New Tour Setlist (reports from rehearsals - SPOILERS)

IslandBreeze

Am I seriously the only one who heard her saying during the FB interview that the concert is "a little UNDER 2 hours"?

Who cares if she performs only 20 songs? She's actually getting older, you know. And there DOESN'T NEED to be a song from EACH album. :rolleyes:

=> Sticky & Sweet Tour - Round III

=> WORST TOUR OF HER LIFE!!!!

INDEED :manson:

Now fuck off.

Judging by those songs choices this tour is probably more like a theatrical show.

She usually does fun shows with the huge hits and reserves the thetrical concerts for those non-hits or/and moderate hit songs.

I`m sure those weird song choices will make a sense in the context of the show even if it seems uneventful on paper.

So there could still be some more songs we don't know about? Cos the second "section" seems hella short, where the others seem about right.

The list i wrote had no sections listed nor gaps that someone would confuse on being a section. I just wrote the order of them being performed at that time in rehearsals. I think the only songs that we may not know about are the ones sampled into other songs.

Thank god LAV didn't make it. I absolutly love the song, but in the piano? Give me a break!

I'm not so happy with this supposed setlist (i'm not saying you're a liar m.d.n.a., thanks for keeping us updated).

She has so many incredible songs that could work with any "theme". I'm very curious to know what "theme" Candy Shop fit.

I do not believ any rumuors that say, love spent is not included in the set list. Its one of the most strongest songs in the album and it is single worhty single who could do very well in Europe. I am pretty sure she will do that song. If not, than she needs some help, maybe changes the people she works with. The reason why to not include it on setlist had to be very very important.

So, it looks like the strongest and most "official" setlist so far looks like this:

PART 1 - TRANSGRESSION

1. Religious Intro

2. Girl Gone Wild (with Material Girl lyrics)

3. Revolver

4. Gang Bang

5. Papa Don't Preach

Best Friend (with Heartbeat lyrics) - Video Interlude

PART 2

6. Hung Up

7. I Don't Give A

8. Express Yourself (mixed with Born This Way and a She's Not Me ending)

9. Give Me All Your Luvin

10. Turn Up The Radio

Justify My Love - Video Interlude

PART 3

11. Open Your Heart

12. Masterpiece

13. Vogue

14. Candy Shop (mixed with Erotica)

15. Human Nature

Nobody Knows Me - Video Interlude

PART 4

16. I'm Addicted

17. I'm A Sinner (mixed with Cyber-Raga)

18. Like A Prayer

20. Celebration (Benny Benassi Mix)

I don't think this is a "short" concert (about the same in songs number as S&S). Still, the last section looks to be missing a song or two (please let it be "Everybody"). Sad not to see MDNA's Love Spent and Falling Free too.

Personally, I don't have the need to see a song from each studio album but if she is going to do Candy Shop and Human Nature AGAIN, they better be mindshatering versions who shit on their S&S versions.

Edited by Beastialg

I do not believ any rumuors that say, love spent is not included in the set list. Its one of the most strongest songs in the album and it is single worhty single who could do very well in Europe. I am pretty sure she will do that song. If not, than she needs some help, maybe changes the people she works with. The reason why to not include it on setlist had to be very very important.

Well she has never performed Love Profusion and that song is actually one of the strongest songs of the AL album, and she even filmed a video and relesead a single for that. So, being a strong track of an album isn`t really a reason to perform it. Sadly, in this case she probably couldn`t make it work in the context of the show...

Guest ditaluver

if this setlist is true...im not sure I want to spend the money to go more than once.

im really dissapointed at no love spent. i think its such a wasted oppurtunity, it is one of the best songs shes done in a long time.

i do not agree with candy shop and human nature.

i just dont get it. Ill wait till opening night and then I'll see if i want to spend another $400

When I've read the set list of previous tours before seeing it my reaction was always "this will suck" then when i see it all performed i end up loving it. I'm sure whatever it is she really does perform most of us will end up loving it.

