Tour rumours/preparations

Nikki

I don't know why but I feel it's gonna be kind of slower show, not so many dance routines, something more intimate, the stage is smaller, but I am ok with it. I don't want so many ballads because people will start to get bored, but hearing classics like these it would be heaven on earth for us.

On the Howard Stern Show when he said he might come to the concert or something, she said, "you should have come to the last one." I kinda took that to mean that Rebel Heart may not be as big of a spectacle as MDNA. But, that's probably the meaning that I was seeking.

Having said that; It may be a good idea (not that I'd know) to have a "fun" upbeat show given the fact that LFL and Ghosttown were overlooked, yet BIM is so popular with peeps. Even the name RH sounds more "intimate" than MDNA which basically is a party drug.

Why are people thinking there won't be as much spectacle? I think you take her word too literally. Every single tour she's done post BAT has had spectacle.

"Intimate" does not necessarily have to mean 'little spectacle'. DWT had a special "intimacy" to it, as did parts of RIT, and even TGS. There was still plenty of spectacle.

Also, with a stage that has a crucifix catwalk with a heart at the end that goes damn near to the front-of-house sound booth in the back pretty much screams some spectacle is on the way.

She has much better dance songs than Ub and holy water.....i don't understand all the love for these 2 songs

Because some people would actually like to see some of the new songs live? Holy Water and Unapologetic Bitch are not dance songs but they have the potential to give us some great tour visuals.

Also, as I said many times already those more "vulgär" songs are a necessary part of the RH theme and therefore should be part of the tour as wellI.

Regarding my setlist:

I think the first section will be a tribute to early 80's NYC Madonna, a rising star throwing a huge party lol. I still think Illuminati could work as opener but who knows lol...

The second section will be war and apocalypse themed with Madonna dressed as a punky Tank Girl.

Section #3 will be the intimate section with Madonna on a "road trip" in her Trick or old car, something like that.

Section #4 will be sexual and religious featuring pole dancers dressed as nuns and gay monks making out. The section will be closed with Madonna's religious redemption during DP/LAP.

The final section will be the grand theatrical finale and will be heavily inspired by Evita, Latin culture and mythology.

As much as the hardcore fans want performances of this obscure track or this minor hit from 20 years ago, the truth is: we will be there no matter what she decides to perform, but the general public or casual fan isn't necessarily going to fork out huge wads of cash to hear tracks they just don't know.

I've been to shows where I've overheard people saying things like 'yeah it was good but there wasn't many old songs' or things to that effect afterwards.

If the tour isn't selling out (I've no idea if it is or it isn't) then she does need to focus on the older stuff to pack the shows out I guess. That will reconnect her to the public. Music makes the people come together!

So Like A Virgin, la Isla bonita, into the groove... They NEED to be there! So does LAP and Vogue and Holiday and Music and ROL and Hung Up.

Say if I went to a Cher concert and she didn't do If I Could Turn Back Time, Believe, The Shoop Shoop Song etc I'd be disappointed! (I'm not comparing Cher to Madonna, by the way.)

It's fine to devote half of the setlist to the latest album IF the album has been a huge success and has had hit singles. CT worked brilliantly because the album was a HUGE, had 2 huge singles and connected with the public.

People that went to the shows were familiar with most of the songs and there were no complaints only 8 songs out 22 were hits but it worked . A lot of the MDNA setlist was tracks that the general public werent familiar hence the complaints. We need to be realistic, the general public make up a large proportion of the crowd if the album and singles haven't been well recieved they will want to hear the hits especially when they are charging top dollar. I predict a RIT type setlist.

MDNA was dark and I believe RH will be full of starlight starbright! Lol And people will be familiar with LFL, Ghostown and BiM which got great reception when she performed them on shows.

I hear what Markm says but Confession did get complaints like she didn't play more old stuff bla bla bla so she will always get complaints from people who are stuck in the 80's.

Of all the amazing songs found on RH, why she had to sing the song that I like least on the record (Holy Water)? Sigh. :dazed:

Deal with it!!!!! Lol

MDNA was dark and I believe RH will be full of starlight starbright! Lol And people will be familiar with LFL, Ghostown and BiM which got great reception when she performed them on shows.

I hear what Markm says but Confession did get complaints like she didn't play more old stuff bla bla bla so she will always get complaints from people who are stuck in the 80's.

Oh I didn't hear any complaints at CT and I went to 4 shows.

Deal with it!!!!! Lol

I Know. Maybe the performance will make me forget the song, even like it (as happened with Candy Shop - MDNA Tour and Spanish Lesson - S & S) :wink:

She is not gonna do a GH Tour and you whiners and the fucking casual fans, who should know better are gonna have to deal with it!

Rebel Heart wasn't big but it was critically acclaimed and it has better material than her previous two albums. The album itself is very dear to her too and she is passionate about. I can't see her ignoring it bar 7 song on this concert to please casual fans. There will be sing along moments and if not...who cares? DWT had two classics in total and it was still a spectacle. MDNA didn't have too many big hits either and it was still slick-ass show and ppl loved it.

Guest Rachelle of London

Fans loved it. Others not so much. A balance of old and new will be fab. I don't see why her older songs are looked down so much same with the new. They're all fab!!!!

