i get confused wiv facebok

shit i ran out of muny

il just go on a tore

am the originel profesnel atentien whore

but lets telk abut numbrs

not 21 or 4

iv had numbar 1 ablums

sins bfor u wer born

I liked Confessions strategy. Everything was so well done, even when Madonna fell from the horse! People talked about the sling she wore! I think the main problem has been first singles and Madonna not caring much about music business itself.

But it's nice that she changed strategies and looks for new ways to promote music. Let's face it, that's far better than certain singers who are always doing the same promo over and over and over. At least, Madonna TRIES. Even if she falls sometimes.

I was actually a bit disappointed by the Sorry video when it first came out. It seemed too similar to the Hung Up video and the visuals didn't really relate to the song lyrics at all. I have grown to like it though. I love the solo shots of M with the LED background.

Sorry is a cheese video and I think we should blame Jamie Queen for it to be honest. :voiceofreason: As a whole COADF, although probably my fav album, was not a good time for videos. To be honest, MDNA had better videos. BUT COADF the album was so strong and inspired that the cheap videos didnt stop it from selling.

I never understood why everyone hated the Sorry video - it's not perfect but I think it's a lot of fun to watch, I'd certainly watch it over Hollywood or 4 Minutes. But then I again I really like the Get Together and Jump videos lol

All I want from the next album is a sensual duet and topless photoshoot with Rihanna

So I guess most of us sorta agree on one thing: she's gotta PROMOTE the album! COADF was the last album that got the proper promotion it deserved.Since then,Madonna has become lazy when it comes to promotion.

I bet Madonna doesnt agree..she did the fucking Super Bowl and 6 months Word Tour, Ellen, Kimmel, Bimmel and zillions interviews, facebook and Twitter chats too for christ sake..

Madonna needs to do a complete nude photo shoot. Like Stallone for Vanity FAIR it was like art.

It will inspire women over 45 to treat their body the way it should be treated. It would be inspiring( to all women) and if it's artistically driven like only M can do then it will be to die for. Even with the obvious backlash.

I think the issue is that COAD was her last well received album. Both HC and MDNA had sales fall off quickly so it was almost inevitable there would be little promotion beyond the tours. So whilst I agree she should get out there and push her new material, I think we're all really praying that she puts out an incredible album that will have some longevity. I know some fans enjoy MDNA but there's nothing on it that comes close to her truly great moments of the past and for which she's known, and so even wall-to-wall promotion would have been unlikely to save it.

DIRE COMMENT.

I bet Madonna doesnt agree..she did the fucking Super Bowl and 6 months Word Tour, Ellen, Kimmel, Bimmel and zillions interviews, facebook and Twitter chats too for christ sake..

Yes, but the timing of all of that was poorly planned. And obviously promo isn't just about Madonna herself. The shit choice for singles was obviously the real culprit.

I agree with you about MDNA having great moments. The album as a whole isn't one of her best, but like all of her albums there are several truly fantastic, classic Madonna songs. IMO those are GB, IA, and LS. A few others are up there as well.

Yes, but the timing of all of that was poorly planned. And obviously promo isn't just about Madonna herself. The shit choice for singles was obviously the real culprit.

I agree with you about MDNA having great moments. The album as a whole isn't one of her best, but like all of her albums there are several truly fantastic, classic Madonna songs. IMO those are GB, IA, and LS. A few others are up there as well.

Thats correct! Along with Masterpiece. And Madonna will make GGW turn to a hit, just like she did with HN and CS.

1. Be inspired. Find underground/fresh/new producers to help create an original sound. No more aiming for radio hits (it will most likely not happen anyway). A FREE and EXPERIMENTAL creative process equals the best results. Remember a little album called Ray of Light?

2. NO guest artists!

3. Focus SOLELY on the music project. Let Guy O handle the scents, shoes, and gyms for a while. Madonna Inc. must be second best to Madonna the artist during this time.

4. Use organic instruments again. Real drums, real guitars, real pianos. Orchestrated strings vs. synths....there is no comparison. Imagine Masterpiece with a real orchestra instead of the keyboard midi demo production it ended up with.

5. Even if you have to personally fund it yourself, MAKE AN EPIC MUSIC VIDEO for at least the FIRST single. Epic means a PLOT...something mini-cinema. Tap your director bug and go all out. This does not mean looking hot and humping the walls, we know you look amazing, now tell us a story!

