What if I'm addicted was the LEAD single?

drunkbysix

Lets contemplate what it would have been like if I'm addicted was a lead single from MDNA.

1. People would have been much more receptive to her comeback because the song is all around brilliant

2. She would have absolutely ROCKED the superbowl stadium with it! It would have been amazing to see what her concept was

3. I guarantee it would have been much more successful as the lead single, and the album ultimately would have sold more.

Do you guys agree?

Guest Rachelle of London

Agree 100%

I'm Addicted wouldve been amazing. Its a dance song but sophisticated and unique which M is known for. It wouldve rocked the charts last year and could you imagine the video!!!! Everyone that I play the song to loves it. The MDNA chants at the end wouldve been great at the Superbowl, everyone would have "MDNA" in their head so that wouldve propelled the album sales....ugh if only!!!!

Think you can guess that I love I'm Addicted!

Lets contemplate what it would have been like if I'm addicted was a lead single from MDNA.

1. People would have been much more receptive to her comeback because the song is all around brilliant

2. She would have absolutely ROCKED the superbowl stadium with it! It would have been amazing to see what her concept was

3. I guarantee it would have been much more successful as the lead single, and the album ultimately would have sold more.

Do you guys agree?

I agree! Much more complex and hypnotic song imo.

The heavens would have had an orgasm and Jesus would have come down on Earth for the 2nd time. And the world would have been a better place. That's what would have happened.

I'm one of those fans that try to pretend that GMAYL never happened. IA would have been a slap on all the haters' faces and an eye opener and would have converted them to the Church Of Madonna (or maybe not).

So far her best song this decade.

I agree 100% with what you said, drunkbysix :thumbsup:

Guest Rachelle of London

The real question is...what would have happened if Bday song was the lead single?

it prob wouldve charted higher than GMAYL... no joke, the MIA bits and its quite kooky

Would have had the same impact as GIRL GONE WILD. Sorry guys. lets be real

Agreed. Possibly more successful in Europe than in the U.S. It's an obvious fan favorite, but that doesn't necessarily make for a good single. Also, I don't believe it would have been well received at the Superbowl. GMAYL worked perfect for that event.

uhhh dream. She could have still chucked out GAYL as a "superbowl promo" or some shit.

I think it would have charted and had an impact. It's modern, but also classic. She sounds great, the lyrics are strong, the production is solid (even if the mastering is... mmm) and it has an amazing hook.

Little Monsters on Tumblr today were banging on about Applause "taking modern EDM and twisting it's sensibilities" and not making any comment on that statement, it reminded me that that's what I think about I'm Addicted

It draws traditional EDM to Dance Pop by way of 90s House and hints of Moroder esque disco. It's nothing earthshatteringly groundbreaking, but it is interesting and different.

GIRL GONE WILD AND GIMME ALL YOUR LUVIN' NEVER EXISTED....until applesauce.

I don't even aknowledge these songs. They don't exist.

I'm addicted is a diamond. It would have been a good single choice and even if it did not chart higher than GMAYL it would have been liked by her fans and people.

And b-day song is great, remove Madonna's awful lyrics (even though it's tongue in cheek dig at people always mentionning her age and saying she's happy with it) keep M.I.A and there :

Little Monsters on Tumblr today were banging on about Applause "taking modern EDM and twisting it's sensibilities" and not making any comment on that statement, it reminded me that that's what I think about I'm Addicted

WTF is modern EDM? Seriously only someone who was born in 2002 would use that label. Adding the term modern 2 it is even more tragic :lmao:, 'specially since everything is so fucking retro unoriginal now.

RE: I don't think she has that kind of a record deal with Interscope as she had with Warner.

I think fans would have been much happier, critics would have been nicer, and it probably would have been a hit in Europe, but I don't think it would have changed much in terms of the U.S. radio or sales.

What if...?

Well...

We would have had a longer charting first single (may not have gone any farther than #10 in the US like GMAYL) But it might have gained more sales after the superbowl

The album may not have dipped so much after it's first week.

Fans would rate MDNA higher than they do now

and

We might be living in a happier world too

who knows

but what happened happened

i'm fine with everything. just gimme an album and some music videos and i'm good to go.

Yes, the first single would chart better all around the world and the album would sell more.

BUT what I really think that would shake the world is:

Release Gang Bang in the first week of january with a video (it doesnt matter who directed, just a really amazing video. If you watch the tour backdrop and imagine Madonna in that scenary it would already be perfect.) It would build all the hype to the album and to her Super Bowl performance.

In the Super Bowl, perform I'm Addicted (probably not the verse with MDMA) and release as the second single, but kinda the lead single. I already can imagine that stage shining during the final part of the song and the album cover appearing on the field! :wow:

Interscope would've never let her release it!

Interscope is just the distributor NOT her record company. LN took over after she was done with Warner and that explains why they did such a bad job with the album. They are only interested in her Tours.

Gang Bang with an scandalous video would do it. Followed by I'm Addicted with a pyche video. Some Girls as radio summer. Love Spent as a dramatic finish.

Interscope is just the distributor NOT her record company. LN took over after she was done with Warner and that explains why they did such a bad job with the album. They are only interested in her Tours.

Shush and stop spreading untruths. LN did nothing but front the money for the recording. The album is licensed to Interscope, who are in charge of marketing, promotion, and distribution. LN is not equipped to deal with any of that.

this is my favorite song on the MDNA album and it certainly would have made an excellent first single.

I think they should have treated "GMAYL" as a buzz single/Superbowl track,and then quickly followed it up with the superior "I'm Addicted",marketing and promoting it as the "official first single".

Guest SecretGarden

It really is one of the better songs on MDNA.

Although really Madonna's at the age where a huge amount of commercial success is basically impossible, and that's where MDNA fell short. It tried too hard to appeal to the masses, when Madonna has always succeeded when she created the music she wants to listen to, not what the public does.

Although really Madonna's at the age where a huge amount of commercial success is basically impossible, and that's where MDNA fell short. It tried too hard to appeal to the masses, when Madonna has always succeeded when she created the music she wants to listen to, not what the public does.

Obviously she created music she wanted to listen to if the first news we heard of a new album was when she (well, Guy) tweeted that she was ready to dance and sweat. Just because you may not like the album doesn't mean that she doesn't.

Clearly it was music she wanted to listen to. She wanted have included the majority of it on her tour if she didn't. She wouldn't have referenced it so much. She wouldn't have recorded the fucking album in the first place. I hate it when people regurgitate this presumptuous bullshit about what music Madonna is liking at the moment. Do you browse her iPod? No, didn't think so.

Guest bluejean

No idea. Obviously it's one of the best songs on the album but I'm not sure it's lead single material. I think Gang Bang could have been a good lead single although probably not safe enough for US radio.

Guest SecretGarden

Obviously she created music she wanted to listen to if the first news we heard of a new album was when she (well, Guy) tweeted that she was ready to dance and sweat. Just because you may not like the album doesn't mean that she doesn't.

Yes, I'm sure a facebook message written by money hungry manager is 100% accurate of what Madonna wants.