New album thread: "official" information. UPDATE: Diplo tweets about "hot" songs

Madonna said in a tv interview on 8 June 2005 that her upcoming album would be released in late October or early November. By then, all songs on the album had been recorded, but not yet mixed.

The exact release dates of both "Hung Up" and the album were officially announced on 4 August.

For both Hard Candy and MDNA, the release dates were announced two months before the albums were released.

Thank you :)

I'm not sure that recording 11 songs with avicii would be considered limited. She just started the process with doing her work with him upfront and is presumably finishing the process with diplo at the end.

yeah but they only met for a few days it seems in studio

seems like a very punctual work

I'm not sure that recording 11 songs with avicii would be considered limited. She just started the process with doing her work with him upfront and is presumably finishing the process with diplo at the end.

I sounds more like they did a songwriting camp with Aviccii, NK, Mozella-S1, etc. taking those demos further with diplo producing, most likely writing further songs with Diplo.

We shall see.

I'm feeling a fall release, too.

All I would like to see is a more organized release strategy, none of the "Guy O said from the triangle..." And "We're not sure what or how we're going to choose the next single..." Etc.

Not necessarily for charting or sales, but to have the feeling of a real era. I loved the MDNA era, and if this album continues the "it's all about the show" marketing, its fine with me.

But a bit more cohesion from singles to album to tour would be lovely. :-)

Awww I'm glad you like it :) Here is another one sampling 4 Minutes:

I love how these deep house tracks incorporate M's vocals even if they are almost unrecognizable :lol:

Thank you again !

She said in an interview that she let a rabbi choose Frozen as the lead single for Ray of Light.

For some reason I always thought M wanted Frozen, and the label was pushing for Ray of Light. I guess I just got it switched around (checks the nightshade collection....)

Source?

July 18: According to insiders, radio programmers want Madonna to release “Don’t Stop” as a single, however, Madonna has refused and is insisting they play the album’s official new release “Human Nature.” However, the people at Maverick have instructed programming directors to go ahead and play “Don’t Stop” instead of “Human Nature” if it fits their demographic better. Sources at Maverick also say that the “Human Nature” remixes were late for release because the original remixer had phoned Madonna and asked her to re-record her vocals on the track for a more dance-able version and she hung up on him. The record company then scrambled to find new DJs to remix the track.

It’s clear that Madonna and Warner Bros. (under new management since Mo Ostin left last year) have been clearly at odds over the marketing of the album since its release. Madonna had originally wanted “Bedtime Story” to be the lead single and video (hence the early production of the clip which began in August 1994), however WB flat-out refused and demanded that she release “Secret.” Radio has also been mixed in its support of the album. Many have complained that “Bedtime Story” and “Human Nature” are not good songs for radio and scored poorly in audience response call-out.

^ Still unclear what the source is. You just cut and pasted. Anyway, I'm sure it's possible that M wanted BS to be the first single, as I've always suspected that the album Madonna really wanted to make at that time was more dance/electronic like Bjork's album, but it still seems rather odd. Why jump on the R&B bandwagon and record an entire album of R&B only to release the ONE house/electronic track as the first single? And I highly doubt WB "flat-out refused" or "demanded" anything. This story doesn't jibe with what Madonna herself has said about choosing singles, which is that she's not always sure and relies on her friends and record label execs to help her decide. I'm sure it's a democratic process, which makes this story even less credible to me.

^ Still unclear what the source is. You just cut and pasted. Anyway, I'm sure it's possible that M wanted BS to be the first single, as I've always suspected that the album Madonna really wanted to make at that time was more dance/electronic like Bjork's album, but it still seems rather odd. Why jump on the R&B bandwagon and record an entire album of R&B only to release the ONE house/electronic track as the first single? And I highly doubt WB "flat-out refused" or "demanded" anything. This story doesn't jibe with what Madonna herself has said about choosing singles, which is that she's not always sure and relies on her friends and record label execs to help her decide. I'm sure it's a democratic process, which makes this story even less credible to me.

If it is from the Genesis thread then it is likely the source was the old MLVC mailing list which had a lot of good insider stuff. I realize that isn't exactly solid, but I do believe that ICON interview with the storyboard artist from the "Rain" and "Bedtime Story" videos (Grant Shaffer) indicated that they started production of the "Bedtime Story" video in early August 1994 - before the "Secret" video was even shot yet.

That does at least corroborate the idea that Madonna wanted to have a different lead single. Why else would she start video production for a single before "Secret" or "Take A Bow"?

Also, Madonna may have chosen to lead with a weird, electronic track because she obviously loved the stuff Nellee did at the end of the album and was most excited about him - and she worked with even more after that on "I Want You" and had intended to bring him in for Ray of Light before their professional split. It may not jibe with the rest of the R&B setlist, but Madonna is often known for going after the stuff that makes her blood boil with excitement.

I agree her single choices may be a democratic process, but at the end of the day if she was able to just do what she wants we'd have "Candy Shop" opening the HC era and "Impressive Instant" would've been a single. Right? Someone must have some kind of power to stop her.

He sounds thrilled! :D

Let's hear what you really have to say William :1251:

I bet he's a bit sad he wasn't brought back to work on the new album.

It's not like "Don't Stop" got notable airplay, though, as it never appeared on any airplay chart). I did hear it on a local station back in the day, though). BS and HN were not the best radio singles, but I don't think anyone's upset that they were released, as we would not have gotten those great videos. I recall BS was slated as the second single (per ICON), but it was a good choice to go with TAB.

What's Orbit supposed to be, over the moon on a project he's not working on? His comment is fine.

Heard some of Madonna's new album. Sounds good

----

From his facebook account

To be honest I feel a bit bad for him, because this time Madonna takes her time to work on the album and that's exactly what Orbit missed on MDNA, but I'm glad he is not on the album.

To be honest I feel a bit bad for him, because this time Madonna takes her time to work on the album and that's exactly what Orbit missed on MDNA, but I'm glad he is not on the album.

Why? Wouldn't you want another "Beautiful Stranger" rehash?

BS->Amazing->Im a Sinner

Guest Rachelle of London

I genuinely think he wouldn't of said anything if it was bad. If William didn't say what he said about M rushing MDNA we wouldn't be speculating about that statement

Oh won't you shut up just for once? You're so fucking annoying.

I'm glad William said good to be honest.

do you remember when he said that mdna was some of the best stuff she had worked on in age's? Then it got turned round that it was rushed and it sort of ended in a mess.

only the listener can determine what is good bad fantastic flop in all honesty.

what might be good for the goose might not be good for the gander. So glad its not hyped as the album of the decade ahem or super fantastic or brilliantly genius as to listen to it and then think what the fuck! At least we get a clean sheet of making our own minds up and not being swayed by false hopes of what just one person thinks.

Why? Wouldn't you want another "Beautiful Stranger" rehash?

BS->Amazing->Im a Sinner

That's exactly what I don't want ;) But if someone wants to hear yet another rehash check out his remix of Alien by Britney: ALIEN INSURRECTION There's an instrumental version too. I don't know why, but I find it (I mean this sound) cringeworthy. Orbit is capable of so much better.

Curious how Orbit was givin the ok to listen to some of the new album? Is this common in the music industry? My thoughts are M wanted his opinion because it it a very good album.

I'm so glad Orbit is talking about the new album. My dream is that he's the one that will mix the full album and remix all the tracks to give them a coherent sound. William Orbit + Madonna = heaven. Most of my fav Madonna tracks are produced by him (Beautiful stranger, Time stood still, American pie, I'm a sinner, ray of Light, etc...).