6. Promote properly, you are not above this. Your name alone sells, but TO YOUR FANS. MDNA (the record breaking sales drop) proves that the fans clamor to buy the new release on day one and then the rest of the world, who has never even heard of the new release, slowly follows suit. A hyped first single will make all the difference.

The way I see it, no matter what she does, as she ages and radio increasingly turns on her and as album sales continue to plummet, it's an uphill battle. Why put all that energy for so little return? No matter what she does, in regards to album promotion, her commercial success with album sales and radio airplay is limited at this point.....that's just the way it is. Why not focus and maximize on your commercial strengths....that doesn't mean the art has to suffer. Clearly with MDNA her heart and soul went into the stage production....I see NOTHING wrong with that. Madonna the live performer IS her "commercial future", Madonna the "blockbuster album seller", "radio airplay Queen" is her commercial past. The amazing thing is, even though she is clearly beyond that point in her career, she can STILL muster one of the top selling albums of the year and I feel she can definitely still have a huge lead single again. GMAYL was NOT a major flop in the grand scheme of things, but I think she could have another HU sized hit in her, I just don't believe that is automatically going to equal massive album sales at this point.

The way I see it, no matter what she does, as she ages and radio increasingly turns on her and as album sales continue to plummet, it's an uphill battle. Why put all that energy for so little return? No matter what she does, in regards to album promotion, her commercial success with album sales and radio airplay is limited at this point.....that's just the way it is. Why not focus and maximize on your commercial strengths....that doesn't mean the art has to suffer. Clearly with MDNA her heart and soul went into the stage production....I see NOTHING wrong with that. Madonna the live performer IS her "commercial future", Madonna the "blockbuster album seller", "radio airplay Queen" is her commercial past. The amazing thing is, even though she is clearly beyond that point in her career, she can STILL muster one of the top selling albums of the year and I feel she can definitely still have a huge lead single again. GMAYL was NOT a major flop in the grand scheme of things, but I think she could have another HU sized hit in her, I just don't believe that is automatically going to equal massive album sales at this point.

I think it would.

I dont know why people try to count her out in commercial success. NEVER count Madonna out.

i slightly disagree with you here...

imo, the point is not to have massive album sales.. the effort would be worthless....

But... like it or not, Madonna is not U2, Springsteen or Rolling Stones... She's not a rock act that always have and always will have, at any age, sold out stadiums...

She's a pop act, the most exceptional and all of all times, but still a pop act, and, unless she does a big promotion through albums and songs (or unless she makes hit-tour a la mccartney-borington john, and she's not the type, luckily) her audience will fade year after year

So let's hear from the horse's mouth:

"It was my husband, Guy, who told me the album was number one in America. I was shocked, stunned, happy. I said, 'We have to celebrate.'

So we opened a bottle of champagne - not something I usually do, though I probably should do more of that - I had a glass, and then I sat and cried for 20 minutes.

Really. So many conflicting emotions, but basically tears of joy. Don't let anybody tell you commercial success doesn't matter.

I've lost track of how many times I've been written off. Maybe that's the reason I cried when I heard about the record. Here's a big scoop. We're human, too."

1. Be inspired. Find underground/fresh/new producers to help create an original sound. No more aiming for radio hits (it will most likely not happen anyway). A FREE and EXPERIMENTAL creative process equals the best results. Remember a little album called Ray of Light?

2. NO guest artists!

3. Focus SOLELY on the music project. Let Guy O handle the scents, shoes, and gyms for a while. Madonna Inc. must be second best to Madonna the artist during this time.

4. Use organic instruments again. Real drums, real guitars, real pianos. Orchestrated strings vs. synths....there is no comparison. Imagine Masterpiece with a real orchestra instead of the keyboard midi demo production it ended up with.

5. Even if you have to personally fund it yourself, MAKE AN EPIC MUSIC VIDEO for at least the FIRST single. Epic means a PLOT...something mini-cinema. Tap your director bug and go all out. This does not mean looking hot and humping the walls, we know you look amazing, now tell us a story!

6. Promote properly, you are not above this. Your name alone sells, but TO YOUR FANS. MDNA (the record breaking sales drop) proves that the fans clamor to buy the new release on day one and then the rest of the world, who has never even heard of the new release, slowly follows suit. A hyped first single will make all the difference.

Agree word for word.