To my place and I am home
I am home

I want to let go of all disappointment that's waiting for me
What I want is to live forever
Not defined by time and space
It's a lonely place
That's what I want

[chorus, repeat and fade]

This song provides a somber yet hopeful close to the American Life album. There is a great mix of musical elements here: the acoustic guitar, the strings,and the electronic flourishes and stop/start rhythms that all somehow work together in a cohesive manner to bring the song together and create drama and interest throughout. Lyrically, to me it seems to be about letting go of all that holds you back and working hard to find and establish your place in the world. It works very well to wrap up the themes she explores on the album.

Favorite lyric: I want to let go of all disappointment that's waiting for me

Favorite vocal part : The final "I am home" in the chorus

Favorite musical part: The strings

One word that sums up this song: Peace

What do you think of this song?

My favorite song on AL. It easily stands the test of time.

The mix between the electronic beat and the strings is just perfect.

What a fucking great closer!!!

I love it! :inlove:

Love it... Always makes me very retrospective. It has sucha soothing quality to the musical arrangement and laid back vocals.. As AL is my favourite Madonna album, every song to me is is a different class.....

I love Easy Ride, it always feels like a perfect summary of American Life. M's final tracks are always good but Easy Ride builds up and up pulling everything from the rest of the album with it and then it like falls apart at the end with the skipping between the guitar and the strings and the electronics. It just feels so considered, and she sounds beautiful.

I can never get enough of the way M says the word "home"

oooooh very beautifull songs....it is almost a tradition to finish an album with nice ballad....and next album wont disapoint couse there are rumor about abels k. last song interventions. i m sure we ll get EASY RIDE nmb 2

I CAN'T believe some people don't love this song. Madonna herself said it was the hardest (and last?) song they did for the album and it shows. It's full of passion, emotion, honesty and features the best production in a Madonna song, period. The last minute of it is truly something special. As you can tell, I'm obsessed by it.

How to describe this song? Oh, I don't know, how about PERFECTION?

The fist time I listened to it I thought "Oh this is nice" until the first chorus came and I was floored :dramatic: I think I even paused the song to recover a little and then played it again, and again, and again...

Amazingness² :wow:

Her fantastic album closers! Musically interesting throughout and does sum up her strong feelings towards the rewards of putting effort into what you want. I don't doubt that she likes her lifestyle but the reward I think she is really talking about here is the reward of self respect and acheivement. It's much more satisfying and important than material rewards. The fact that it is on American Life is important as America seems to have forgotten how not to take an easy ride.

Her fantastic album closers! Musically interesting throughout and does sum up her strong feelings towards the rewards of putting effort into what you want. I don't doubt that she likes her lifestyle but the reward I think she is really talking about here is the reward of self respect and acheivement. It's much more satisfying and important than material rewards. The fact that it is on American Life is important as America seems to have forgotten how not to take an easy ride.

Amen to that Larkspur!