Nothing Really Matters Music Video

jacket

[dear diary]

One of my top Madonna music videos. So very modern and chic, the video could be released now and not feel out of place. Everything is on point.

Madonna's frenetic dancing in the red kimono enchanting the camera and causing sudden jerky angle changes. :dramatic:

giphy.gif

Reaching a climax midway through the video as her kimono opens up and her boobs start bouncing around, and her expressions become more exaggerated and playful.

photo.jpg

Contrasted to her black latex kimono scenes of a more serene and reflective mother with child.

USWBV0500439_640x480_1.jpg

And what the wigging out Japanese youth represent, I dunno. Forgone sperm?

20130910132813f7c.jpg

Then you have the single cover. :drama:

DSC01461.jpg

Such a tragedy it was not made the third single. :americanlife:

[/dear diary]

Love the video, the dancing, her look, the single cover, the remixes. Everything. It's also my favorite of her Grammy performances. Just a wonderful M era all around.

tumblr_mwm1ljWnkv1qmaarmo2_250_zpsfeddb3

NRM is one of my top 5 favorite MVs. Her dance routine in the vid was the most interesting thing when I first saw it. I even tried to dance like her. :lmao:

Guest Not4Pussies

I like that madonna never explains her art but this and wiflfag videos are the ones I would want her to talk about. I read once that the red madonna was a virus that was put in a wooden box, infected all the people in the video. Black madonna dies at the end.

And I love that she based the whole thing on Memoir of a Geisha and used the elements that was mentioned in the book - wood and water .

When all the "extras" are "dancing" around the big wooden block, for some reason, it reminds me so much of the monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey

ape%20touches%20monolith.jpg

This freaked me out back then. Her look I found scary. But at the same time, it was enchanting. I watched and watched even if I was disturbed a bit.

And that red dancing at the end is my favorite too.

I once read one of the interpretations of this vid beside the "memoirs" homage is also about rebirth and freedom? That those in white japanese are sperms trying to penetrate the egg (black geisha) etc... i know it sounds ridiculous i forgot the exact interpretation... But really guys i love to hear your intelligent interpretation of this fab video.

I like that madonna never explains her art but this and wiflfag videos are the ones I would want her to talk about. I read once that the red madonna was a virus that was put in a wooden box, infected all the people in the video. Black madonna dies at the end.

:dead: :dead: :dead: That is hilarious.

And I love that she based the whole thing on Memoir of a Geisha and used the elements that was mentioned in the book - wood and water .

Yep. It's another comment on fame, prestige, freedom, love, motherhood and all of those things. It's an amazing song and video.

All 4 elements are represented in the video. The guy twirling the fire and the water in the bag that she holds.

It's one of her best videos and songs. Disappointed it didn't do better on the charts. I thought the Grammy performance was pretty awesome too.

Some interpretations are a bit... :chuckle:

I think it was more Renck's style. Weird visuals that suit the song. This video is one of my fav, i was shocked the first time i saw it and was so glad that i could enjoy it in DVD so soon (normally you had to wait like 10 years to rewatch a video if you hadn't taped it from the tv). so i watched and watched.

And now, seriously.... Was Madonna on the top of the dilusional game when she thought she could play a japanese woman in a film? :lmao:

All 4 elements are represented in the video. The guy twirling the fire and the water in the bag that she holds.

It's one of her best videos and songs. Disappointed it didn't do better on the charts. I thought the Grammy performance was pretty awesome too.

The TACTILE elements in the story are wood and water. The world is made up of elements so it would be a boring video if we had to exclude any allusion to other elements.

I love how all the Ray of Light music videos (minus DW) represent an element.

Frozen=Earth

ROL=Air

Power of goodbye=Water

NRM=Fire

I don't agree with this at all. I do get it, but I just think it's way more complex than that.