Kings of Leon Because Of The Times

oh, so few people bought they single!

OH, BAD TIMES ARE COMING! Although she has gone through MUCH more difficult times than this. Like when she sold nothing with Impossible Princess, and even with the poor sales of Let's Get To It.

I've just been lurking on a couple of Kylie forums.

I'm sure it will rise next week - let's all go out and buy it again. :lmao:

To think that the UK prefers an AGEING BOYBAND (all of whom are younger than the AGEING POP DOLLY) and a talent show winner over OUR KYLIE :lmao:

What can you expect when Kylie's release is OUTSIDE THE BOX (which box? the one Goldfrapp and then Rachel Stevens discarded a couple of years ago). :lmao:

I'm sure everyone is waiting for the album, this is Kylie we're talking about. :lmao:

I'm sure it's done better than OLD MADONNA'S comeback single will do :lmao:

Oh and can I just add that 2 Farts has had massive support from radio, despite the fact that it's shit.

*FLUSH* :queenbitch:

Just 0.5% of the total viewing audience for The Kylie Show actually bought "2 Hearts". :lmao:

there's a singer in Spain called Rosa, she won Pop Idol here, she's so beloved, she was part of Dancing With the Stars and won again, averybody loves her... but so few people buys her albums! :lol: I have a feeling that's what is going to happen to Kylie the older she gets.

Just 0.5% of the total viewing audience for The Kylie Show actually bought "2 Hearts". :lmao:

Oh dear considering ALL THE PROMOTION Kylie has done those figures are shocking.

I guess its back to the drawing board for TEAM KYLIE. The record company must be livid.

The whole project has been a MESS from start to finish. And time to fire Wilma Baker :lol:

I've just been lurking on a couple of Kylie forums.

I'm sure it will rise next week - let's all go out and buy it again.

:ohgoodgrief:

What can you expect when Kylie's release is OUTSIDE THE BOX (which box? the one Goldfrapp and then Rachel Stevens discarded a couple of years ago). :lmao:

:rotfl: