Madonna 2012 New Album Thread

Chuck82

Guest groovyguy

http://entertainment.time.com/2012/01/09/music-monday-15-albums-to-look-forward-to-in-early-2012/

12. Madonna, Luv

(Date TBA)

Madonna has a new album coming out this year. It’ll be a sparse collection of harp-driven indie folk — just kidding, it’s going to be poppy. From the sound of the leaked track “Gimme All Your Luvin,” (featuring M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj) Madge’s still untitled album will contain infectious dance anthems certain to be overplayed on Top 40 radio.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/photos/our-10-greatest-hopes-and-fears-for-2012-20120104/madonna-plots-her-comeback-0585112#ixzz1izgfsaTo

Madonna Plots Her Comeback

Hope: Madonna hasn't released a universally praised album since 1998's Ray of Light. Sure, she's released a ton of great songs since then – but the 2000s clearly weren't as great for her fans as the 1980s and 1990s. Working with Timbaland on the last one seemed like a desperate move to remain relevant. The success of Lady Gaga must be bumming her out big time. It's clearly time for a comeback. The Super Bowl Halftime show is a great place to showcase her new single. Hopefully it's great. The tour will undoubtably be amazing, but she doesn't need to be an oldies act. The lady has more hits in her.

Fear: It's tough for veteran artists to land on the radio. We worry that people won't give anything she produces a decent chance. The single is supposed to contain guest spots by Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. That's a pretty good way to get people to listen. Madonna is 53, but there's no reason she can't continue to be the world's biggest pop star.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/photos/our-10-greatest-hopes-and-fears-for-2012-20120104/madonna-plots-her-comeback-0585112#ixzz1izgfsaTo

Hope: Madonna hasn't released a universally praised album since 1998's Ray of Light. Sure, she's released a ton of great songs since then – but the 2000s clearly weren't as great for her fans as the 1980s and 1990s. Working with Timbaland on the last one seemed like a desperate move to remain relevant. The success of Lady Gaga must be bumming her out big time. It's clearly time for a comeback. The Super Bowl Halftime show is a great place to showcase her new single. Hopefully it's great. The tour will undoubtably be amazing, but she doesn't need to be an oldies act. The lady has more hits in her.

Fear: It's tough for veteran artists to land on the radio. We worry that people won't give anything she produces a decent chance. The single is supposed to contain guest spots by Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. That's a pretty good way to get people to listen. Madonna is 53, but there's no reason she can't continue to be the world's biggest pop star.

People have been all praise so far concerning her music. Everyone seems to miss her. Nice to see once in a while :)

http://entertainment...-in-early-2012/

12. Madonna, Luv

(Date TBA)

Madonna has a new album coming out this year. It'll be a sparse collection of harp-driven indie folk — just kidding, it's going to be poppy. From the sound of the leaked track "Gimme All Your Luvin," (featuring M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj) Madge's still untitled album will contain infectious dance anthems certain to be overplayed on Top 40 radio.

wow, they are clueless since American Life...

Guest bluejean

They are clueless all round. They seem to have forgotten that both Music and Confessions did well critically and commercially. So I would hardly say the 00's weren't great. Even Hard Candy did well commercially technically speaking.

They are clueless all round. They seem to have forgotten that both Music and Confessions did well critically and commercially. So I would hardly say the 00's weren't great. Even Hard Candy did well commercially technically speaking.

Exactly.Critics can be so clueless at times.

^Oh please, you have to live in denial if you think that Madonna is not worried about Gaga's success. She's very competitive and has always tried to be better than any rival, so imagine when that rival is ripping you off and having global hits (even if the last singles didn't do well).

^Oh please, you have to live in denial if you think that Madonna is not worried about Gaga's success. She's very competitive and has always tried to be better than any rival, so imagine when that rival is ripping you off and having global hits (even if the last singles didn't do well).

That article called her "desperate" and "irrelevent." Following with a sentence concerning M's hypothetical worry over someone who blatantly rips off her catalog of artistry. M the ICON has no concern over gimicks. She shows them how it's DONE. Whoever wrote that obviously is a Little Monster that was Born Yesterday. The 2000's did not disappoint. Music, American Life, Remixed & Revisited, I'm Going To Tell You A Secret, Confessions On A Dancefloor, and Hard Candy supported by the defining tours that only a mother monster wished she could dream up. (I.E. The Monster Ball Sack)

WTF??? Music? COAD anyone?

If Madonna had not had any universally praised album since 1998 her career would be OVER long ago. They have no idea.

Guest bluejean

American Life, Remixed & Revisited, I'm Going To Tell You A Secret

:lmao: I agree with what you are saying but let's not overdo it here. Remixed & Revisited? :rotfl:

I don't understand why there's still a debate as to when the song will be released when her official Facebook page clearly states it'll be in the last week of January. With that said, I don't believe it'll be anywhere between the 23rd to the 29th. I'm leaning towards the 31rst as its closer to the Super Bowl.

If anything, a leak is the only thing I can imagine will happen any sooner. But that would kill everything so I'm hoping it doesn't leak and we all just have to wait.

it's just 3 weeks till the Superbowl... even if GAYL leaks, it wouldn't really be THAT ruined since it will actually help people be familiar with her latest single when February 5 comes... A leak in the January 20s will be ok...

Jan. 15 is the first day of sales tracking outside the USA- maybe Jan. 16 for the USA? (if it even happens)

The ideal iTunes release would be Jan. 30- that way it has a week or so of sales building up to the SB- and then it's available for anyone who wants it after seeing the performance. If it were put up on iTunes right after the performance, that would be a good chunk of sales that would not do much for it in terms of chart position (if they care about that stuff).

If Madonna had not had any universally praised album since 1998 her career would be OVER long ago. They have no idea.

According to Metacritic...

...Music was univerally acclaimed (80/100)

...American Life received mixed reviews (60/100)

...Confessions on a Dance Floor was universally acclaimed (80/100)

...Hard Candy received generally favorable reviews (65/100)

It does, indeed, seem that they 'forgot' two albums. Or maybe they didn't give any of the albums particularly good reviews and don't want to acknowledge that most other reviewers were positive about two of them.