Marilyn Manson would like to duet with Madonna

svperstar

Guest Not4Pussies

back in 98 yes lol

i believe they met at the IGTTYAS premiere. they sat next to each other and he gushed about the beast within intro and mask she wears

I know this would be a weird match, but honestly, I'd love it. She'd have to do another take on her Dita persona, but it would be perfect with Marilyn. So crazy good.

Totally agree, very underated metal artist. Needs more respect than what is given to him, if it wasnt for him we wouldnt have dita von teese, rose mcgowan, or evan rachel wood. lol

No thank you, He can't really sing and has never come up with a memorable melody, so what would he add except schtick? NEXT!

Have you ever actually LISTENED to anything he's done? He's the most melodic writer of his genre, especially circa 1998-2003

Sit down and talk only about things you know. :fag:

Guest Xanthium

I could totally see Madonna and MM doing something in the vein of Goldfrapp's remix of "This Is The New Shit". I would love for Marilyn to expose Madonna to industrial rock and for her to incorporate some of the elements of that genre into her music.

I could totally see Madonna and MM doing something in the vein of Goldfrapp's remix of "This Is The New Shit". I would love for Marilyn to expose Madonna to industrial rock and for her to incorporate some of the elements of that genre into her music.

That's what I was going to say -- haha! The first thing I thought of was the Goldfrapp remix -- how glammy it is, and how it ends with such a Marlene Dietrich vibe. That would be the extent of such a collab, methinks.

Have you ever actually LISTENED to anything he's done? He's the most melodic writer of his genre, especially circa 1998-2003

Sit down and talk only about things you know. :fag:/>

AGREED

snap.gif

• 1 month later...

If done right, it would be brilliant. I think MM is one of the most visually provocative artists of the 90's. His videos and photoshoots were nothing short of amazing.

Every time Madonna's name is mentioned, Larry King says 'great promoter,' 'great marketer.' He's so cliche.

Even in her face he says "did you market yourself...":

He has this for Madonna since the 80s when the press labeled her as a "marketed talentless fluke". He still has that stupid mentality. He does not get it and i feel that his inner macho self feels threatened by her.

He has this for Madonna since the 80s when the press labeled her as a "marketed talentless fluke". He still has that stupid mentality. He does not get it and i feel that his inner macho self feels threatened by her.

Couldn't he do his homework before interviewing her? Those basic questions that everybody knows the answers to are so stupid.

Madonna is more real and honest then the majority of celebrities out there. I loved her answers and I also think she had a lot of patience with Larry King. For such a well-know interviewer, he sure does not do his homework as Dannylex also noticed. Plus he kept interrupting her all the time with another stupid question.This marketing stuff is so boring. Everyone has to market themselves and at least Madonna has the talent and charisma to back it all up. I have always thought Madonna's decision to not read press about herself was a wise and essential one. She explained it brilliantly as well. This leaves her free to not have to constantly worry about others are thinking and just go with her instincts. I have read where she has advised other celebrities to do the same - ie Adam Lambert, Ricky Martin and Britney to name but a few and they would be wise to do the same.

Madonna is more real and honest then the majority of celebrities out there. I loved her answers and I also think she had a lot of patience with Larry King. For such a well-know interviewer, he sure does not do his homework as Dannylex also noticed. Plus he kept interrupting her all the time with another stupid question.This marketing stuff is so boring. Everyone has to market themselves and at least Madonna has the talent and charisma to back it all up. I have always thought Madonna's decision to not read press about herself was a wise and essential one. She explained it brilliantly as well. This leaves her free to not have to constantly worry about others are thinking and just go with her instincts.

So well put, jazzyjan. :)

Yes, he sounds like a coockoo grandpa, who has certain idea stuck in his head and wouldnt change it even if the opposite of that idea happened in front of him... I still cant believe a serious person would consider her achievements exist only because she is "a great promoter"... Yes the biggest pop star is indeed the biggest pop star because she knows how to talk to the press (which tears her apart at any chance). I think this shows the inclination of the majority of the Americans to simplify things so they dont have to think them through. And he is the flagman of that.