Boy George: 'Madonna & Kylie are denying who they are'

realityisalways

Madonna forgives George for what he said. She's going to go back to Haiti and pick up a special present for him, Boy George, Jr. That will keep him out of trouble for awhile.

I think he's just having fun and he's tired of the histrionic bullshit that comes from the likes of 1 Directions publicity machine. Speaking of publicity, doesn't everybody go for that? Including our very own Queendonna

The difference is that she doesn't need to use other artists to get hers. And she wouldn't anyway, not her style. However people like Boy George, Elton, Morrissey regardless of their undeniable worth as artists love the name-dropping for the sake of publicity

And what better name to drop than Madonna's, it's like hitting the jackpot in terms of how big and wide you can get that free column. It's not that important anyway, I just find it strange that he teases these guys and then has a tweet ordering their fans to stop harassing him :rotfl:

Desired effect reached

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2013/12/18/boy-george-madonna-should-take-a-break-for-a-few-years/

Is Boy George having another identity crisis? :rotfl:

In the past he bashed Madonna, then apologised and even praised her, but now he got some bad things to say about her… again! He talked with French gay magazine Têtu about the upcoming Culture Club reunion. Here’s a translation by Madonnarama of the Madonna part ..…

I’ve never been willing to sacrifice myself for the latest trends. It’s never been my thing. [Madonna and Kylie Minogue] try to cling to their pop crowns at all cost and even go as far as denying who they really are. It’s better to take a break for a few years than denying who you really are, just for fame!

An overview of Boy George’s past statements about Madonna…

29 October 2013 – Huffington Post interview

As for Madonna, I always used to laugh at her running.

And now I run! I get why she always ran.

I wish I’d run when she did.

June 2011 – ARTE interview

Well my mother was particularly impressed [Like a Prayer video].

It worked. So I think that was really the point.

In the world it made front page news.

9 June 2011 – Daily Mail interview

I wish I’d done all this 20 years ago.

I wish I’d gone running with Madonna when she asked me 20 years ago.

I used to say, ‘I only run when people chase me.’ But I get it now.

1 March 2013 – AfterElton interview

Boy George

:I like where I am now, but I do not have Madonna’s tenacity when it comes to my career — to have fought tooth and nail to be uber professional. That’s the difference; I’ve never been uber professional.

…

After Elton

: It’s great to hear you compliment Madonna, because there was a period of time when you were pretty critical of her (along with Elton John) in the press, saying that she’s despicable and a traitor to her gay fans for subscribing to a homophobic religion.

Boy George

: I do shudder when I read some of the things I’ve said, like ‘What were you thinking?’ So now I don’t talk unless I have something interesting to say. But I think it was more a reflection of how I felt about myself and so it would come out as a projection. I had no right to do it. It was quite beneath me. I really don’t look back on it with pride. When I say funny things, I stand by them, but I’d never say anything like that again.

October 2006 – Channel 4 interview

Madonna… I just think she’s a vile, hideous human being with no redeeming qualities. There’s nothing nice about her. I’ve never heard anyone say anything nice about her at all. And anyone that’s ever met her she’s been vile to. Vile, full of herself – so unspiritual. How has this woman got away with it for so long?

In the 80ies…

Comparing Madonna with Marilyn Monroe is like comparing Raquel Welch with the back of a bus.

:lmao:

Yes, on twitter he's saying he didn't say it as well as some other things in the interview. He says it all is down to a translation problem because the interviewer or writer didn't speak English well.

Who cares what Boy George thinks of Madonna. Honestly. :rotfl:

George cares. As part of his comeback he's on this big PR campaign to convince everyone he's a nice person not a bitter bitch who talks crap about other artists. It's not that he cares about Madonna or her fans, it's because he cares about his image and trying to sell his new record. But I think for him trying to be a nice person is way too much effort. He should just admit he's a bitch. It's better to be a real honest bitch than a fake nice person.

I believe him. Why not? I mean; I am not a fan of him. I know he has said some crappy things about Madonna in the past. But when have we known him to back pedal his comments? He never denied the other negative things he said of her. He pretty much says what is on his mind. And I've always felt that George has been greatly envious of Madonna. I feel Madonna gave him the brush off and he didn't take it well.

And yes, even reputable sources are known to twist words or embellish things. Madonna has mentioned it happening to her many times. I still recall her commenting on the Vanity Fair spread on her in the early 90's in how they made stuff up that didn't happen. It was minimal to her, so she didn't care, but the fact is even reputable sources are known to twist people's words. Look at the whole "REDUCTIVE" fiasco. The media twisted it as if Madonna actually was saying Lady Gaga was "Reductive" when it was song she was commenting on.

I believe him. Why not? I mean; I am not a fan of him. I know he has said some crappy things about Madonna in the past. But when have we known him to back pedal his comments? He never denied the other negative things he said of her. He pretty much says what is on his mind. And I've always felt that George has been greatly envious of Madonna. I feel Madonna gave him the brush off and he didn't take it well.

And yes, even reputable sources are known to twist words or embellish things. Madonna has mentioned it happening to her many times. I still recall her commenting on the Vanity Fair spread on her in the early 90's in how they made stuff up that didn't happen. It was minimal to her, so she didn't care, but the fact is even reputable sources are known to twist people's words. Look at the whole "REDUCTIVE" fiasco. The media twisted it as if Madonna actually was saying Lady Gaga was "Reductive" when it was song she was commenting on.

Like I said he's on his big PR campaign to show he's not a bitch anymore. Maybe he's telling the truth but in the past he has said things that aren't true or denied he did things he did. Madonna to me is a credible straight shooting person. George in my experience isn't. Maybe he's telling the truth, but I can't help be skeptical given his history.

Like I said he's on his big PR campaign to show he's not a bitch anymore. Maybe he's telling the truth but in the past he has said things that aren't true or denied he did things he did. Madonna to me is a credible straight shooting person. George in my experience isn't. Maybe he's telling the truth, but I can't help be skeptical given his history.

But again, he hasn't denied saying negative things about Madonna in the past. And so what if he's trying to turn over a new leaf. I can't speak for all of the world, but in the U.S., no one has no idea Boy George is still out there plugging away. So a statement like this simply reaches the fan bases or those who are music/entertainment enthusiasts who enjoy gossipy media sources.