New album thread: "official" information. UPDATE: Diplo tweets about "hot" songs

it reflects your personality...

Stop trying to be mean to me. It really doesn't suit you. I'm not even slightly immature.

:lol:

oh, no no...unfortunately (or luckily), i'm more than 35....

So how come when he jokes about your age you don't act all mean towards him?

true

Thanks beautiful. :kiss2:

What is this shit?

To be honest there's probably more information about the album on this page than in certain other album threads. :chuckle:

If this album follows the path of COADF era, we know the single was released in October and the album released in November, does anyone have info on official announcement for that album release?

If this album follows the path of COADF era, we know the single was released in October and the album released in November, does anyone have info on official announcement for that album release?

Madonna said in a tv interview on 8 June 2005 that her upcoming album would be released in late October or early November. By then, all songs on the album had been recorded, but not yet mixed.

The exact release dates of both "Hung Up" and the album were officially announced on 4 August.

For both Hard Candy and MDNA, the release dates were announced two months before the albums were released.

Guest Rachelle of London

Do you guys just rely on this thread for news. If there was any form of official news it would be all over the internet let alone all over the forum.

Poor Madonna. Here she is on the First Single Trial:

The Defence Team says she got it Right with: "Music" and "Hung Up" [then again, they are super-obvious as the first singles]

The prosecution says she got it Wrong with: "American Life" and "Give me All Your Luvin'"

Evidence shows that she was prevented from picking the wrong one by with the label with: "Frozen" (she wanted "Ray of Light") and "4 Minutes" (she wanted "Candy Shop")

No earlier evidence is known to this Jury.

In the presence of the evidence presented, Judge Suede hereby finds Madonna GUILTY of picking the wrong First Single on multiple occasions. I hereby ban her from picking the first single from Rebel Heart.

ORDER! ORDER in my COURTROOM!

She said in an interview that she let a rabbi choose Frozen as the lead single for Ray of Light.

But that was a stunning choice for her amazing comeback in 1998 after her 4-year album hiatus!

Such a surprise for that reinvention....

In hoping we get an equally brillient "surprise" this time round.....

I do think the album is in finishing-mode....i can certainly see the album dropping in November, but I think there will be TWO singles before it....just like with MDNA, only this time she will be on hand to personally promote, as the tour prep won't roll in until next year.

Evidence shows that she was prevented from picking the wrong one by with the label with: "Frozen" (she wanted "Ray of Light") and "4 Minutes" (she wanted "Candy Shop")

No earlier evidence is known to this Jury.

Secret (She wanted Bedtime Story).

What I find strange is, if she REALLY wanted Candy Shop as the first single, why didn't she fight for it to become the second or third single then? It makes no sense to love it so much and then just give up and not release it all. I mean I'm not sad that it never got a single release (I don't hate it though, it's a nice little track with a good beat).

Diplo mentions Madonna (and Mooriah) in an Paper magazine interview:

Diplo all the while, is in the decidedly charmed position of serving as a conduit between the two camps. As a known experimenter, major artists tap him to help shake things up for the sake of artistry and maintaining cultural relevance. "If I'm doing something with Madonna, I'm trying to push the envelope," he explains. And given how uncertain the music industry is at present, there's plenty of opportunity for someone in Diplo's position to do the pushing. "It's like the wild west right now. We have someone like DJ Snake [of "Turn Down for What"], who's selling more than Mariah Carey's album. He makes music in front of his computer. He's going triple platinum and Mariah Carey can't even sell 10,000 copies."

http://www.papermag.com/2014/06/diplo.php

Not really a first single, but would Madonna have gone through with the plan to make Vogue a b-side if the record company hadn't intervened? I think she once admitted in an interview that she wasn't good at picking which songs would be hits.

Didn't Roger Niles say she insisted Like A Virgin was released as the first single and he wanted Material Girl?

I do think to a certain extent now she's not under Warners anymore, she has lost some "key" music management because they had a REAL influence over her choices, including some obvious single choices.

I thought quite strange the involvement of Pharrell so late , lets say we already had avicci as the "hit maker" and diplo for most of the album it seems

I hope she doesnt come up with a reductive version of "happy"

Pharrel is in the studio with EVERYONE right now.

Maybe there paths just crossed?

I'm surprised her recording with Avicci was so limited. It does seen like Diplo is heading the project big time, with summitions from disclosure and avicci only.

I do think the album will drop end of this year.

I also think as will drop TWO singles ahead if it's release like they did with MDNA....

Hope she follows THAT trend, 2songs goes ge public that "bit more" to go on before considering buying it.

Do you guys just rely on this thread for news. If there was any form of official news it would be all over the internet let alone all over the forum.

I've heard very little about the new album in the media. If she dropped it tomorrow it would be a surprise to the vast majority.

ROL wouldn't have been the "wrong" one at all. I think it would have made a great lead single.

Secret (She wanted Bedtime Story).

Source?

I'm not sure that recording 11 songs with avicii would be considered limited. She just started the process with doing her work with him upfront and is presumably finishing the process with diplo at the end.