MADONNA SoundScan Sales- 2007/2008

HolidayGuy

Just when you thought it was over...

Hot Dance Single sales:

Jump is up 5 to #5 with a bullet, 27 weeks on.

GT re-enters at #7, 40 weeks on.

Hot Single Sales:

Jump re-enters at #35, 27 weeks on.

GT re-enters at #48, 37 weeks on.

Guest nothingfails0603

well, you can always cross your fingers that there'll be a special Confessions On A Dance Floor episode of Idol where each contestant picks a song from the album, I'm sure it might shoot up that week ;)

i hope there is - i dontthinkthe albuim has sold al it can in the usa.

well, you can always cross your fingers that there'll be a special Confessions On A Dance Floor episode of Idol where each contestant picks a song from the album, I'm sure it might shoot up that week ;)

fak, you are some dreamer, dude. :D

COADF is hanging on rather nicely, considering the lack of radio play and such. I mean, its weekly sales are more than those of 20 Y.O., which came out almost a year later.

I think it's safe to say there is no reason to compair 20 YO to Confession's. The albums are world apart regarding success although I do see how you could make a connection regarding time since release.

Dreaming is right regarding song from Confessions on American Idol. Also, I don't think the song Hey You will provide a spike for Confessions but the actual Live Earth concert itself will probably have an effect on her entire catalog but especially the albums from which she sings songs. I'm hoping for a 3 or 4 song set.

Guest boytoyville

I think it's safe to say there is no reason to compair 20 YO to Confession's. The albums are world apart regarding success although I do see how you could make a connection regarding time since release.

Dreaming is right regarding song from Confessions on American Idol. Also, I don't think the song Hey You will provide a spike for Confessions but the actual Live Earth concert itself will probably have an effect on her entire catalog but especially the albums from which she sings songs. I'm hoping for a 3 or 4 song set.

Yeah, I think she should do a call out to world leaders for ruining the earth. PLEASE DON"T SAY YOU ARE SORRY! Plus, we would see little spike in Confessions sales. hehe

Yeah, I think she should do a call out to world leaders for ruining the earth. PLEASE DON"T SAY YOU ARE SORRY! Plus, we would see little spike in Confessions sales. hehe

Seriously, the album is dead. It doesn't really matter how much it sells at this point. When it reaches 1.7 million or is certified 2x in the US then it's something to talk about but these 10% sales spikes that you people speak of are really next to nothing.

i daid idont think it has sold all it can.....i think theres a lot of sales missing...

fak, you are some dreamer, dude. :D

COADF is hanging on rather nicely, considering the lack of radio play and such. I mean, its weekly sales are more than those of 20 Y.O., which came out almost a year later.

Of course it's not much- but it is notable that the album continues to do around 1K/week, and the sales will be reported as long as we get em- of course.

I didn't say not to report them. As far as I'm concerned ever unit counts. But, to talk about sales spikes and a sales increase is silly at this point. Nothing she does is going to make an impact of any kind regarding sales. People talk about sales increases like it's going to enter the Billboard 200 again or something. The album is dead in terms of anything significant.

W/E 5/20/07

Things remain pretty stable this week, with the 17 albums/EPs scanning 3,468 units, down .9% from last week (though a handful of titles do see decent percentage bumps). GHV2 drops below 200 units- put it out to pasture, I say. :) Who’s That Girl soundtrack scanned 19 units, up from 17 last week.

1. The Immaculate Collection: 1,733 (-4%)

2. Like a Virgin: 443 (-2%)

3. Ray of Light: 235 (+28%)

4. GHV2: 191 (-14%)

5. Madonna: 157 (+20%)

6. The Immaculate Collection (Video): 138 (+7%)

7. True Blue: 111 (+13%)

8. Something to Remember: 94 (-125%)

9. Erotica: 88 (+40%)

10. Girlie Show: 78 (+5%)

11. Music: 74 (-3%)

12. Ciao Italia: 73 (-9%)

12. Like a Prayer: 71 (+3%)

13. American Life: 60 (+15%)

14. Bedtime Stories: 49 (+32%)

15. You Can Dance: 46 (+24%)

16. The Video Collection: 93:99: 45 (+5%)

17. Drowned World Tour: 43 (-2%)

18. Remixed & Revisited: 38 (+12%)

19. I'm Breathless: 32 (+7%)

20. Evita: 27 (-37%)

21. Hollywood: 20 (-9%)

COADF-Era Sales Info

Notes: COADF keeps chugging along...

Confessions on a Dance Floor: 1,175 (+14%)- 1,629,859 cume

I’m Going to Tell You a Secret: 95 (-34%)

Jump: 79 (-23%)

Sorry: 50 (-2%)

Get Together: 48 (-36%)

Hung Up: 38 (+3%)

Guest nothingfails0603

one boost for the older albums (plus Bedtime Stories)is that right now FYE is having a special where all regularly priced cd's up to $14.99 are on sale for 9.99 until next Tuesday. Looks like the sale has helped some of the older studio albums just a hair and will likely do so this week as well. I know at least True Blue, Like A Prayer and Bedtime Stories are all ones that FYE sells that regularly cost 14.99 or less, I haven't seen IB or WTG in store in a long time so it probably won't do much for those.

Guest nothingfails0603

FYE is SO overpriced, I'm surprised any Madonna albums would cost that little.

what I loathe about that place is that they charge $18.99 list for albums that list for 13.99

Guest gyllenhaalic

^ yea,but i got most of my Madonna albums there for cheap cause they were USED,and i cant think of any other store that sells used cd's

Guest Beautiful Stranger

fye is a great place though, they have all kinds of stuff that few other places sell, and its just a cool store.

COADF is on sale at Virgin for $10, the times square store has stacks on a display table. TIC GHV2 and ROL are also $10.

At the Times Square store, they had a COADF display with 110 copies of the CD.

GHV2 is not on sale for $10.