Madonna to perform at either Grammy's or Brits

Genevieve Vavance

Guest bluejean

Unless she is getting some sort of lifetime achievement award? Prince got an award like that at the Grammy's and opened with a ceremony duetting with Beyonce afew years back.

It seems weird that she'd perform at the Grammy's or the Brits. My god, what would she be promoting at that point? Unless they are giving her some kind of lifetime achievement award or something...

One of these days, I'd think the Shammys would give her the Living Legend award (as it did with MJ back around 1993). But knowing NARAS, maybe not.

She performed "Hung Up" when it was long past its peak and when she wasn't even nominated for anything that year. So one can never say never,

And what do ya mean she hasn't performed in forever? She just finished a second leg of S&S. :) TV performances are rare for her (least compared to most), which is what makes it special when she actually does one.

I don't think a Living Legend award is out of the question. Madonna is done with WB and is entering her Live Nation period. Her "Celebration" collection was a testament to the huge contribution Madonna has made towards the music industry. Didn't Madonna tie (or surpass) Elvis for the artist with the most Top 10 hits last year?

Either way, I'm still not over the fact that The Grammy's totally SNUBBED "Like A Prayer", one of the year's best reviewed albums and Madonna's best work up to that point. Schmucks.

alberto, remember that NARAS nominated (and awarded) safe, non-threatening acts in the major categories for eons(and still does to a degree). No other explanation for the snub of LAP album and single 9hck, even in the Pop Vocal category, in which Paula Abdul was nominated. lol)

This Just In from Anna Mfanzine :

"from where things stand right now, i can fairly say m is set to open the grammys ceremony in february =]"

:blink:

I'm happy to hear that, but also confused. Will this be a medley of hits? So weird.

Why weird? She's a performer, the greatest performer on earth. I can't wait!

It's just out of place. I'm not complaining at all - I look forward to most all of her performances. I just don't get what she'll be doing there in the first place.

I'm not saying she HAS TO promote anything, it's just unlike her to promote, period. If she had been doing a vigorous push for the Celebration collection (doing X-Factor, American Music Awards, etc.), I might see the continuity. But this just seems out of nowhere and it just seems odd for her to do it considering her past involvement.

I don't think performing "Hung Up" in 2006 is the same thing. COADF was still selling pretty healthy in the U.S. and it was less than 3 months old. Plus, she had a whirlwind promotional schedule for that album. Doing the Grammy Awards wasn't really out of place.

Anyway, I guess I will just shut up and see what she does. It would be cool if it was some type of Warner send-off.

Maybe the S&S Tour DVD will be out around then? Not sure how a Grammy performance could help that other than getting her name in the news, but who knows?