Montreal august 30th, Bell Center

Littlebastard

Um you've just been upgraded to the best seats in the house for free. Take that original ticket with you and give it to some poor fan stuck up in the nosebleeds instead of SELLING IT. I mean really.

Thanks for your feedback buddy. Ultimately whatever I do with the ticket I payed with my money it's my own business. Sorry for trying to sell it...should never posted anything here...

Peace out

can someone make sure fabian gets the message i just left here? i wouldnt want him to sell his ticket or give it away and tomorrow read here that he couldn't get in.. (unless its a different rule outside europe when it comes to the GT?)

Thanks for worrying about me Nikki :-) it all worked out at the end! Cheers

When u recieve ur wrist band u r given a ticket for the golden triangle...its fine to give ur ticket away, since u recieve another one. Atleaste thats what they did in philly.

I didn't receive more tickets when I picked up my wristbands. I gave my tickets to 2 people I met while waiting to get in but asked them to stay with me just in case I needed them to get in. As it turns out I did need my original tickets to get in. Once we were in though I was told I still needed them. When my friend and I got to the floor we decided to sit in our original seats for a bit since we still had 2 hrs+ to wait.. Unfortunately the seats weren't there as they removed them so people could move around in the back. Instead we were given upgraded seats, section 5 instead of section 9. They were front and center in row 12. Since we weren't going to use them I checked with event staff, explained that some people I knew were there but were in the 117 section behind the stage, and asked if I could give the tickets to them. They said that was fine so I texted the people I had just met and told them to come get them. In the end it worked out perfectly for myself and my friend and 2 appreciative strangers.

Scrap, I wish I had known you were in the golden triangle, I would have LOVE to have met you. Thats great that it worked out for everyone!

I am surprised you didn't get this ticket, I wonder why only some did

goldentriangle.jpg

Scrap, I wish I had known you were in the golden triangle, I would have LOVE to have met you. Thats great that it worked out for everyone!

I am surprised you didn't get this ticket, I wonder why only some did

goldentriangle.jpg

Hey...sorry we didn't get to meet. I would have loved to have met you too. Below are the relocation tix we got. At the Madonna friends and family window we just asked for our wristbands and showed ID's to get them. We were told to just keep the original tickets. Once we got onto the floor we had to give them the original tix to get the relocation ones. It doesn't matter though. it was a fantastic night and everything was just perfect. So happy that you had a blast too.

dscf0247g.jpg

LOVED THE SHOW HAD A BLAST! Nice meeting Louis aka Runa from here super nice guy. Even though i didn't use his golden triangle upgrade ticket i actually won a pair for myself via Twitter literally 24 hours ago from Guy Oseary. For all the slack he gets from us i love him now. I saw Madonna for free tonight in the Golden Triangle!

The opening is one of her best EVER. Chills inducing.

I could do without I'm a Sinner & I'm addicted. Also Express Yourself reminded me too much like a Re-Invention rehash the rest though is top notch. My favorite section is the Vogue, Human Nature, Candy Shop, Like a Virgin. Old school Madonna at her best. The whole first section visually is S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G! DEAD AND DEHYDRATED we are not aloud any drinks in the Golden Triangle!

So thanks Guy Oseary for the *****FREE****** tickets never will forget it. Runa aka Louis thanks for the offer and the laughs! :)

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2012/08/31/concert-review-madonna-at-the-bell-centre-aug-30-2012/

Who would have the chutzpah to argue that Madonna’s sold-out Bell Centre performance Thursday night was anything but the show of the year?

Mind you, that is not to say the frenetic, overheated aerobic eye-popper was the concert of the year. The Madonna oeuvre has very little to do with musicianship, songcraft or art – at least not in the conventional sense. Nor is she a great singer.

For almost 30 years, our Madge has been making serviceable pop records, some of the best-loved of which were mixed into a set heavy on songs from her latest disc, MDNA, during Thursday’s two-hour extravaganza.

When you strip away the hoopla surrounding her various guises, her once-daring sexual envelope-pushing, her celebration of her celebrity and her bad-Catholic girl pose, what’s left? An entertainer who, admittedly, outdoes all her imitators and progeny when it comes to dancefloor pop – a point made clear when she slyly incorporated Lady Gaga’s Born This Way into Express Yourself.

And such hits as Like a Prayer, sung near the end of the set, might even have been a religious experience for some 16,000 adoring fans who had stood up, sang and shouted their approval almost non-stop all evening.

Even so, from the opening moments of her set (which started only at 10:15), the primacy of the presentation was clear: dancers, clad as monks, rang  a bell and pushed a censer before Madonna descended in a confessional to open the show with Girl Gone Wild.

Before you could say “abrupt left turn,” however, the singer and her dancers were packing heat. Aggressors were shot during Revolver, at the end of which Madonna aimed her gun right into the audience (wonder how that will play when she does the show in Denver, Colorado, in October?)

As the singer continued on her revenge rampage – possibly making an artistic point, but not with any clarity – blood spattered all over the back screen during Gang Bang. Repeatedly. The audience cheered and fists were raised in the air. Chillingly.

After that, it became impossible to keep up with the sheer madness happening on the elaborate stage, with its two cakewalks converging at a point deep into the audience on the floor. Slackline athletes, up to 20 dancers on stage at some points, costume changes, video links with remixes, Autotune, a “Free Pussy Riot” chant, segmented platforms raising up and down as the performers negotiated their footing … it was hard to take it all in. Rarely did Madonna dial it down to simply deliver a song, as she almost did, quite effectively, during Papa Don’t Preach.

