The "Turn Up The Radio" Video Thread

im sorry but you can only laugh at this point, how they are handling this album/singles is truly pathetic. you kinda have to stand back and just laugh now, one of her most critically acclaimed albums EVER and its been reduced to this MESS :lmao:

im sorry but you can only laugh at this point, how they are handling this album/singles is truly pathetic. you kinda have to stand back and just laugh now, one of her most critically acclaimed albums EVER and its been reduced to this MESS :lmao:

yeah everything was all wrong since the lead single. TUTR mv will not event dent the album sales. well at least they tried and fucked it up.

Guest Not4Pussies

out of all artists i think madonna is the only one that waits the longest to release singles.

GMAYL-GGW is the exception since GMAYL flopped and the album was about to be released

but damn, 5 months between single releases?

there should be new singles released every 3 months.

does Guy O have anything do with this or is this all Interscope/LiveNation

because when M was on Warner they took the longest time between single releases and they would fuck up the releases as well.

agreed.

You guys really thought this song was going to do something? Who gives a shit when it's released, it won't matter :lol: Calm it down. We have a brand nu music video to look forward to anyway, that's all I care about tbh.

crae.jpg

August is a big holiday month in Europe. Perhaps people will go away, hear it and see it on holiday, come back and buy it making it a top 90 smash in September?

download single means remixes for masterpiece because the album version is already out there lol

Not necessarily. A press release went out in the UK and they did nothing! Not even a separate cover. The radio played it for a couple of weeks and that was it! I'd love a picture disc and mixes but I can't see that happening so close to TUTR. There's one remix that was on the Smirfnoff Ice download so they may couple it with that but I'd be surprised.

Interesting ... I honestly don't remember the Sunday Girl demo very well ... I know I listened to it once back when the rumor started, and I think I saw people talking about it since saying they couldn't find the YouTube link, etc. It wasn't very memorable to me -- but I feel like I know the Solveig template from his collabs with Dragonette. "Hello" -- "Boys and Girls" -- "Big in Japan" -- et al. Personally, while they're cute songs, the vocals are a different style to Madonna's. I don't know if it would work. Maybe the TUTR demo was a slightly different animal.

It has been reposted on Youtube:

I still like the original version better. Listen to the energy in that demo! It was pure magic to me. I don't know why Madonna watered it down.

cool! madonna always over produces her songs and waters them down....she must think that it would be more compatible with radio....and i like this version's chorus better - holds the radiooooooooooooooooooooooo longer

cool! madonna always over produces her songs and waters them down....she must think that it would be more compatible with radio....and i like this version's chorus better - holds the radiooooooooooooooooooooooo longer

TOTALLY! That is why I think the demo is superior. It just sounds so full of joy and abandonment. Madonna's version is ok, but it feels boring next to someone who sang the vocals with such passion. :thumbsup:

It really doesn't matter when a physical single (if any) comes out, as sales for those are pretty non-existent. The video should premiere before then, to boost sales of the track (which is available everywhere).

I don't know what kind of radio potential it could have outside the USA, but the potential for U.S. airplay is very low.

I don't know what kind of radio potential it could have outside the USA, but the potential for U.S. airplay is very low.

Hey HG, why do you think Madonna does so poorly on the Adult Top 40? She seems like a natural fit, but time after time they rebuke her. I would think the older demographic would be receptive to her stuff.

TOTALLY! That is why I think the demo is superior. It just sounds so full of joy and abandonment. Madonna's version is ok, but it feels boring next to someone who sang the vocals with such passion. :thumbsup:

I concur. The demo is such much times better!!!

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is about the demo. It's not every different at all. I think I hear some more harmonies in the chorus, but I actually prefer the meter of Madonna's lyrics. The Sunday Girl singers hangs on the last word of each line during the verses, whereas Madonna filled it in with more syllables. And listening to the demo again, I'm happy Madonna completely redid the lyrics, unlike GGW. TUTR feels more like a Madonna song to me.

The demo pales in comparison IMO; Madonna's lyrics add depth and relate to her and so I connect with that much more than I would if she simply took the demo as is. I love TUTR and think it is perfect in every way as an M song; it feels like Summer and joy and happiness when I listen to it :inlove: I hope it is a success because it deserves it

BTW - I have the worst case of crow when I try and sing this....it actually hurts my 'vocal' cords. Testament to M's greatness that she can sing this :bow:

Madonna's lyrics add depth and relate to her

I can't really make out very many of Sunday Girl's lyrics, however, "Running around like a moth to a flame" and "It was time that I opened my eyes, I'm leaving the past behind, nothing's ever what it seems.." is a barrel of Madonna clichés and don't add depth to me. If anything, they make it seem like a song about nothing. But hey, if that's depth in your book, who am I to say otherwise?

It really doesn't matter when a physical single (if any) comes out, as sales for those are pretty non-existent. The video should premiere before then, to boost sales of the track (which is available everywhere).

In the UK, physical sales outsold downloads for GGW! It performed that badly!

I can't really make out very many of Sunday Girl's lyrics, however, "Running around like a moth to a flame" and "It was time that I opened my eyes, I'm leaving the past behind, nothing's ever what it seems.." is a barrel of Madonna clichés and don't add depth to me. If anything, they make it seem like a song about nothing. But hey, if that's depth in your book, who am I to say otherwise?

Bite me :p

Cliches they may be, but if you don't connect those with what's been going on in her life, then maybe you need to go and be a fanboy of dragonette :sassy:

I find it to be very much an M song.