So, it looks like the strongest and most "official" setlist so far looks like this:

PART 1 - TRANSGRESSION

1. Religious Intro

2. Girl Gone Wild (with Material Girl lyrics)

3. Revolver Big NO, replaced by borderline

4. Gang Bang

5. Papa Don't Preach

Best Friend (with Heartbeat lyrics) - Video Interlude

PART 2

6. Hung Up

7. I Don't Give A

8. Express Yourself (mixed with Born This Way and a She's Not Me ending)

9. Give Me All Your Luvin

10. Turn Up The Radio

Justify My Love - Video Interlude

PART 3

11. Open Your Heart

12. Masterpiece replaced by the power of goodbye

13. Vogue

14. Candy Shop (mixed with Erotica) replaced by Erotica

15. Human Nature replaced by like a virgin

Nobody Knows Me - Video Interlude

PART 4

16. I'm Addicted

17. I'm A Sinner (mixed with Cyber-Raga) replaced by Music with LMFAO sample

18. Like A Prayer

20. Celebration (Benny Benassi Mix) replaced by holiday

I don't think this is a "short" concert (about the same in songs number as S&S). Still, the last section looks to be missing a song or two (please let it be "Everybody"). Sad not to see MDNA's Love Spent and Falling Free too.

Personally, I don't have the need to see a song from each studio album but if she is going to do Candy Shop and Human Nature AGAIN, they better be mindshatering versions who shit on their S&S versions.

I'm a Sinner ???? Celebration ?? this final is far from being a crowd pleaser... Please, with all her back catalogue, she can't just ending with real catchy crowd pleaser... or with something special, the keep it together on BAT?? I don't think Celebration Benny Benassi Mix is something special or theatrical... Sometimes, I really don't understand

She closed the last tour with "Give it 2 Me" (which is fine, but hardly a celebrated Madonna classic), so who knows.

If that setlist sticks, CS and HN are the major WTF moments.

When I've read the set list of previous tours before seeing it my reaction was always "this will suck" then when i see it all performed i end up loving it. I'm sure whatever it is she really does perform most of us will end up loving it.

Uhnnn... it took a time for me to really get the DWT... actually it took some years. Sometimes those theatrical tours are really hard to digest, but eventually they become iconic art in the long run. We will see.

I'm a Sinner ???? Celebration ?? this final is far from being a crowd pleaser... Please, with all her back catalogue, she can't just ending with real catchy crowd pleaser... or with something special, the keep it together on BAT?? I don't think Celebration Benny Benassi Mix is something special or theatrical... Sometimes, I really don't understand

As if GI2M was :lmao: I don't even remember the ending, really. Good song, uninspired performance. Oh well.

That setlist looks weak. Candy Shop and Human Nature need to be dropped. I'm A Sinner should not be in

the last set. The last set should be all classic hits. Leaving Love Spent out is a missed opportunity - if it's true

then I assume it's because she can't sing it live. Why else would she leave out the strongest song on the album?

As if GI2M was :lmao: I don't even remember the ending, really. Good song, uninspired performance. Oh well.

That for the most part was mimed and the parts that weren't mimed sound rough.

Guest Not4Pussies

That setlist is missing something. I don't know if its the order of the songs, some songs missing, the inclusion of CS/HN, or if it needs a real ass kicking song some surprises. It's too meh!

I don't wanna b rude, but why do people keep posting their own setlists/It's-gonna-look-like-this setlists in this thread. What's the official rumored one, as of now? and please, fantasy setlist brigade...take it elsewhere. :D

That for the most part was mimed and the parts that weren't mimed sound rough.