Nonetheless, the superstar’s virtually continuous motion was absolutely astonishing for a 54-year-old performer, and certainly enough to put wannabes half her age to shame. The forceful nature of her movements, however, did raise curiosity about how the vocals continued to sound so smooth.

In the end, the clubby backbeat made the quality of the tunes beside the point – as did the hard-to-debate idea that this was, more than anything else, a pop spectacle no act would want to follow. But like a meal consisting entirely of sundaes, it became numbingly hard to consume after a while.

As midnight went by and she closed the night with the DJ motif of a high-energy version of Celebration, you had to look hard for signs of fatigue on Madonna’s face. And the fans? They could have stayed all night.

(Click here to see Tijana Martin’s photo gallery of the show.)

Bernard Perusse

Twitter: @bernieperusse

Categories: Words And Music

Tags: Bell Centre, Bernard Perusse, colorado, Madonna (Entertainer), MDNA Tour, Montreal concert reviews

http://blogs.montrea...re-aug-30-2012/

Who would have the chutzpah to argue that Madonna's sold-out Bell Centre performance Thursday night was anything but the show of the year?

Mind you, that is not to say the frenetic, overheated aerobic eye-popper was the concert of the year. The Madonna oeuvre has very little to do with musicianship, songcraft or art – at least not in the conventional sense. Nor is she a great singer.

For almost 30 years, our Madge has been making serviceable pop records, some of the best-loved of which were mixed into a set heavy on songs from her latest disc, MDNA, during Thursday's two-hour extravaganza.

When you strip away the hoopla surrounding her various guises, her once-daring sexual envelope-pushing, her celebration of her celebrity and her bad-Catholic girl pose, what's left? An entertainer who, admittedly, outdoes all her imitators and progeny when it comes to dancefloor pop – a point made clear when she slyly incorporated Lady Gaga's Born This Way into Express Yourself.

And such hits as Like a Prayer, sung near the end of the set, might even have been a religious experience for some 16,000 adoring fans who had stood up, sang and shouted their approval almost non-stop all evening.

Even so, from the opening moments of her set (which started only at 10:15), the primacy of the presentation was clear: dancers, clad as monks, rang a bell and pushed a censer before Madonna descended in a confessional to open the show with Girl Gone Wild.

Before you could say "abrupt left turn," however, the singer and her dancers were packing heat. Aggressors were shot during Revolver, at the end of which Madonna aimed her gun right into the audience (wonder how that will play when she does the show in Denver, Colorado, in October?)

As the singer continued on her revenge rampage – possibly making an artistic point, but not with any clarity – blood spattered all over the back screen during Gang Bang. Repeatedly. The audience cheered and fists were raised in the air. Chillingly.

After that, it became impossible to keep up with the sheer madness happening on the elaborate stage, with its two cakewalks converging at a point deep into the audience on the floor. Slackline athletes, up to 20 dancers on stage at some points, costume changes, video links with remixes, Autotune, a "Free Pussy Riot" chant, segmented platforms raising up and down as the performers negotiated their footing … it was hard to take it all in. Rarely did Madonna dial it down to simply deliver a song, as she almost did, quite effectively, during Papa Don't Preach.

Nonetheless, the superstar's virtually continuous motion was absolutely astonishing for a 54-year-old performer, and certainly enough to put wannabes half her age to shame. The forceful nature of her movements, however, did raise curiosity about how the vocals continued to sound so smooth.

In the end, the clubby backbeat made the quality of the tunes beside the point – as did the hard-to-debate idea that this was, more than anything else, a pop spectacle no act would want to follow. But like a meal consisting entirely of sundaes, it became numbingly hard to consume after a while.

As midnight went by and she closed the night with the DJ motif of a high-energy version of Celebration, you had to look hard for signs of fatigue on Madonna's face. And the fans? They could have stayed all night.

(Click here to see Tijana Martin's photo gallery of the show.)

Bernard Perusse

Twitter: @bernieperusse

Categories: Words And Music

Tags: Bell Centre, Bernard Perusse, colorado, Madonna (Entertainer), MDNA Tour, Montreal concert reviews

Now, that is a proper review. Montreal sounds amazing.

Queen of Life! :bow:

btw. I don't remember the dancers behind M @1:06 of IDGA when she comes out with her guitar. I guess that's new.

Yeah that's defnitely new. She added a lot of little things. I'm so curious to get them all noted. Like how much HARDER she pulls the dancers hair, and now she smacks the guy during GGW...there's a lot of little things I'm beginning to notice but I haven't found much Philly footage expect for the first section! I guess I didn't notice live cause I was freaking out!

I cannot describe with words how amazing this show was...highlights for me were the opening, gang bang, express yourself, the whole vogue/human nature section, .i never liked i'm a sinner but here it worked so well, it was a highlight for me...I'm addicted..WOW, it's my fave song from the album, and i loved how it was performed...I will be attending the quebec show from a far distance so i will be able to appreciate the whole show from outside the triangle, but it was just perfect :)

Guest Not4Pussies

Lots of.younger fans attending the shows.

And who woulda thought North America would embrace MDNA tour and Europe would hate It.

Well, given the theatrical nature of the show, y'all are seeing it the way it's meant to be seen in smallish enclosed arenas, not dirty big impersonal stadiums (or worse). Even the YouTube vids look better.

I get the idea that europe is in an all loving gaga mood while the US is a bit sick of her- and its the complete opposite for Madonna. she over saturated the european market and didnt get amazing reviews for SS either.. said it before & i'll say it again, I think SS I or II are the worst kind of shows to "introduce" some new audiences/markets to madonna. had she done a second leg with this tour, or even confessions and especially RIT, things would have been very different.

plus of course the outdoor/stadium reason as someone pointed out before me