APPRECIATE 'BAD GIRL'

acko

It's a great song! Useless bit of trivia - Bad Girl and In This Life use identical percussion tracks in their opening bars (snare, etc.). Go and have a listen! Sneaky Shep :) In This Life's continues on unembellished for ages, but Bad Girl's adds some proper drums once the first verse kicks in.

Absolutely adore Bad Girl my favourite Madonna ballad. The song IMO is up there with Vogue and Like A Prayer it's brilliant. And the video, my god it's amazing it doesn't get much better than Bad Girl. We should all twitter Guy Oseary to get Madonna to perform it on her next tour it deserves a brilliant tour performance.

Guest edsalas

Bad Girl. Mmm, I love the song. It's one of the best from the Erotica album. I'll never understand why did it only make it to #36 in Billboard. This song should've gone higher. Thank goodness it went to #10 in the U.K. Though Madonna's vocals in the Erotica album are not exactly the most amazing of all her entire career, she sings this song with feeling. She feels it a lot. LOOOOOOOVE the video, like a mini movie. Great acting, she looks beautiful, especially love how her hair was done in the vid. I'm still angry that this video wasn't included in Celebration DVD. I don't get why. :rant: :rant: And her SNL performance, flawless. Just her standing in front of the microphone singing it flawlessly. One of her best vocals of her entire career. This is another example that Madonna really CAN sing when she wants.

Guest bluejean

that's in my top 3 of all Madonna song. I'll never understand why she refuses to sing it live again.

I don't think she refuses, I think it just hasn't fit in anywhere so far. She could have performed it instead of 'In This Life' at TGS I guess.

For one of the tours it was rumoured that it was being considered or maybe even rehearsed. I think it was Confessions, not quite sure.

I don't think she refuses, I think it just hasn't fit in anywhere so far. She could have performed it instead of 'In This Life' at TGS I guess.

For one of the tours it was rumoured that it was being considered or maybe even rehearsed. I think it was Confessions, not quite sure.

Agree with the bolded part.

It was rehearsed for RIT I believe.

This song was one of my 5 favorites after I played the album the first time. When the brilliant video came out, I fell in love with song all over again. Definitely a Madonna highlight for me. Charts be damned. Madonna at her BEST!

:lol:

I actually don't get the appeal of this song.

Like I said earlier - it's great in the extended mix form - but the original? Leaves a lot to be desired. Also, the SNL performance has the better vocals.

"Bad Girl" is very much a downer track and was one of her least commercial/successful singles up to that time, so understandable that it was left off STR. "Oh Father" also was not that commercial, but it's a better track and more "uplifting."

As a track, BG's alright, but the video is the real highlight.

Guest edsalas

:unsure::lol:

On the other hand, I LOVE "This Used to Be my Playground" :madgemanson:

You love it and our Queen Madonna hates it, lol.