UK CHART - THE SHOW IS OVER SAY GOODBYE!

horn

Guest SuperPop

Oh, and for the record, there are plenty of people who actually like the song :) We're just drowned out by the very vocal crowd of those who don't :)

actually bar a few Madonna fans, the song has only got horrible reception worldwide..and chart positions vividly prove it (and I am not talking about UK and US only)

I wouldn't say it was an outright flop. It's had a mixed performance but it's gone top ten in quite a few countries. No. 1 in Finland :thumbsup:

Chart (2012) Peak position

Australian Singles Chart 25

Austrian Singles Chart 11

Belgian Flanders Singles Chart 6

Belgian Wallonia Singles Chart 3

Brazilian Hot 100 Airplay 52

Canadian Hot 100 1

Czech Airplay Chart 28

Danish Singles Chart 16

Dutch Single Top 100 2

Finnish Singles Chart 1

French Singles Chart 3

German Singles Chart 8

Hungarian Airplay Chart 3

Irish Singles Chart 11

Italian Singles Chart 2

Japan Hot 100 7

New Zealand Singles Chart 29

Slovakian Airplay Chart 35

South Korean International Singles Chart 5

Spanish Singles Chart 2

Swiss Singles Chart 6

UK Singles Chart 37

US Adult Pop Songs 33

US Billboard Hot 100 10

US Hot Dance Club Songs 24

US Pop Songs 24

GMAYL got generally positive reviews though..but ever since the leak people were determined it will flop.

no.1 in Canada and France top 5.

The only professional review I read was from Rolling Stone and they gave it 2 stars out of 5.

As a canadian, I can tell you it made it to #1 because of the Super Bowl and also because she announced she was visiting 5 canadian cities in her tour.

I don't know anyone around me (non Madonna fans) who likes the song!

Wait -- Are you saying you think "GMAYL" is bombing because it's a good song, but Madonna is just too old?

Nah, I meant rather than her being concerned with looking young, maybe the problem is more the song being too young sounding. Only invites ridicule.

The only professional review I read was from Rolling Stone and they gave it 2 stars out of 5.

As a canadian, I can tell you it made it to #1 because of the Super Bowl and also because she announced she was visiting 5 canadian cities in her tour.

I don't know anyone around me (non Madonna fans) who likes the song!

there were many positive reviews from US media. and just recently Q-magazine.

I know plenty of people who have never liked anything she put out before but suddenly like/love this song.

^ Well, seeing as how the majority of singles Madonna has released are good/great/amazing, it makes sense that people who never liked anything she put out before would like GMAYL! They have horrible taste!

UK CD single pushed back to March 23rd (from Amazon UK).

They are going for a big push.

I suppose those pre-order sales will be added too when the album is released in UK. I smell GMAYL in UK Top 10.

^ Well, seeing as how the majority of singles Madonna has released are good/great/amazing, it makes sense that people who never liked anything she put out before would like GMAYL! They have horrible taste!

No, it just shows how different Madonnas singles have been. Something for everyone. This one has 60's vibe which is appealing to certain people who don't like usual crap on the charts or some club music. Big part of her charm is variety, if she would have put out the same sound again and again, she wouldn't be here anymore.

This happens every freaking time she dares to release something which her "fans" were not expecting.

Meh. I was really just making a joke, but really, I don't believe there's anyone living today who's never liked anything Madonna has released prior to GMAYL. It's like statistically not possible. Unless it's a Nicki or M.I.A. fan. There's nothing about GMAYL that Madonna hasn't done before, and better. "Cherish" and "Beautiful Stranger" both have a '60s vibe, for example.

Meh. I was really just making a joke, but really, I don't believe there's anyone living today who's never liked anything Madonna has released prior to GMAYL. It's like statistically not possible. Unless it's a Nicki or M.I.A. fan. There's nothing about GMAYL that Madonna hasn't done before, and better. "Cherish" and "Beautiful Stranger" both have a '60s vibe, for example.

Oh, I know plenty of people who can't stand Madonna, nor like any of her songs. And it has no connection to being a fan to Nicki or MIA. But I do agree that Madonna's music is quite universal and there are plenty of people who don't really care what Madonna is doing and far from being a fan, who like a song or two of hers.

:ohgoodgrief: What the hell are you people on? Top 10?! You live in Cloud Cuckoo Land. The height of relevancy Q Magazine? CD singles? It's not 1996 anymore. This song is done. Deal.

Time to leave it behind and at least move on to GGGW, even Madonna's record company are trying to pass it off as a promo buzz single.

:ohgoodgrief: What the hell are you people on? Top 10?! You live in Cloud Cuckoo Land. The height of relevancy Q Magazine? CD singles? It's not 1996 anymore. This song is done. Deal.

Time to leave it behind and at least move on to GGGW, even Madonna's record company are trying to pass it off as a promo buzz single.

:lmao:

whatever..GMAYL physical single is out 23th of march, I cannot wait!

Amazon UK is now 19th March which makes better sense. That is a whole week of sales before MDNA on the 26th.

I have a strong feeling that they gonna cancel this cd single.

It's Beautiful Stranger all over again. :dramatic:

Double a-side? Why don't they just package them together?

I'm surprised at the lack of vinyl too in any country. The artwork just screams vinyl!

The dellusion of some fans claiming remixes and the physical will somehow

save the song is ridiculous.

:gross: The remixes are awful. I was so looking forward to them and thought the song had remix potential but NO. They just weren't done properly and kill a dancefloor. Screeching mid-frequency bass lines completely overpower vocals and dance beat.

I blame Lola for all of this. M didn't start chasing the kiddie crowd until Lourdes became a teen. Coincidence?? I Don't Think So. Of course, ultimately it's M fault.

Still looking forward to the album though and follow everything. It's just that 'they' keep saying it's a great M record, insane club beats, her best ever, etc etc as if they're completely unaware that everything leaked & released so far is pretty mediocre.

I'm working on a Madonna megamix right now. Oh I got WIFLFAG startin' things out, then going into "Don't Tell Me," then Hung Up, Nothing Fails, etc. It was all going so well until I tried to slip in GMAYL. Now I can't get out of it! It's just so noisy and boring. None of the remixes work, ppl. I've tried seven ways from Sunday. THEY KILL A MIX, all of 'em.

This really reminds me of Janet's Discipline era and Kylie's Aphrodite era. After rocky patches, EMBRACED by the industry, getting 'hit' songs penned for them, working with all the in producers, wearing all the right things, getting all the right facelifts, but yet, the public just wasn't interested. And the same reason is getting used to explain all of them -these ladies are too old.

Are they too old?

Or are they just too old to be prancing around in bondage gear/hotpants/leopard print bras whilst singing about spanking/casual sex/LUV, when Adele has just hit the industry like a rotund h-bomb wearing high collared dresses and a nice manicure and singing about lost love. I mean do these people not GET how to make MONEY? :manson:

The public wants SUBSTANCE. You just divorced from the father of your son who you said you would be with forever, have you LEARNED anything to share with us? Have you plumbed emotional depths and found redemption and been INSPIRED by it? No? Ok, cheerleader chanting and Nicki Minaj it is then.