CELEBRATION: A RETARDATION.

Mattress

Guest Pud Whacker

I'm sorry Pud but Mattress wasn't inaccuarate at al.Music is fucked up, and Erotica too.Revolver, as we know, is another fucked up song on it.The same goes for the Holltwood intro.

listen, i know there is an entire audience for the nit picking. all im saying is that for me it was completely inaccurate and misleading. i was truly expecting the worst. ive just been listening to it and NOTHING is jumping out at me SCREAMING - WRONG! NO!!! ITS BAD, WHY? WHAT? in fact, its quite the opposite.

its just flowing right along for me, perfectly.

so glow on, i came here do give a different perspective for other fans. xo

and as far as music is concerned its had 5 listens and i havent heard one thing. hollywood - i dont know what version you people have vs the one i have but I CANT NOT HEAR anything form american life on it. that one i kept backing up to see if i was missing something. and the answer is NO.

so far, nothing has stood out regarding erotica but ill keep an ear open for it.

Guest Pud Whacker

Well sorry Pud, but you are are deaf I think. I bought the double cd, I have the iTunes version and the sound on those tracks is a mess like Matress said.

ok.

again, i was just speaking for myself. i do not hear american life on hollywood. and if it is there, its so faint, that its totally unnoticeable to me. i even backed that shyt up several times.

as i said, i was expecting the worst but when i played it last night, i was just pleasantly surprised by all of it. its just my experience and im sorry youre disappointed because i know youre a huge fan of madonna.

we all have different expectations, mine were met. :vogue:

wow maybe it's me but i don't think is so horrible....

I'll take a couple of months off work or Uni and i'll try to analyze!

What the fxxk how many people doesn't have a life!

Enjoy the music if u don't like don't play it!

i really couldnt have asked for a better greatest hits. xo

thanks Pud I was having doubts because of this thread but if you think it's perfect then I have nothing to worry about

It's a Celebration!!! :thumbsup:

Well I'm not buying it - I'll wait until a few years time when they want to bring about a revival and put out something worth having.

I just hope the DVD isn't fucked up as I do want that.

u dont buy anything Madonna do u anymore? ...in fact, besides surfing this forum, u seem very off Madonna...u starting to like Kylie now secretly? lol

ok.

again, i was just speaking for myself. i do not hear american life on hollywood. and if it is there, its so faint, that its totally unnoticeable to me. i even backed that shyt up several times.

as i said, i was expecting the worst but when i played it last night, i was just pleasantly surprised by all of it. its just my experience and im sorry youre disappointed because i know youre a huge fan of madonna.

we all have different expectations, mine were met. :vogue:

same here, totally love it...however, i do hear the abrupt edit in Erotica...

Guest dicktracy

so far, nothing has stood out regarding erotica but ill keep an ear open for it.

At 3:30 you can't miss it. It's ridiculous. Otherwise everything else is great especially Lucky Star, I love this alternate version. Express Yourself is bearable but if I wasn't told that they were both versions poorly edited in the beginning I probably wouldn't have noticed as much. Ignorance is bliss sometimes...

Let me guess, you will be blaming Mattress if it's not a huge success?

I didn't say that. In fact, I am sure it's going to sell pretty decent.

He just posted the FACTS. Any "negative buzz" is the fault of the people who produced the CD, it wouldn't have gone unnoticed by the hardcore fans if Mattress said nothing.

Facts, shmacks.... it's more like nitpicking. I have nothing against Mattress. But what I find interesting is that there are a number of people who are relying on his word and has decided to pass on the album. Sorry dude, but that's creating a "negative buzz", whether he intended it or not. And it seems that there are a lot of hardcore fans like myself who are speaking up now in this thread, who aren't hearing the same things Mattress is stating. In fact, I've noticed a pattern in the negative replies... most of the people who are making negative replies or stating they aren't buying this collection, have been pretty much negative about Madonna more recently anyway. Of course, there are some who are just quite naive and got sucked into the negativity and believes it without hearing it for themselves.

Furthermore, the whole part about hearing the end of "American Life" on "Hollywood" isn't factual. And if the other glitches are there, I don't hear them and even so, what was mentioned was quite minimal to me.

Personally, I already bought the CD and enjoyed it, loved the sequencing of the tracks. I really don't care if the CD does well (makes no difference to my life), but I don't think a thread on a Madonna internet forum is going to have much if any impact on how the album does.

Again, not factual. It's just not a "thread" anymore. Back up and read what some have posted. The one thread has been passed on to other forums, to blogs, to mass emails. I would think that does have some sort of impact whether you want to admit it or not, especially with the internet being a strong medium these days.

Oh and I will be replacing certain tracks on my itunes with better versions because I don't really want jumpy versions of Erotica, Cherish, Music etc. Who would?

Not me! I am not sure what you're listening to, but all those versions sound pretty damn good to me. But hey, if you want to replace them, fine by me. That's your choice.

