New album update: Madonna posts lyrics from new song, "Messiah"

I hope I don't offend anyone here but I'm gutted that it's looking like Disclosure aren't gonna be on this record. Love them

I'm offended. As I said before: Calm your tits.

;)

Well they just said they haven't made any music as of yet, it doesn't mean it's not happening. Perhaps the "hmmm" was because the interviewer said it's a shame they're not working with her when in fact they are? And just haven't started yet?

Guest whatatramp

I hope I don't offend anyone here but I'm gutted that it's looking like Disclosure aren't gonna be on this record. Love them

+1

I'm actually not that excited at the minute, not because I don't think it's going to be good, but I'm just not used to hearing stuff about a madonna album whilst it's being made and I find the process of waiting and speculating over everything boring and no shade obviously other people find this part between albums absolutely enthralling and that's fine

I only get really excited nearer the time when I know the date or see the artwork :wacko:

+1

I'm actually not that excited at the minute, not because I don't think it's going to be good, but I'm just not used to hearing stuff about a madonna album whilst it's being made and I find the process of waiting and speculating over everything boring and no shade obviously other people find this part between albums absolutely enthralling and that's fine

I only get really excited nearer the time when I know the date or see the artwork :wacko:

I kinda agree with you on this.

It's ok if people like to speculate and give their opinion about rumours and what we read everywhere. But it's just not my cup of tea. I think it kills the momentum.

I miss the good old days when we didn't get as much information and we were all so thrilled when the album came out. It was pure joy. We'll never feel anything like this anymore.

I honestly don't think we know that much. Back in the warner days, we would have has definite song titles, descriptions of the songs, possible single choices.

I've already said it before and I'm gonna say it again...

I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED ABOUT THIS ALBUM! My dream producer for M is actually working with her and she's having a lot of fun and seems to be very passionate about it, which is ALWAYS a good sign when it comes to her recording process and you all should know that!

I also recall @, which I officially crowned the queen bitch of this forum, being here for Diplo before it was announced they're working together as well. So you should all leave her alone! As excited as I am about this album I have to admit that I'm still a bit worried, because we all know that her last two albums spawned a few of her worst songs ever and you never know if that's going to be the case again or if she's going to create another COADF/Music/ROL. With excitement there is also a bit of worry and that's normal. So, I guess I understand what chelle meant.

Anyway the fact that some people here have worries of Diplo being a bitch to M if the album flops is completely uncalled for and should not be a point of discussion at this time.

I was disappointed with Disclosure not being included at first, but I think they've already peaked with "Latch".

Besides, knowing Diplo was behind "Too Close" is great news, and I already loved "Paper Planes", this is much more exciting than any of the rumors for Hard Candy or MDNA.

I would be excited about Pharell NOW, it's too bad they didn't really do anything great together.

The snippet sounds promising!

I don't give af who M works with by the way. She always brings her creative sensibilities and talents to whatever project she's involved in. She's the main component here so it doesn't matter who she works with. I'm not worried. I have never been disappointed with any album of hers.

I believe her new material will also be great! I can't wait

I'm excited!!!

I don't think the Disclosure "Hmmm" comment is special in anyway. They are a very young band and they might think that working with Madonna would be too big a challenge/risk. I think they may just be trying to forge their own identity and avoid labels. They may not even like her music. Not everyone wants to work with Madonna.

So Disclosure confirmed AGAIN in a new interview that they did NOT work with Madonna on any MUSIC.

http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/20650/1/disclosure-gain-momentum

Not sure I like their "hmm" reaction when the interviewer says that it's a shame that they are not working with her. Maybe I'm reading too much into it though. :laugh:

I would have loved to see them working on one or two tracks together but it's probably for the best because, let's face it, when Madonna did this 90s house thing, they weren't even born. Why should she go back to that sound when there's so much more to explore.

It is hard to prescribe an emotion to that "Hmmmmm...." but when coupled with "as of yet" it gives me the impression that it may yet happen. Perhaps after their tour is over.

If Madonna is going to continue working with Diplo at the end of July and possibly Disclosure after that, I certainly wonder when this album is going to truly be done. Nearly all her fall releases were mastered and mixed by mid-to-late summer.

Guest bluejean

I think it's impossible to analyze their "hmm" response without hearing the tone. It good have been an agreeing "hmm" or it could have been something less positive. It's impossible to know.

Guest bluejean

And yes I'd love to hear them work with her. Aviccii and Diplo don't excite me that much. Not that I'm not expecting to enjoy the album but I am just not huge on either of their work that I've heard so far.

Say wha?! Imagine if Hard Candy only had Timbaland tracks! :shock:

I agree, I like Pharell's work much better. But it's not on the level of "Happy" or "Sing" by Ed Sheeran (which I just found out Pharell produced as well).

I don't think the Disclosure "Hmmm" comment is special in anyway. They are a very young band and they might think that working with Madonna would be too big a challenge/risk. I think they may just be trying to forge their own identity and avoid labels. They may not even like her music. Not everyone wants to work with Madonna.

Probably.

That's the problem, when they are getting offers from everybody, they are going to go with ones who can make them the most money/get the most radio play, etc.

And I think Pharrell is the first producer who's ever gotten bigger after working with her. Usually it doesn't seem to be a good career move.

Guest Rachelle of London

Yeah but Pharrell was already an established name before working with M. Usually she works with people that aren't household names and then she works with them and they become big, so it's hard to top.

Guest bluejean

Probably.

That's the problem, when they are getting offers from everybody, they are going to go with ones who can make them the most money/get the most radio play, etc.

And I think Pharrell is the first producer who's ever gotten bigger after working with her. Usually it doesn't seem to be a good career move.

He has not gotten bigger since working with her.

He was a massive producer/songwriter long before working with Madonna. He was past his peak when he worked with Madonna. He has had a recent resurge as a producer and is also having his biggest success ever as a solo artist. It's nothing to do with Madonna.