I rewatched TNBT...

horn

Wow, I don't know what to think now! When I first saw it I was so cringed, embarrassed by madonnas acting and I loathed the script. Now I'm just not sure...maybe it's because I whored out the soundtrack D:

It's an absolute snoozefest at most parts, and her performance of TNBT was shit! I still think she deserved her golden raspberry but it could have been the century worst.

What do you think? Did you guys ever loathe the movie or?

Please stop the "Madonna cant act" act. Madonna is a very good actress.

At best, shes just made some horiblle choises.

This movie was shit thou.

she was too stiff and too madonna for the role. she should stick with what she's good at, SOUNDTRACK!

She was also GREAT in A League of their Own. So she can act. It's in her. She just wanted to play this ridiculous cartoonish caricature of herself throughout the 80's films and even in the 90's...

Almost like she wanted to emulate Marilyn and make it her own but the films were crap and it made her look foolish.

Guest bluejean

The scene where Madonna accidentally got impregnated by an ugly gay man with a bad nose really moved me. But I do think overall this movie would have worked better as a musical.

Guest Pud Whacker

she chose this over Chicago? stuped cunt.

not at all - the producers went with other actresses.

and to pose as a Joga teacher which she was doing in real life too? please..like she never wanted to try to be other than herself.

Madonna's performance in TNBT is beyond terrible. What makes it worse is that you can tell how hard she's trying. Originally, the character was going to be a swimming instructor but, Madonna wanted to make her more like herself. Talk about irony. Madonna couldn't even play herself.

I LOVE, ADORE and LIVE for Madonna but, this project KILLED any momentum that "Evita" bought to her acting career. Which Madonna was really hoping for.

At the same time though, I love the fact that Madonna never gives up. I'm convinced Madonna will win an Academy Award when she's 65.

Gemini, somehow I think you really love this movie. LOL. You even know all of the quotes :laugh: I hope you don't run around the streets quoting this movie. :chuckle: Hey, I am sure you are not the only one though.

I couldn't even sit through it once. It's so dull and just not funny.

And no! Madonna can't act - Shanghai Surprise, TNBT, Swept Away being the best examples of her wooden delivery. Nothing to do with bad choices.

Gemini, somehow I think you really love this movie. LOL. You even know all of the quotes :laugh: I hope you don't run around the streets quoting this movie. :chuckle: Hey, I am sure you are not the only one though.

:s98: I love this film and im not afraid to say it.

I couldn't even sit through it once. It's so dull and just not funny.

And no! Madonna can't act - Shanghai Surprise, TNBT, Swept Away being the best examples of her wooden delivery. Nothing to do with bad choices.

SWEPT AWAY is terrible. her acting was exactly wooden and her delivery was cringe worthy.

:s98: I love this film and im not afraid to say it.

Yes, never be afraid to embrace what you personally love despite what others say. :thumbsup: Heavens, I admit to loving Xanadu and also Jimmy Jimmy from True Blue. :dramatic: I am sure people think I am crazy for this but who cares.

I actually don't mind The next best thing but don't love it. Now Desperately Seeking Susan is pure heaven for me.