I have to agree with the sentiment of what some have posted lately. It's a damn shame how some are really nitpicking and making something more than what is there. But then again, most of those people who have done so, do not surprise me for what they are saying. A lot of them have been quite negative and nitpicking for a long long time now.

Guest hot revolver

listen, i know there is an entire audience for the nit picking. all im saying is that for me it was completely inaccurate and misleading. i was truly expecting the worst. ive just been listening to it and NOTHING is jumping out at me SCREAMING - WRONG! NO!!! ITS BAD, WHY? WHAT? in fact, its quite the opposite.

its just flowing right along for me, perfectly.

so glow on, i came here do give a different perspective for other fans. xo

and as far as music is concerned its had 5 listens and i havent heard one thing. hollywood - i dont know what version you people have vs the one i have but I CANT NOT HEAR anything form american life on it. that one i kept backing up to see if i was missing something. and the answer is NO.

yea i agree with u pud, we're such uber fans!! :inlove: i havent heard any audio defects either so i dont see the bif deal.

Guest ursaminorjim

...It's a damn shame how some are really nitpicking and making something more than what is there. But then again, most of those people who have done so, do not surprise me for what they are saying. A lot of them have been quite negative and nitpicking for a long long time now.

Well, one man's nitpicking is another man's dealbreaker. No use in castigating people who disagree with you, though. We all know where that leads.

I've bought a copy anyway - ten bucks on Amazon? Why not!

I can hear some strange things on Music, but after people have been saying here, it sounds better than I expected (I even think DYU´s edit is not that bad), although, as her definitive collection, it should have been perfect, and it´s not.anyway, I´m really enjoying her new songs.And I skip EY.

Mattress, whenever you have time you need to write that comparison between The Immaculate Collection versions and the originals. Many here find your audiophile knowledge invaulable. :thumbsup:

I'd also be interested in your review of the Celebration CD and DVD when you get them. You should put it on Amazon. :wow:

I think the people who aren't going to buy it, already knew they weren't anyway if there were problems. They should hear it for themselves first to decide.

I still definitely hear pops and crackles in "Music", but other than that, the collection is brilliant!! I noticed a nanosecond of "American Life" at the very start of "Hollywood" a couple of hours ago when I was listening to my iPod, but I tend to listen to stuff quite loudly and it was more of an "Oh...that's what people have been complaining about! I can barely hear it!" moment than an "Oh my God, the song is ruined!" catastrophe ;) Given the uproar about this, I'm very surprised that no one has mentioned something that I noticed the first time I heard this particular song. It's barely perceptible and I'm sure that most people wouldn't even hear it, but it's far more obvious to my ears than the AL/Hollywood "issue". I refuse to identify it, though, because I don't want to give anyone any more reason to criticise this collection, because it really is an amazing piece of work!

I notice that several people with Twitter have been sending Guy O very rude and insulting messages about "Celebration". This is definitely not the way to deal with concerns that people may have and will only serve to get his back up. I guess some people are more interested in venting than actually seeing results, though.

In short, as many have been saying, people should just get the collection and listen to it/judge for themselves. When it all boils down, it's still an outstanding piece of work. After all, it's a Madonna collection....how could it not be?! :thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker

I still definitely hear pops and crackles in "Music", but other than that, the collection is brilliant!! I noticed a nanosecond of "American Life" at the very start of "Hollywood" a couple of hours ago when I was listening to my iPod, but I tend to listen to stuff quite loudly and it was more of an "Oh...that's what people have been complaining about! I can barely hear it!" moment than an "Oh my God, the song is ruined!" catastrophe ;) Given the uproar about this, I'm very surprised that no one has mentioned something that I noticed the first time I heard this particular song. It's barely perceptible and I'm sure that most people wouldn't even hear it, but it's far more obvious to my ears than the AL/Hollywood "issue". I refuse to identify it, though, because I don't want to give anyone any more reason to criticise this collection, because it really is an amazing piece of work!

I notice that several people with Twitter have been sending Guy O very rude and insulting messages about "Celebration". This is definitely not the way to deal with concerns that people may have and will only serve to get his back up. I guess some people are more interested in venting than actually seeing results, though.

In short, as many have been saying, people should just get the collection and listen to it/judge for themselves. When it all boils down, it's still an outstanding piece of work. After all, it's a Madonna collection....how could it not be?! :thumbsup:

her fans are so....

Way to go fans. Mabye the next analysis could be even more hateful in tone and call for her head. Really l think that's ok considering they did not put on the versions you would have. Great energy you put out there over a few beeps.

Guest ursaminorjim

Way to go fans. Mabye the next analysis could be even more hateful in tone and call for her head. Really l think that's ok considering they did not put on the versions you would have. Great energy you put out there over a few beeps.

And yet another graduate of Missing the Point college! :lol: