Lip syncing?

pattitude

Sometimes the line does get a bit blurred as to what part was lip synced and what part was live as in GGW and Gang Bang. I agree that 80% of the Transgression segment was totally lip syncing .

The voice is there but I don't think she could sustain it for the whole tour if she sings everything live every night .

She is singing during GGW (plus doing a lot of choreographed moves), She has a backing track, but you can hear the crowing during certain parts. Check out the raw vocals from opening night that were featured on Israeli TV--she's off sometimes during the song. I don't know why people are being kind of dramatic about it. :chuckle:

Lip syncing doesn't bother me, she still there performing

Wasn't it in an MTV interview for BA where she is questioned about it and doesn't deny

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

^love her response

i dont see what the big deal is tbh. she's never sang an entire show 100% live. i figured we would have accepted it and moved the fuck on by this point, no? and like someone else said, this isnt a britney situation where she's just standing there flapping her arms and giving a couple of half-hearted shimmies here and there while the CD plays over the speakers...bitch is working her ass off, and the tour looks mind blowing. no one else is putting on a show this spectacular, and you best believe when im at the arena seeing it in person, im not gonna give a damn whether she's not moving her mouth or decides to unleash the crows on us.......im paying a shitload of money to see this show...you wont hear me complaining about a thing...im just there to bask in her amazingness.

Guest ditaluver

WGAFS (who gives a fucking shit)

well i do.

i enjoyed the fact that M doesnt lip a lot and im really dissapointed to hear a lot of this show is.....dancing around a lot or not....shes better than that. id rather hear her crow

well i do.

i enjoyed the fact that M doesnt lip a lot and im really dissapointed to hear a lot of this show is.....dancing around a lot or not....shes better than that. id rather hear her crow

Well it sounds like its backing track with a live mic and during verses she sings and during choruses, she mimes. I agree with you cause I don't care if it's crow voice or not, I like to hear her sing live, even when she goes off key cause I respect her effort. Anyhow, I'm sure we'll enjoy it nonetheless. Let's just avoid all the negative cristism that will surely come her way, as it was bad timing for her to start miming after all the lies that she lip-syncs throughout her tours, when we know very well that she sings mostly live.

i dont see what the big deal is tbh. she's never sang an entire show 100% live. i figured we would have accepted it and moved the fuck on by this point, no? and like someone else said, this isnt a britney situation where she's just standing there flapping her arms and giving a couple of half-hearted shimmies here and there while the CD plays over the speakers...bitch is working her ass off, and the tour looks mind blowing. no one else is putting on a show this spectacular, and you best believe when im at the arena seeing it in person, im not gonna give a damn whether she's not moving her mouth or decides to unleash the crows on us.......im paying a shitload of money to see this show...you wont hear me complaining about a thing...im just there to bask in her amazingness.

I know she's done it before but I still don't get it. For "Erotica" on the Girlie Show, she's just standing there most of the time and she still lip syncs. Then she does amazingly hard choreogaphy ("Sky Fits Heaven" on DWT) and sings live. Oh well, she's gonna do what she's gonna do, but there is something "inauthentic" about it t me. Especially when you're paying the kind of money she charges. It's not so much of a huge deal that I won't go because of it, but it does ring a little annoying to me. Just sayin'...

Yeah there's no reason to caca your pants guys. Look at the Perfections Tour (which most of us can agree is a big highlight for her as a performer)

Future Lovers - mimed backing track, The DVD has full on post production

Get Together - live with heavy, HEAVY backing track (the DVD actually lessened the backing track funnily enough, but in concert, it was overpowering, trust me I saw it twice!)

Like A Virgin - live

Jump - mimed backing track, The DVD however is fixed

Live To Tell - live

Forbidden Love - live with vocal FX

Isaac - mostly live

Sorry - mimed (at least mostly) except 4 that last out of breath line :lmao:

Like It Or Not (live, and lovely tbqh)

I Love New York - live

Ray Of Light - live

Let It Will Be - live

Drowned World - live YES

Paradise - live, but major vocal FX

Music - live, with bigtime backup

Erotica - a lot of this was mimed it was actually live with her own recorded backing vocals & a plethora of vocal layers, The DVD has 2 much post production on the vocals, it actually sounded better LIVE.

La Isla Bonita - live

Lucky Star - live (?) the last part where she starts 'gargling', though earlier on I believe she did sing it completely live

Hung Up - mimed for most of the tour, true

Guest ditaluver

i know the opening night in LA she sang FL live cause it didnt sound good.....but of course i loved it cause i was there.

anyway, like mensh said...shes gotten flack for lipping in the past when she really hasnt...and now shes doing it and id just prefer that she didnt. theres a lot of id prefer regarding this show...but its her show. and whatevers! im only going 1 time, ive decided.

Guest Not4Pussies

The only people making a big deal about it are the fans right now. We'll see once she hits Europe or the US if any of the critics or media make a fuzz about it. I don't mind if she lip syncs here and there. As long as its not the entire show a la Britney. I'm not gonna obsess about it and make a list.

I know she's done it before but I still don't get it. For "Erotica" on the Girlie Show, she's just standing there most of the time and she still lip syncs. Then she does amazingly hard choreogaphy ("Sky Fits Heaven" on DWT) and sings live. Oh well, she's gonna do what she's gonna do, but there is something "inauthentic" about it t me. Especially when you're paying the kind of money she charges. It's not so much of a huge deal that I won't go because of it, but it does ring a little annoying to me. Just sayin'...

Darling SFH, is not live, only Niki & Donna r. The reason she lips Erotica is 2 recreate the sultry vocal, u can't deliver that in a live mic. U don't really believe

she's 2 lazy 2 talk now do u? She did sing the Chorus live in London, over the pre-recorded album vocal & it sounded like a children's choir on acid :lmao:

The same thing with fever, which she would sing completely live after the 1st few dates...cuz her man vocals didn't mix with the icy album vocals :D

I don't care if it's crow voice or not, I like to hear her sing live, even when she goes off key cause I respect her effort. Anyhow, I'm sure we'll enjoy it nonetheless.

I agree with this.

Guest ditaluver

Dita, you're only going to one show because of the lip synching?

no there are several reasons why

money and i guess its just not a #1 priority now. maybe ill feel different later on in the tour.

i can go on about what I dont like regarding the SHOW but I havent seen it..so im just basing my opinions on the song choices, performances on youtube clips. which, i know, isnt the same as seeing it live.

Guest Not4Pussies

She needs to have control of that microphone. 2 concerts in a row where she loses grip of it and shows she's clearly lip synching. Now that's bad.

Guest jamesshot

Well it sounds like its backing track with a live mic and during verses she sings and during choruses, she mimes. I agree with you cause I don't care if it's crow voice or not, I like to hear her sing live, even when she goes off key cause I respect her effort. Anyhow, I'm sure we'll enjoy it nonetheless. Let's just avoid all the negative cristism that will surely come her way, as it was bad timing for her to start miming after all the lies that she lip-syncs throughout her tours, when we know very well that she sings mostly live.

That is what I am afraid of. She hasn't done all that much lipping in the past. She did some, of course, as no singer could do the kind of concert she does and maintain great vocals, controls, pitch and tone. But she did most of it live. Now after the cunt Elton said she lipped, the whole world accepts it as fact. Most people think she lips most everything even when she sounds off! LOL. I am concerned this tour will cement the notion she lips and it is undeserved.

That is what I am afraid of. She hasn't done all that much lipping in the past. She did some, of course, as no singer could do the kind of concert she does and maintain great vocals, controls, pitch and tone. But she did most of it live. Now after the cunt Elton said she lipped, the whole world accepts it as fact. Most people think she lips most everything even when she sounds off! LOL. I am concerned this tour will cement the notion she lips and it is undeserved.

You know what? Madonna keeps pushing forward through the clouds and drama that other people create for her, so we should too. Fuck the haters. They can hate all they want. If we go to the show, let's enjoy it. For those that don't go, and talk shit, forget about them.

She already has the reputation of lippng eventhough she didn't lip synch that much in the past.

While I love hearing her live, I honestly prefer her to lip synch/sing over a loud backing track than having to endure something like S&S Borderline again

Darling SFH, is not live, only Niki & Donna r.

It wasn't at the Chicago show I went to. And like ditaluver said, I know it was live cuz it sounded "herky jerky". :)

Guest jamesshot

You know what? Madonna keeps pushing forward through the clouds and drama that other people create for her, so we should too. Fuck the haters. They can hate all they want. If we go to the show, let's enjoy it. For those that don't go, and talk shit, forget about them.

I'm going and gonna have the time of my life. Trust that! LOL. But dammit, it sucks she doesn't get the credit she deserves. And the media now seems hell bent on creating narratives and run with it. They no longer just report. Huffingtonpost has already been in bashing mode for quite some time. Same with other media outlets. Fuck em but still...

You know, every tour video I've watched, I can hear her real voice either front and center or through the backing track. Yes, in songs like Girl Gone Wild and Gang Bang, the backing track is more prevalent, but her voice creeps through at times. When it's just her voice, she sounds superb (Like A Virgin, Express Yourself, Masterpiece, I Don't Give A, Candy Shop, I'm Addicted, etc.). This tour seems the most strenuous in terms of dancing (especially in that first segment), so if she has to rely on the backing track a little more so that she can sound great in the latter performances, then I don't see why anyone would be mad about it.

i dont have problem with lipSinging but i m a bit confused by how she choose the songs...and also i dont get why songs that she sing live and play guitar sound sometimes very bad...does she do it on purpose? remember ROL or HN last tour? or now..this TUTR and ImSinner...and then she is doing ImAddicted and dance and sounds cool...

the question is how is possible that some songs she sing very cool and some easy melodyies very bad...i never get that...

She already has the reputation of lippng eventhough she didn't lip synch that much in the past.

While I love hearing her live, I honestly prefer her to lip synch/sing over a loud backing track than having to endure something like S&S Borderline again

same here...I was really feeling sorry for her during borderline!

Never understood why SFH on DWT would be lipped- she's not doing the aerial stunts during the parts that she's singing. If anything, I think she was singing over the track, because it sounded different than the album vocals and did not sound like a record "live" vocal. Anyhoo...

Since Madonna is an act who sings live for the overwhelming majority of her shows, I don't think it matters in the end that some tracks have backup-track support or recorded "live" vocals.