Fans loved it. Others not so much. A balance of old and new will be fab. I don't see why her older songs are looked down so much same with the new. They're all fab!!!!

yeah.. what's with that? casual fans or curious "fans" want the hits but big fans don't? I'm sure everyone loves the big hits. thats why a lot of us have become fans in the first place. maybe not always go for the typical "lap, hung up, music la isla" but if she takes let's say 2 of those songs and a few like open your heart & who's that girl and burning up - a lot of casual fans know those. same with rescue me. (hey, it's on the Immaculate collection so the casuals KNOW IT :p) then add some of the best songs of rebel heart (let's say about 8 or so, maybe she can add another one sometime like with MDNA for love spent) and I think we'll have a great setlist for casual & big fan. I've also never heard any fans complain about RIT being a "greatest hits tour". everyone loved it. only saw people complain on forums..

i mean.. don't get me wrong, I love rebel heart :) especially the ballads & mid tempo's. so I hope she plays a lot of it.

but I think its better she takes a few big hits instead of songs like revolver or heartbeat or candy shop :)

REBEL HEART is a masterpiece, but I was hoping she wouldn't perform HOLY WATER.

that song is my least fav. but that's ok, ill just use it as an intermission and go get a hot dog :s377:

I think Madonna will always be criticesed for her setlist, no matter what she does.

If she sings oldies, many will complain that their favorite oldie was not included or they will complain that M did not do the original version. Or that she only did a shorter version, e.g. PDP @ MDNA , or only mash-ups.

Of course I have my own wishes too, like Take a bow, American Life, Impressive Instant, Inside of my, I want you, Easy Ride etc etc.

but I am always happy what she has done. I really like her creativity and how she changes the music just like Candy Shop @ MDNA, and I hope we will get Candy Shop RH-version :D

Maybe the only tour I would complain is RT, I liked the first and the last segment, the rest was not so my pleasure. But nevertheless I was happy to spent my 2 hours with the Queen <3

She is not gonna do a GH Tour and you whiners and the fucking casual fans, who should know better are gonna have to deal with it!

Rebel Heart wasn't big but it was critically acclaimed and it has better material than her previous two albums. The album itself is very dear to her too and she is passionate about. I can't see her ignoring it bar 7 song on this concert to please casual fans. There will be sing along moments and if not...who cares? DWT had two classics in total and it was still a spectacle. MDNA didn't have too many big hits either and it was still slick-ass show and ppl loved it.

This thread :lmao: The irony of you calling people whiners and swearing when you are the most fussy and aggressive person on this thread. You seem to continually miss the point people here are making. Apart from a few that don't like a certain song, I don't think any fan does not want to hear new songs or less performed hits. They simply are pointing out that the GP and casual fans who fork out huge money for concerts, want to hear huge hits as well. That is the key part - AS WELL. No-one is saying the concert should be all old hits - just some of them to be played for audience atmosphere. Plus, Madonna's hits are brilliant - nothing to be ashamed or bored or. Having a few big hits that everyone knows being played, does not stop Madonna performing many many new songs as well. I also don't understand why Madonna fans seem ashamed or bored of her hits songs. Do Prince fans say " I hope he does not play When doves cry" or fans of Beyonce say " I hope she does not perform Crazy in love or Single ladies"

I for one am glad that we can't expect the same "classics" every tour. I think that would be rather boring to always know we are getting the same 10 songs and then the rest new tracks. Re-invented or not, it's still the same song. So, I'm fine with there being no "staples" - especially for those of us who go to every tour.

Madonna has so many hit songs and "classics" that she could never do them all, so someone's favorite is bound to be overlooked on any given tour. It's just not possible for her to do them all - does anyone really want 60 seconds of each hit all mashed together? Maybe a few, but a whole show of clips? - also, Madonna does themes and doesn't just throw songs into the list and perform them.

One of the things we always talk about is that Madonna doesn't repeat herself, well, she has so many hit songs she really doesn't have to repeat much but she does with certain tracks. With the hints were getting about the Rebel Heart tour, it seems that things might be changing and those hits she hasn't done in years are finally going to see the light of day again and it's just so refreshing!! I'm really thrilled if what Madonna has been posing is really a good indicator of the selections that are being made. I LOVE "Express Yourself", "Vogue" and "Like a Prayer" but if she skips these for "True Blue", "Dress You Up", and "Deeper and Deeper" I certainly would be perfectly fine with this and love the change being made!

Now, that said, speaking for people who haven't seen her at all, or maybe only once in their lives, I can understand wanting those "staples" to be included - either way, I won't be complaining about the choices that are made - I will certainly not complain if she does "Vogue" again - I'm here for "Vogue" on every tour! haha.

There's just no way we can all be satisfied because even if she did 15 old songs and only 5 RH songs a lot of us would be disappointed because we love RH.

I can say that I am REALLY looking forward to this tour though.

Edited by UnapologeticRebel

.........does anyone really want 60 seconds of each hit all mashed together? ........

I get what you're saying. But, the Material Girl sample in GGW on MDNA is one the greatest artistic achievements ever!