New album thread: "official" information. UPDATE: Diplo tweets about "hot" songs

Let's not forget Orbit thought that Britney Jean would be record of the year and prove Britney is a real artist blah blah that it was so good blah blah and also that the supposedly best tracks he had for Mdna went to Chris Brown awful album....

Seriously. Since when we take what artists/producers/etc. say about their own work or people they work with seriously? They're all blowing smoke up each other's (and their own) asses.

If that HN remix situation is correct you can bet the remixer who asked for new vocals was David Morales. Madonna might have picked him for his knack of transforming rnb tinged tracks into proper stompers. He has used adlib and brand new vocals on some of remixes.

Yeah all of Mariah's remixes with David featured re-recorded vocals. It's too bad she didn't do it. I hate when vocals are sped up and all of the BS remixes are perfect examples of why. I find it hard to believe she "hung up" on him unless he was a dick about it? She's re-recorded vocals several times over the years.

Speaking of which, did she re-record the vocals for the "Waiting" remix? I can never tell, but they sound slightly different.

It may be "amazing" for what it is...(cheap, retrograde Massive/Tortoise/DJ Shadow imitation without the musicality) But is it Madonna? Hell no. Which is where Madonna's pop sensibility and command of melody really need to come into play. This is assuming she's even doing any more than one or two songs with him, as we still know basically nothing.

What are you going on about? Read the thread.The people not particularly thrilled about Duplo have already being saying so.. long before Orbit's comment.

I have read the thread. Everyone might be an exaggeration, but I'm positive that bigger share of the members liked that she is working with Diplo. Check this thread, if you don't believe. http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=46599

Therefore I believe that many members turned against Diplo now after Orbit's comment. Anyway, there's nothing we can do about it, but I don't think we should be afraid of the material Diplo is producing.

Edited by DanM

she said Cherish was retarded...

and... into the groove.

Look it up

Did you have the sense that those two songs would become such huge hits?

No. They just resonated with me. I've never been a good judge of what things are going to be huge or not. The songs that I think are the most retarded songs I've written, like "Cherish" and "Sorry," a pretty big hit off my last album, end up being the biggest hits. "Into the Groove" is another song I feel retarded singing, but everybody seems to like it.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/madonna-looks-back-the-rolling-stone-interview-20091029#ixzz35EBCsAdp

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

inwuma.jpg

I enjoyed his work with Madonna very much. She should have enlisted him for MDNA. I'm still open to the idea of them working together.

I've read that the V article states that her album will be influenced by her artforfreedom project.

From that I envision mututure and mid tempo music with universal appeal. Avicii and Diplo could do magic with their diverse and unique styles but will the album be a " dance " revolution?

I want Cherish on the next tour!!!!

Me too. I have been listening a lot this song lately.

I had no problem with Celebration or Broken. I think Celebration has the edge over Broken and think it was the better single choice. Paul Oakenfold is a great remixer but I wouldn't want a whole album with him. I've never been a big fan of AL and thought at the time it might have been good if Paul and Stuart had been allowed to mix the album to make it less bland. As I see it Paul (and Stuart) understand Madonna and work well with her.

But this Diplo man? Jeez not one of these clips sound good.

:nervous:

How can you say Diplo is not good? Revolution is one of the best tune i have heard in a while. Ground breaking production and an inspiring message.. that's what Madonna's looking for!

Generic/boring.

well, well the bitching seems to start even before album is released..

The bitching always starts before the album is even recorded.

Didn't know she felt like a retard singing INto The Groove. hahaha.

She said during the recording of ROL that she couldn't imagine singing the old stuff, then she added "Maybe ITG, but not MG or LAV."

Cheers! Nice forum here. I like Diplo too. Revolution could have been better with someone else singing though.

Diplo has done some great work with many major pop stars. Check out all the songs he produced on wiki.

Broken is my favorite unreleased track. "No pain no game... no dirty business no forgiveness..." I sing my heart out to this part!!

^ We don't need reminders that Madonna has really shit taste in DJ collaborators thanks :bad:

My god you really hate the guy don't you?

Jesus

My fave track by diplo is elastic heart. Listen because it's awfully good.