Yeah, but the performance as a whole is so forgettable. The ugly wig, the meh-ish costumes, the bland remix. I did like the idea of the performance (a video game) and the "game over" thing, but other than that :no:

Please someone answer me this:

How sure are we about the EY/BTW thingy??? It's literally the ONLY thing I'm worried about right now! :confused:

I thought the show was going to be a lot longer than 2 hours this time, right m.d.n.a? unless they're just practicing a lot of songs even last week and will make the final selection this monday, so that it will be just a little under 2 hours again.. but I like the idea of a longer show actually.

She shouldn't perform this or that. She's performed this or that too many times. Whatever song sucks, doesn't suit the section. The ending should be a classic(and yet, if it was Holiday, people would be complaining, too), No songs from whatever album blah blah blah blah blah.....OMG just too bloody much! You all shouldn't waste your hard earned money on something you're not happy with.

:-D

lola will play and sing it !!

Haha

Ugh, I loved the idea of lav on piano. just like I love it when she goes gypsie etc. I'm surprised by this fanbase sometimes.

Ok...I'm praying that this "real" setlist is not true...

1. It's too short in general and has section with only two or three songs (a LITTLE under two hours or a LITTLE OVER two hours?)

2. most of the songs have been featured on her last tour

3. I remember we had a lot of "real" setlist that were posted by "reliable" sources like drownedmadonna and MadonnaTribe and guess what, they turned out to be fake :p

4. no songs from The First Album, Like a Virgin, Erotica, Ray of Light and Music??!! That can't be true! c'mon!

5. RETURN of CANDY SHOP & HUMAN NATURE?????!!!! WTF, Madonna?????!!!

1. The setlist posted by m.d.n.a. and confirmed by Boombox in the Chile forum actually features more songs than the Confessions Tour! Was that too short for you, too? Furthermore, apart from the first section (GIrl Gone Wild - Revolver - Gang Bang - Papa Don't Preach), we don't know the exact order of the songs, as was also made clear by m.d.n.a. The setlist he posted featured "Best Friend" as the 7th song (not including the intro), but the song order must have changed, now that it's definitely an interlude - otherwise, "Hung Up" and "I Don't Give A" would be part of the first section.

2. Since when does 5 songs equal "most of the songs" in a tour featuring at least 20 songs?

3.MadonnaTribe never posted an inaccurate setlist. They may have reported that songs "Deeper and Deeper" and "Erotica" were rehearsed for the Sticky & Sweet Tour and that "Impressive Instant" was rehearsed for the Sticky & Sweet Tour - but we have evidence that those songs were in fact rehearsed, as the respective tour demos have leaked.

4. The Confessions Tour completely ignored Like a Prayer, I'm Breathless, Bedtime Stories and American Life. Not to mention that the Drowned World Tour omitted any songs off Like a Virgin, Like a Prayer, I'm Breathless and Erotica.

She shouldn't perform this or that. She's performed this or that too many times. Whatever song sucks, doesn't suit the section. The ending should be a classic(and yet, if it was Holiday, people would be complaining, too), No songs from whatever album blah blah blah blah blah.....OMG just too bloody much! You all shouldn't waste your hard earned money on something you're not happy with.

THIS

I think people are starting to have the same bitch fits that they had before MDNA came out. I must admit I was part of that bitch fit and annoyed many on here complaining and complaining. This time around, I'm putting my good faith on Madonna, and I'm sure she won't disappoint. Whatever she sings, I love all her songs so that wouldn't matter. Yes,I'd like this or that, but ultimately it's her decision and all these rumored setlist are just that, RUMORED SETLISTS. They give us an idea but nothing is concrete til May 31rst. In the end, if you don't like it that much, sell your tickets on stubhub and make 4x'sthe profit although I'd bet no one on here will be complaining once they see the tour...that or at least no one on here will be selling their tickets.

::exhales:: 3 weeks...what to do, what to do...

Oh yeah, listen to all the great music that been released and give MDNA a break til the show starts and have the songs be reignited for me.

I'm sure little bits and pieces of news are on their way in the coming weeks as they have been already,with Martin's tweets etc...