“The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells” Madonna's new film project?

XXL

by the way, I think all her movies will be about her.I mean, with W.E. she talked about all that she gave up because of her relation with him (IMO, how much did madona lose because of being famous), and this will be follow the same road.

Agreed, Madonna has great vision but a bit lackluster writing skills. She should be wise enough to know her strengths and weaknesses and harness the talents of others to help create her overall vision. The same could be said of her songwriting.

I live for Madonna's words in song.

She can't possibly make another film (vanity project), can she? Who would want to be in it, what film company would touch it, what cinema would show it?! She's flogging a (very) dead horse.

U didnt knew the reason she Tours at all? To finance her "films" of course..now I do think W&E was good but she really should hire a decent writer this time.

Focus solely on directing.

And no time traveling please.

Guest Not4Pussies

Her problem is that she wants to be in control of everything. Her film, her vision, her screenplay. Let go M, let go!

I kinda hope the Weinstein company won't be involved. They kinda shoved W.E. under the rug in the US and put way more focus on the other films they were promoting for the award circuit. I thought Andrea was pretty worthy for more nominations

Guest Not4Pussies

I kinda hope the Weinstein company won't be involved. They kinda shoved W.E. under the rug in the US and put way more focus on the other films they were promoting for the award circuit. I thought Andrea was pretty worthy for more nominations

true but they also helped her out. harvey weinstein believed in her and the film. if it wasn't for him, the film wouldnt have premiered at the venice and toronto film festivals

Sounds a bit like The Hours to me so it's probably bullshit.

I think you are wrong. If there is one company out there who can market a movie like this it's Weinstein Co. The problem with W.E. was that its reputation was already ruined by tons of reviews that were mostly filled with everything from predjudice to lies. Not even Harvey could save it financially. At least it received some recognition with GG nominations and one win and one Oscar nomination for the costumes (which unfairly lost to The Artist, which was the darling of the year). A nomination for the score would have been nice. Anyway, with all the negativity it fared better than Angies movie. Just to put things into perspective.

So I'm all in for this project because it sounds really interesting. But indeed, let someone else write the script. Be a producer and a director.

I think you are wrong. If there is one company out there who can market a movie like this it's Weinstein Co. The problem with W.E. was that its reputation was already ruined by tons of reviews that were mostly filled with everything from predjudice to lies. Not even Harvey could save it financially. At least it received some recognition with GG nominations and one win and one Oscar nomination for the costumes (which unfairly lost to The Artist, which was the darling of the year). A nomination for the score would have been nice. Anyway, with all the negativity it fared better than Angies movie. Just to put things into perspective.

So I'm all in for this project because it sounds really interesting. But indeed, let someone else write the script. Be a producer and a director.

Exactly! Unfortunately for 98% of the press the problem is Madonna & Film being in the same sentence. I think since she's not given much of a fair chance to begin with it's best if she focuses on a single aspect of the cinematic process at a time.

I really do think W&E was good. It had its problems (time shifting, modern story etc.) However, there are tons of worse films released.

true but they also helped her out. harvey weinstein believed in her and the film. if it wasn't for him, the film wouldnt have premiered at the venice and toronto film festivals

I thought he could have done better

The release in the US seemed very unexpected to me. It was like, " okay we are going to release the film today everyone"

Just my opinion. Anyways,

I really do think W&E was good. It had its problems (time shifting, modern story etc.) However, there are tons of worse films released.

:thumbsup:

Guest Not4Pussies

I thought he could have done better

The release in the US seemed very unexpected to me. It was like, " okay we are going to release the film today everyone"

Just my opinion. Anyways,

well it was a small art film and remember its release date got moved to super bowl weekend.

which wasn't the best idea. nobody cared.

She is going to do whatever she wants anyway, but PLEASE Madonna no more movies!!!!!!!!

Hold off the directing shit until you are like 80 or something.

I came across this article :

Author Andrew Sean Greer on Time-Travel, Madonna, and His Novel "The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells"

A new book by Andrew Sean Greer is a major event, and The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells is as innovative...blah-blah-blah...we talked about everything from what makes a self and the roles of literature to Madonna and a recent phone call that might result in a film.

Blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah

I ask about the movie for The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells and discover that Madonna hopes to produce the film. If you've read any of Greer's books you know his prose is a sort of fantastic container for the lofty, and if you've ever doubted Madonna's taste here's your chance to come correct.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/exhibitionist/2013/07/andrew_sean_greer.php

So she might just produce it, it doesn't require the same amount of involvement as directing. And as far as I'm concerned, her two first effort are fine.

this...

also, if i remember correctly, they forced Madonna to go back in the editing room for more cuts to improve the film....

can you imagine if she were more involved with musicals before? If so, I think she would have had that Oscar by now..Its shocking and strange shes only been in Evita.

well it was a small art film and remember its release date got moved to super bowl weekend.

which wasn't the best idea. nobody cared.

Exactly, that's my major complaint

Guest bluejean

Whatever the outcome it's obvious she's planning to do a new movie, whether it's this or something else.

Ugh.

Well, the writing process or adapting process (whatever) might take a while, so hopefully we could get an album before filming begins.

It would be, it would be so nice.

Guest bluejean

Well, the writing process or adapting process (whatever) might take a while, so hopefully we could get an album before filming begins.

It would be, it would be so nice.

Oh Whoopie. Your ability to delude yourself is admirable :D

this...

also, if i remember correctly, they forced Madonna to go back in the editing room for more cuts to improve the film....

As it is the case with 99% of the movies out there...

The story sounds very interesting, but it could turn out a bit heavy handed, what with the time traveling & all.

I really don't c why people should wanna sandwich her acting in movies with her directing. It's a different beast altogether,

& she has proven 2 b quite skilfull, WE was obviously a labor of love & light years away from a vanity project. It irks me

me when people consider it as such...it's a very preconceived attitude.

As it is the case with 99% of the movies out there...

The story sounds very interesting, but it could turn out a bit heavy handed, what with the time traveling & all.

I really don't c why people should wanna sandwich her acting in movies with her directing. It's a different beast altogether,

& she has proven 2 b quite skilfull, WE was obviously a labor of love & light years away from a vanity project. It irks me

me when people consider it as such...it's a very preconceived attitude.

:clap: