Music DWT Appreciation

XXL

Yes!

My first time seeing her live, the last time the whole world seemed to be in love with Madonna all at once and that massive career montage flashing behind the tiny genius herself grinding onstage was overwhelming.

Yes!

My first time seeing her live, the last time the whole world seemed to be in love with Madonna all at once and that massive career montage flashing behind the tiny genius herself grinding onstage was overwhelming.

00:42 :dramatic:

Yes. Yes. YES.

The long intro from after "Holiday" fades to black.

The dancers writhing on stage in their big headphones before the bassline comes in.

The slow ascent from below the stage.

The "mother f-cker" tank top.

Spinning around on the record as she sings "musiiiic" for the first time.

Fucking hell. Iconic from beginning to end.

I need to go watch this right now.

AWWWW YEEEEEEEAH! :rotfl::inlove:

Madonna was so excited to be back onstage. She just radiates energy with every movement, every head-whip & squat thrust! And how effortlessly sexy is she in that damn tank top? Definitely one of her best tour finales.

Yes!

My first time seeing her live, the last time the whole world seemed to be in love with Madonna all at once

You don't think the Confessions era reached that same feat?

Not when she rose from the sage on that cross :lol:

:lol: Well its always good to rile people up along with the love.

She was a juggernaut during that era though, just like the ROL and MUSIC era.

There's a lot of passion and excitement in this version but I feel that it was topped truly by the Confessions version and then topped again by the S&S version. I'm in love with the choro and staging of both, DWT not so much but at the time it was intense because it was such a big hit.

You don't think the Confessions era reached that same feat?

This sounds silly, but being in the US, I felt like we were missing out on some of the universal love. Granted, word of mouth for COADF was really good but the songs weren't getting airplay (at least not like virtually EVERY other country in the world). Put it this way.....if I weren't a gay male, I don't think I'd have a clue just how massive HU was.....compare that to Music era, you couldn't escape that song if you listened to top 40 radio in 2000.

LOVE it, do you think she still can do those knee bends? :(

I think she could do those knee bends while punching you in the face at the same time until your looks were improved.

This sounds silly, but being in the US, I felt like we were missing out on some of the universal love. Granted, word of mouth for COADF was really good but the songs weren't getting airplay (at least not like virtually EVERY other country in the world). Put it this way.....if I weren't a gay male, I don't think I'd have a clue just how massive HU was.....compare that to Music era, you couldn't escape that song if you listened to top 40 radio in 2000.

Where do you live? Alabama? :lol: